Yes Obama Crisis is Over----Really?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

When you're in an elevator that is in free fall, you no longer care that you are getting farther from your intended floor - your overriding concern is that the elevator brakes will kick in, and slow the descent before the elevator slams into the bottom of the shaft with lethal velocity.

From what I can see, the economy has stopped its free fall, and we have probably avoided the type of collapse that seemed all too possible last fall. I think this is cause for a big sigh of relief. That hardly means that "happy days are here again", but stopping short of the precipice is a good thing. I'm unaware of any reason top think that McCain would have done any better, though I don't know that he would have done significantly worse. Keynesian stimulus would have been implemented whoever won.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

think about it ..if we had stayed in we would of outranked him.....lol

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

by who?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I was a E-5, in 3, 1 year as a WO1, 1 year WO2, reverted to 6, had to wait for time in grade to make 7, and that was only another 4 years, and was on the 8 list when I was injured and received a medical.

Rank was slow in coming after Vietnam, seems the Democrats wanted to cut the military, RIF programs across the Boards, and if you weren't 4-O across the Boards you were out.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

NVA, one helicopter crash, two tank training accidents.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

I don't think you would have made 4-O across the boards.

10. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

so the viet cong.... bastards

i was AF and their time in grade is the worse

I worked aerospace after and the government was spending money like crazy
    But it figures it wouldn't go to the troops

11. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

it would of been my choice to stay in .. yeah i would

I loved my job

12. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

The Air Force? you really consider that being in service?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Business Office hours, Clean Sheets Every Night, Hot Showers every day, Resturant Mess Halls, and you call that being in service?

Hell my son was in the Air Force, in 98, and as a A1c he was making more per month than I made as a SSgt. in 79.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

What was your MOS?

14. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

it's called something different not MOS at least in the AF

machinist.. make things out of metal on lathes and milling machines
    things got real gee-whiz and fun with advent of computer controlled equipment

15. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Business Office hours, Clean Sheets Every Night, Hot Showers every day, Resturant Mess Halls, and you call that being in service?

you left out the bus driver hat with the dress blues ....lol

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really loved it when we got to RON a Air Base, in Nam, real food, and the steam and creams, butterfly girls, and a hot shower before you went to bed.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

We used to make bombs to drop out of our copters, in our machine shops, the guys just loved to do it in their spare time, and it was fun to make like the Airedales once in a while.

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Obama inherited a recession. 8 years of damage will take allot longer then 6 months to fix. You know that. But you hate him personally so much that logic doesn't matter. The Republicans are really showing their true colors. A bunch of old southern undereducated wackos.

19. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I agree BR, it's just begun. The Republicans approached the problem the same way if you remember. It's the campaign to sustain the unsustainable, it's what we demand. It would take a courageous leader indeed to implement the kind of radical reforms needed to address our real situation.

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And Has Obama done anything to change those failed policies?

No, He just continued the deficit spending on steroids, and continues to grow the size and scope of the Government in our lives, with money that we don't have and come right off the printing press of the Federal Reserve,

Inherited the problem Hell Obama Embraced it with Both Arms and put it In a Leg Lock, and is trying to Hump it For all it is Worth.​

21. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you should look at the unemployment numbers you have been fond of throwing around. The unemployment rate went down this month...first time since April of 2008. Also the number of new unemployed continues to fall going from 700k per month to just 247k in July.

By the way Buffalo Roam, cat got your fingers? http://www.sciforums.com/showpost.php?p=2334942&postcount=6

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

You mean the spun numbers, remember the Unemployment is more than the U-3, but then that would make you look at the truth of exactly where we are, and what the true suituation is.

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/unemployment-not-pointing-towards-recovery

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Oh, I see. So now you don't want to look at the very numbers you have been citing ever since Obama took office.

Well it seems everyone in the business community belives those numbers...the people who use the numbers for investment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.