Yella, Yella Bush!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by hypewaders, Mar 23, 2003.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

(yella is "hurry/get going" in Arabic)

Governments all around the Middle East are growing extremely nervous for a quick end to this invasion, praying for an end before they lose control of their streets.

Unfortunately, it is likely that the occupation will be just as offensive to Arab dignity as the war, and several present Arab governments may lose control of their populaces even after car and suicide bombs replace the noise of "smart" bombs in the remains of Iraq.

Americans may soon rue the day they intervened ostensibly to give voice to Arab "democracy" and public opinion. Many Arabs will not be embracing America as overlord if they are given the choice. Many may probe and challenge governments they perceive as teetering American lackeys in the days ahead. It is one thing for a country like Jordan to put down isolated demonstrations with lethal force as they have done in the past, and before the internet and satellite TV. But if a pan-Arab movement fuels sufficient audacity and rage, all bets are off.

I'm sure Crown Prince Abdullah, King Abdullah, President Mubarak and others are earnestly thinking and praying "Yella, Bush!!!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

I automatically distrust anyone who daily use the word "infidels". Still, its their right to hate us, just not to do anything violent. They do that we will stop them. Gotta give them the chance.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

So: It is America's exclusive right to do something violent

How can you expect your world view to be popular in the mideast? How would you react if some foreign power imposed such a doctrine on your people, Clockwood?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

What "occupation"? The Allies have stated that as soon as this evil tyrant is deposed, they want the UN to take over, and quick!

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Surely you are joking: What allies? What talking with the UN?

9. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Only those who helped us should get any say about the reconstruction.

10. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

That will make for a very simple dialogue between the US and 3 token "partners". And it will make for a very lonely, expensive, and embattled "reconstruction".

11. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Wed end up paying more than anybody else even if we involved the whole UN.

12. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Even in controlled print media such as that of Saudi Arabia, there is revolution between the lines. I am choosing toned-down and Western-directed examples, so as not to shock some sensitive readers.

13. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

I resent any implication that the UK are merely "token" partners

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Get in the way of the Busheviks, and you'll find out who they are looking out for. I'm sorry for the many casualties you suffer as lapdog- especially the friendly fire and accidents. But by now the UK should finally take note of which shore of the pond they really live on, and start cooperating there, instead of vicariously reliving old dreams of empire. I love Britain- but get a life!

15. Red Devil Born Again Athiest Registered Senior Member

lapdog!!! Be nice

reliving old dreams of empire??? The only empire I dream of is the empire of earth, all equal, living in peace.

16. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

As the mainland europeans conspire a nefarious plot to metaphorically neuter america. France and Germany are the lapdogs of the arab states.

17. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

How does THAT feel, France and Germany?

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

As internal tensions mount in nations bordering Iraq, leaders who have so far been silently balancing on their tightropes are breaking silence. This could be far more significant than the passing interest of the US press would indicate.

"We are one with our people who reject and condemn the invasion" Jordan's King Abdullah

“Syria has chosen to align itself with the fraternal Iraqi people who are facing an illegal and unjustified invasion and against whom are being committed all sorts of crimes against humanity” -Syrian Foreign Ministry

"...we oppose a military invasion of Iraq, because the impending threat of war is much more dangerous than the dictatorship." Iran's President Mohammad Khatami

Saudia's Prince Abdullah remains silent, because it is impossible for him to say anything on the subject without trouble: Saudi leadership is demonstrating the highest ropewalk of all, playing both sides while the pressures and the stakes mount.

The most violent stages of the invasion of Iraq may still be ahead, and the occupation is not likely to be as amicable and cohesive as the Bush cabinet is promising. If the conflict is going to regionalize, other ominous signs might be increasing insurgency, and violent repression in neighbor states. At that point, regional emotions will be near critical mass.

A further threatening wild card in coming weeks is the behaviour of Israel. The Sharon government may miscalculate and think of the Iraq invasion as cover for most any action they wish, easily sold to America as in accordance with the Bush Doctrine of Pre-emption.

I hope that those yanking the reigns of power in Washington don't get so mesmerized by events in Iraq that they ignore ominous regional signs. The tipping point for a cascade of regional instability is unknowable until it happens. Over the brink, nobody knows how much carnage and geoeconomic havoc is waiting.

19. odin Registered Senior Member

they really live on, and start cooperating there, instead of vicariously reliving old dreams of empire. I love Britain- but get a life!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You don't half talk a load of old crap.
    Its you that needs a life,if you had one the only thing passing through your brain would not be Bush.

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

You are right, Odin. America's new paranoia is destroying the industry (aviation) that I love and make my living in. I have way too much time on my hands, and I feel completely justified in blaming the Busheviks, along with dangerous pervasive misperceptions of the world outside on the part of the fortunate ones who are Americans. Unless we wisen up, I think the new century will very unlikely be an "American" one.

21. odin Registered Senior Member

hype

So did Bush cause our aviation industry to crash at the same time?? As it has.

22. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The Busheviks probably did not forsee many of the ongoing ramifications of the national emotions they are irresponsibly playing on. Nevertheless, yes, they are responsible for historic damages to several industries, and a new slide in the economy as a whole. They still aren't done wreaking havoc yet.

23. WasiGermany Banned Banned

it feels like a wild wild hillbilly has the command