Yellow Rock on Mars!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by rhw007, Apr 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xev Registered Senior Member

You remain a whiney, self obsessed nutcase.

I have not commented on your numerous errors of syntax, spelling and grammer because doing so is poor Netiquette.

Damn shame, that. You might lose some of that obvious frustration after looking at a few 'inappropriate images'.

Of course we have your word for this.....somhow the babble of a whiney crackpot does not convince me.

I find it hard to believe that anyone at NASA would bother with you - however, maybe they play drinking games with your rantings.

"Okay, next time he says somthing stupid, you drink a shot of vodka!"

In which case, the problems with metric/english conversions make perfect sense.

Naw thanks, I only twirl my hair when I am flirting. You do not bring out that urge.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

I would think there are rocks of many colours on Mars. Does it matter? Not really, unless you are involved in working out Martian geology and terraforming details.

Would a Mars mission worker from NASA answer such challenges from people outside the project who don't know everything about the project? Well, if I was the one being challenged, I would not bother. I'd probably get a million such challenges every day.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. rhw007 Registered Senior Member

What does it matter Adam?

try research here:
    http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/mars/mars_js_1.html

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/solarsystem/mars_blotches_020130.html

And TRUE COLOR images might help us find what causes:

The 'Foo-Foo Dust' on Mars:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/spotlight/merlandingAll.html

I can think and come up with MORE reasons FOR true color images, like how they can say 'White Rock' is not white, but they can't tell us what color it is, only not white. I doubt anyone, who has done the homework and research, can come up with one reasonable reason why color would NOT be helpful in Mars study.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Let me put it another way: Are YOU involved in any space programme which might require you to know the truth of whether a rock on Mars is white or yellow? If not, aren't you just causing a cafuffle for no reason?

8. rhw007 Registered Senior Member

Let ME put it another way, I didn't know I HAD to belong to the personal White House staff to care whether George had gutted the National Treasured White House to make an indoor baseball field.

9. Northwind Master of Anvils Registered Senior Member

What, in the name of the sacred anvil, is with you and this fucked up obsession with TRUE COLOR (capitals added to mimic annoyance factor of rhw007) images of Mars? What the hell do you imagine a true color image is going to tell you, other than, "whoa, the sky is pink and the rock are a reddish ocher color"?

10. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Maybe he heard somewhere that NASA said the rock was white, and he demands they admit it's really an off-white. Or maybe they said yellow and he demands they admit it is lemon. Interior decorators have strange urges.

11. Lesion42 Deranged Hermit Registered Senior Member

12. Xev Registered Senior Member

Naw....he's wondering why whatever 'rock' he is smoking is yellow.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Mmmkay, onto rhw007.....or whatever.

Ha ha ha!

The Martian sky should not be blue - our sky is blue because light of the 'blue wavelength' is scattered by O and N molecules. Mars is relativly lacking (95% CO, 3% N, with traces of H20 and O versus Earth's 78% N, 21% O)

In addition, Mars can be seen to be reddish in Hubble pictures - but perhaps the Cthulhu cult and JPL are faking those pictures - very well, in any fairly large telescope.

Now, your plant hypothesis is bunk as well. The Vikings would have detected carbon based life - as chlorophyll plants are. Mayhaps this is also a cover up? Uh huh.

I note that the pictures the Hungarian team used are not color. *Chuckles*

I noticed no mention of the use of true color images in the article. Perhaps you could point that out?

Holy Batman! I had no idea!

Will they be any better than the last, or will your reasons be somthing like;

"The Fungi from Pluto told me so."

The only white rock here is the crystellized contents of your skull, sweetie pie.

Umm, because extra equipment needs more power to operate and limits mission time? Because spectroscopic analysis could preform the same function? Because various other instruments could gather the same data, and serve other purposes?

13. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

I have been following this thread with great interest...

Ok. No I haven't.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

To all

Please use when necessary.

15. Northwind Master of Anvils Registered Senior Member

Ok, I nearly peed my pants laughing at that.

16. Xev Registered Senior Member

Q: Thank you. Which reminds me of what Carl Sagan said about conspiricy theorists.

"They laughed at Galileo. They laughed at the Wright brothers. - Yeah - but they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.