YeeeHaw! It's a great time to BuSharon the Arabs some more!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by hypewaders, Apr 15, 2004.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Not content to only piss off the Arab world in Iraq, Bush is now dropping all pretense of being a fair arbiter along the "Roadmap to Peace".

Bush is flirting with setting off a major shitstorm. It's not simple to inspire genuine Arab Unity, and simultaneously bury the "War on Terror" under a Mideast meltdown-

But by George, I think they've done it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Voodoo Child Registered Senior Member

I disagree, it is fair because it will fuck over the Israelis just as much:
    - the w.bank settlements are a massive barrier to any peaceful resolution. Can we say suicide bombers?
    - it is apparent they cost absolutely fuckloads, even though Israel tries to hide it. They are a pain in the ass to protect.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

We are outraged, angry and very ver disappointed with Bush's support for the war criminal, ariel sharon !! I mean Bush went against all UN resolutions and all international laws regarding the illegal jewish settlements in the West bank and Gaza, the status of Jerusalem and the right of return!!!

I remember here what Ariel Sharon said 3 years ago:

''Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”

— Ariel Sharon
    Israeli Prime Minister, Knesset, Tel Aviv, October 3, 2001

Sharon was very ture, he went to America, told Bush what he wants and Bush said YES SIR !! Just make you wonder, who really run America ??

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Axes Registered Senior Member

Lets just say its bad for Israel. In your'e opinion that is GOOD?

Fair means good for both sides, there is too much bias in this forum, anything that is bad for Israel is supposed to be good.

8. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Look, here's the point, without even going into the details of Sharon's shell game, which is intended to be deceiving if you haven't been paying attention:

A respectable arbiter in this dispute does not come out of a brief meeting with one side, consult not at all with the other side, and then issue pronouncements about "final status" points. A great deal of trust in the process must be painstakingly built, and a lot of smaller points successfully negotiated, before the ultimate bargains are endorsed by the "fair" arbiter..

Bush's amatuer hour in the peace negotiations has demolished many years of painstaking work from all 3 sides. His disregard for the very basics of arbitration has obliterated US credibility, and left behind gigantic obstacles for the Dept. of State professionals, and for US Presidents to follow. The damage is so severe from this reckless President, that the USA may never recover a meaningful leadership role in bringing the Israeli and Palestinian sides together.

While Bush II is in office, you will not hear the full force of criticism from professional diplomats, former Presidents, and world leaders- decorum and respect for the office gives the bungler some cover for now. You have to read between the lines of reactions by most world leaders on this for now.

If that is too subtle for you, then wait until this disastrous Presidency is over, and critics can speak against the man and not the office. If that is too subtle for you, try to remember the jist of this and similar conversations when the conflict has escalated, completely fused with the Iraq occupation, and become exponentially more tragic and disruptive.

9. grover Registered Senior Member

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that Bush is literally trying to start Armageddon. Bush is an evangelical christian, they believe that Armageddon is not a bad thing, in fact from their perspective it's a good thing, it has to happen before Christ's return.

10. crazy151drinker Registered Senior Member

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the most powerful men in America are named 'Bush','Dick',and 'Colon'!"- Chris Rock

11. otheadp Banned Banned

what about Sharon destroying 21 Jewish towns and villages in Gaza?
    7500 people will be losing their homes.
    entire infrastructure will be abandoned
    schools, factories, synagogues, houses, restaurants, stores, etc.

PM are you very "outraged, angry and very ver disappointed" over that too?

who is there to talk to in the 'palestinian' authority?
    with the guy who resembles a hairy fish controlling operations we'd have to wait for eternity for things to move.

by the way, i hope you remember that "negotiations" mean that both sides will be losing something. until the 'palestinians' get it, there's no body to talk to. it's been 37 years already...

12. Proud_Muslim Shield of Islam Registered Senior Member

The people who Israel can talk with are either assassinated by your jewish mafia called Israel or in Israeli prisons !

13. Axes Registered Senior Member

"

14. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

What are you arabs complaining? Yo say we took your arm, but we have permission to give you back a few fingers....

This looks more like a roadmap to a managable detention camp than a roadmap to peace, only the problem is, I think it's not fully managable, maybe short term in Israel, it would surpress the possibillites for resistance (i don't want to underestimate this) , but walls around Gazaa don't stop people in surrounding arab countries getting angry with the situation, so what we do build walls around all the arab countries as well?

With the emergence of international terrorism we can no longer contain dust under some confined carpet, but it will find some other way to blow in our faces, perhaps even nuclear dust.
    The hypocrasy of us europeans is that we felt a lot less concerned about bombs exploding in Tel Aviv but feel quiet upset about the bombings in Madrid and what else could be in store for us?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2004
  15. otheadp Banned Banned

no. we gave them our hand, they took a chunk up to the elbow... and now we're giving them the part up to our shoulder.

Bush is trying to make sure they won't eat the collar-bone too

16. otheadp Banned Banned

perhaps even nuclear dust
    does the thought of that make you hard?

17. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

maybe it's the sum of all my fears

18. otheadp Banned Banned

hah
    i just read the Guardian's article from the 1st post...

now THAT's the way to deliver news
    my god, why don't someone just shoot the Guardian out of the sky?

19. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Please explain why the title does not describe the linked article, and specifically where the article is incorrect: By any objective standard, the Bush-Sharon Accord severely impedes a negotiated settlement. But if you think this is not so, and want your views understood, you'll have to do better than just vaguely dismissing the title of the article and the source.

20. otheadp Banned Banned

well first of all, Bush reiterated that US will do all it can to focus on the Road Map and prevent any other initiatives.

2ndly, will you be so kind and point out what has the PA leadership done to follow the Road Map

3rdly, what has the Israeli gov't done.

Bush took a step forward, strengthening the roadmap.

Hamas's not-surprising response was "This proves that only jihad is the answer"

if there would be no guarantees made by Bush, they'd have said "This proves that only jihad works"

big difference, eh?

and Arafat's rejection is no surprise whatsoever
    after all, he has rejected any and all proposals

he hasn't been able to do shit for 37 years except Oslo (which was a pre-planned pause-between-wars which the Israeli Left gambled with, and lost), and he won't do shit until he goes to meet Allah

Bush was giving a boost to the Road Map while the PA incompetent leadership is doing all it can to delay it

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Could you point specifically to passages in the article that you can show to be untrue? Otherwise, we'll just drift away into your opinions and mine again. Specifically where is the article untrue?

For our reference, here is the text of the Roadmap, as presented by the "Quartet".

22. swam Registered Senior Member

no. he is just making sure he and sharon will eat it.

23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

No, he's going to prance around in lederhosen and smack Yasser on the ass until he moans for something less, or preferably dies. A pound of flesh is now the combined legal inheritance of more than one million people, and everything that can grow or flow in their land forever, and if one Outsider comes to pick one olive from his grandfather's farm, or even offer us a branch of it, we will not hesitate to shoot that teenager to kill, because the Muslim threatens Jews, and he should have known better.

-Shalom!