Yet another arms race halted by Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by zanket, Jan 28, 2009.

1. draqon Banned Banned

correction, if only Americans or another nation would not start one.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

No, it was directed to the US specifically. Bush was the only one starting an arms race, and no other nation starts arms races anyway, at least not the $20 trillion kind.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

not even China?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

But spidergoat, the prez has no effect on the economy. The prez is just a puppet! That little thing called a budget that the prez submits to Congress every year--pointless. The economy is like Nature; it does what it wants. My church told me so.

8. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

LOL! Please provide some facts to back your nonsense here. I love the way you over look the fact that Obama decides how not to pursue a magical 20 trillion dollar debt that doesn't exist by asking for a $825 billion dollar guaranteed debt to the American people. Some saviour.

Who knows, maybe the $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts; $200 million to plant sod on the National Mall; $400 million for climate change research; and $200 million for contraception will be money well spent? Somehow I don't think so and you know what? Neither to those HYPOCRITES the demofats as they are busily attempting to sweep the mall job under the rug after being popped for useless self serving pork.

9. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Nope. Republicans started an arms race with China and Russia. There is no arms race, or one brewing, between China and Russia.

10. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Is that why it was Clinton that deregulated the banks that honestly did get us a helluva lot closer to where we are at than Bush ever could?

You got your facts a little out of sequence Spidergoat. It was Reagan that got us the boom of the 90s.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Some conservative Democrats are to blame too...

12. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

That's a common Republican request: prove that obviously wasted money isn't just as wasted as other expenditures. The $20 trillion debt won't exist because Obama cancelled the order.

Listen to you, arguing against having grass on the National Mall. We wouldn't need to borrow the money for that if Republicans hadn't wasted so much to pay for their supporters' yachts and Gulfstreams.

13. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Why do Republicans pretend that Bush didn't have 8 years to steer the boat away from the rocks? Every prez will make mistakes. Nothing stops the next prez from correcting them.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Any boom that Reagan created was done by borrowing money! I could easily have a temporary boom of my own, just by borrowing. Bush's boom was also done by borrowing. They were fake booms.

14. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

ROTLMAO!! This is too much! :bugeye:

15. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Wrong again there my boobala, it's was Clinton that made the office of POTUS a laughing stock. The .com boom did more for the REAL economy in the mid to late 90s than Georgie boy ever did.

When will the band standers ever get it right? It's NOT the political party, it's the person wearing the suite. Abraham Lincoln was the GREATEST president the United States ever had, and may quite possibly EVER HAVE. That was not because he was a "Republican" friend, it was because he was Abe Lincoln.

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

It wasn't an arms race.

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

He said it was started, not entered but started my democratic candidates. Implying that we attacked, ie, germany full force and that began WW2

18. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Yeah, because constantly harping about the need to reduce the deficit, while creating a budget surplus, is the opposite of what the prez should do. I remember Republicans were furious that Clinton wouldn't spend the surplus on their pork projects, as if the deficit didn't exist! Republicans have no intention of ever paying back a dime they borrowed. They are the biggest welfare lovers ever.

It's definitely the party. Republicans may have been great in Lincoln's day, but, today, all their souls have been sold. Yesterday there was an article about Obama meeting solely with Republican members of Congress about his stimulus package. When he left the meeting he walked past a Republican telling reporters that Obama had shut them out. They are liars, thieves, murderers, torturers, and more.

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I know it's fashinable to blame everything on Bush, but the Democrats are just as responsible for the economic mess as the Republicans going at least back to Carter. If you really believe the Dems are angels and the Reps are devils you're living in a fantasy land.

20. electrafixtion Registered Senior Member

Sir, you have COMPLETELY forfeited any and all legitimacy and/or credibility with respect to your position. Not once during your ramblings have you cited a statistical fact. Not once. You have sure blown a great deal of hot air though. I suggest that you make an attempt to get a grip. Possibly take a nice long vacation. Do whatever is necessary refocus and fine tune your perception of reality.

21. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Thank goodness the majority now knows better, except that it's Republican voters to blame, not just Bush. Democrats might share 10% of the blame at most.

22. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

Only Republicans need proof that not wasting money saves money.

It's only going to get worse for conservatives. When this latest Great Depression gets a full head of steam, with its Bushvilles and starving children and all, you can fully expect to be shunned for expressing Republicanisms. Kansas(!) voted 80% Democrat in 1936.