Yay for the USA health care system

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Adam, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Woman's breasts removed in error
    From correspondents in Washington
    January 22, 2003

A 46-year-old woman was told she had advanced breast cancer and had both breasts removed, only to learn doctors had given her another patient's diagnosis, US hospital officials have revealed.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5874364%5E401,00.html

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spacemanspiff czar of things Registered Senior Member

man, didn't they double check before doing something like removing a major body part.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

Hehe, Adam, I like you man, but you sure seem to get wood any time anyone in the states does something incompetent or stupid. Dude, look around you.. it's the whole fucking world man. Everyone has their own agenda and they're promoting it. It's fucking amazing we don't die just walking out the door dude.

Adam, bro... please for once in your damn life (and maybe I only see this side of you, so pardon) look on the fucking bright side! Hehe, at least they didn't plug up her vagina or remove her spine or something. Sorry, I'm kind of a sick bastard.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

Australia's Royal Perth Hospital pays $3.6 million

"Royal Perth Hospital has been ordered to pay $3.6 million in a payout to a woman who suffered a brain haemorrhage.

Adele Sixsmith went to her doctor with an intense headache. Her doctor immediately sent her in an ambulance to RPH for a CT scan. But the hospital didn't do the scan and sent her home after a few hours with some pain killers.

Six days later Adele suffered a brain haemorrhage which detached her retinas and left her severly disabled.

RPH has admitted negligence for the misdiagnosis and agreed to an out of court settlement. Glyn Palmer, chief executive of RPH, says Adele's disability was the result of a tragic error and deeply regrettable."
    http://www.abc.net.au/wa/stories/s725962.htm

Yay for the Australian health care system!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

Actually I post about any country that makes the news. This happened to be on the news website this time when I looked. The fact that you get all defensive about it indicates a denial mechanism regarding your own feelings about the USA.

9. static76 The Man, The Myth, The Legend Registered Senior Member

I'm posting about any country that makes news, just like you Adam.

It's just a coincedence that it happened in Australia....

10. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

I say "plugged up vagina" and this is all you say in response. I'm hurt. I don't say "plugged up vagina" for just anyone Adam. *sigh*

Okay, I'll leave you to your half empty damn glass.

11. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

"Yay for the USA health system"

I think you do more than just post the news when it concerns the US. Hey, that's your right, but at least have the stones to admit it.

12. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

1) Go read through the news website where the story is from. A great many stories are about the USA. I post stories about many things.

2) Back up your words, or you're just pissing in the wind.