Yesterday's good deed for the day

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by CarpetDiem, Dec 1, 2008.

1. CarpetDiem Burnin' hours, season days Registered Senior Member

I met a guy today that I hadn't seen for over 20 years. He knew my name straight away, while I awkardly fumbled around my head for his. It appears that I had left a lasting impression on him, which yeah, makes me feel good in this recital.

Years ago when we were kids, we knew each other by sight. He was the brother of a girl who was in the year above me at primary school.
    Anyway, this one day I was tearing about the neighbourhood on my pushbike. I came screaming around this corner and noticed two similarly aged guys pushing this kid onto the ground and they started laying into him. So, I screeched to a halt, jumped off my bike and ran at these two bulllies and started yelling at them furiously to stop or meet their doom (the adrenalin was pumpin' now, I couldn't fight for shit back then, but looked sorta menacing when angry). These kids shit themselves and hightailed it outta there, with me yelling at them 'dont let me catch you'. This trembling kid was very grateful. We had a short chat and we went on our way and I didn't talk to him again until today.

I felt good about it that day, but truthfully thought nothing of it ever since, until today, when I was reminded, by a grown up kid now a sucesssful engineer. He made me feel good about my intervention and was still grateful, yet I had no idea how much that deed meant to him.

So, I know I'm not alone. What good deeds of yesteryear/yesteday (perhaps forgotten or even unpunished as the saying goes) have come into your consciousness lately?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I didn't shoot my Ex wifes boyfriend that she was seeing behind my back!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

No wonder you had a stroke.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But that was over 40 years ago now!