Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

LOOK

Better yet, Lucas wouldn't direct it! Spielberg might! My god, anyone but Lucas, but Spielberg is way better than anyone. This would so, so, so kick ass if they did it, I don't know how they would do it, considering the large amount of books said to have taken place after the second trilogy...but, let's put it this way. If Lucas helped some other dude write the movies, and Spielberg directed it, the movies would just be awesome. Dare I say it, they could even rival the original trilogy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. curioucity Unbelievable and odd Registered Senior Member

then be happy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I wouldn't mind having Sam Rami (Spider Man, Evil Dead) direct it. Does the article even mention which books they might go with?

As I recall a friend of mine read some of the books about the empire after the dark sith was dead. It was all about the fall out from the war. That could be interesting to see.

Fuck George Lucas.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

They need to get the Wachoski (sp?) brothers to direct it.

Sith lord to Han: You don't know the power of the dark side!
    Han to Sith lord: I know kung-fu

*bullet time rife lightsaber/kung-fu battle ensues

8. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

Why don't they get a hardcore StarWars fan to write a script......better yet have a contest of the best fan fic winning the prize. George Lucas sgould be put on a deserted Island during the completion of this project if it ever takes place.

9. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

Heh there are starwars books starting from only 6 hours after the end of Return of the Jedi to years and years into the friggin' future of the universe. If they want to make an all new trillogy, but use the same characters from the first, then they're going to have to step on the toes of books they allowed to be written as StarWars cannon.

10. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

im not such an avid fan that i know for sure, but i hear that they are already stepping on the toes of expanded universe material with the prequils

11. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I think the movies kind of take precedence over books, mostly from a financial perspective. They can't make as much money as the movies, they kind of suck anyway, so f*ck 'em. I did read the Timothy Zahn trilogy a long, long time ago, but then I realized that it sucked so I decided to give the Star Wars books a rest, since that was the best that they could come up with. They could just put them a long, long time in the future, a few decades, perhaps?

Spielberg would be my first choice...Kubrick would be awesome if he was still alive, and willing to direct something so beneath him...hmmm...but not the Wachowski brothers. Except for the fight scenes, the Matrix movies suck. Even in the original, the fight scenes kind of suck now because they're completely outdated. They relied mostly on technology that has been copied and parodied a thousand times over--do we want that to happen to Star Wars?

12. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

It doesn't matter if you use 1920's effects, so long as you use them properly. A number of recent movies show this(both sides of the coin). If you use the effects properly, you don't need fancy ones. Many try to make up for poor plot/directing/actors/etc. with fancy special effects, and this doesn't work.

13. Nasor Valued Senior Member

Nearly everything that Spielberg does has an obnoxious aura of optimism and nicety to it. It's usually like watching a high-budget Disney movie. I seriously doubt that Spielberg could handle making a movie where the main character learns that his arch-enemy is his father, has his hand cut off, and then the movie ends…

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

He won't be doing that will he now. He'll be doing someting completly different and hopefully something completly cool

15. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

Indeed, I hate Spielberg movies. He's one of the most boring directors out there.

If they do decide to make more starwars movies I'd like to see them make one solid adventure with unexpected plot twists and the whole shebang. I want to see a big budget B-movie triology, and no children oriented bullcrap. As to which director could pull this off, I have no idea, but one of the B-movie big-shots migth be eligible.

16. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

You guys didn't like Jurassic Park? Indiana Jones? Hook?

Unbelievable. How could you like anything, at least the first two are some of the best movies ever made!

As for a b-movie big shot, I would forward whoever directed Reign of Fire. That was maybe the best b-movie I've ever seen. After that comes either Evil Dead or Army of Darkness, although he wouldn't be my first choice, Sam Raimi directing star wars would be interesting. But, let me reiterate:

Anyone but Lucas! Whatever talent the man had directing the first movie is now completely nonexistent. May I point to the recent star wars movies for evidence...

17. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

The stuff he did pre 1990 was mostly good but every movie he's directed since then has been utter crap, barring Jurassic Park which was decent. I just hope he doesn't ruin Indiana Jones 4.

18. jps Valued Senior Member

Darren Aronofsky directing star wars would be cool.

19. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

How about David Fincher for the new trillogy. He directed Se7en and Fight Club among others. I bet we would learn a thing or two about the dark side.

20. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Spymoose

That would be awesome.

21. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

pete jackson? ever consider it? no... guess not... maybe he wouldn't be that great...

22. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Barf!
    As much as I enjoyed the Matrix, I don't think the Wachoski's style would fit into star Wars.

23. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Yeah, Matrix style Jedi fights.