Yawning

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by sargentlard, Jul 24, 2005.

1. DarkEyedBeauty Pirate. Registered Senior Member

I'm sure that someone has. There's always some experiment going on that really doesn't profit society, but we fund it. (Felt the need to throw the negative stance out there.)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arkon Shazbot. Registered Senior Member

I can yawn at will. I yawn sometimes in the middle of class to see how many people and can get yawning as well.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ken551212 Registered Member

I agree.I have COPD and ordinarily I can not breathe without pain.Strangely enough,when I inhale as I yawn,I can inhale without pain

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. allisone417 i'll be in my room Registered Senior Member

I had one perfect yawn when I was about 9. I've never had quite a yawn since, and I cried when i couldnt do it again. Now they all seem so shallow and unsatasfying, i'm always left with an urge to yawn again until i just get tired of it.

8. valich Registered Senior Member

Grizzly bears will sometimes yawn when encountering humans. It's not thought to be a sign of aggression, but it's certainly not a sign that they're tired.

9. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

dosent yawning have an effect on people and act like a chainr eaction, i thought about this ages ago, and i experimented, and even if you yawn behind somebodies back without them seeing you, they sometimes will also yawn,

how would you explain chain reaction yawning?, because need for oxygen cant explain chainr eaction yawns, chemical reactions? simular to pheramones?

peace,