Yanks duped by giving $5 million, for a movie on, homeland security endorsed by bush!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Sep 24, 2005.

1. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4278458.stm

Last Updated: Saturday, 24 September 2005, 14:05 GMT 15:05 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    Producer accused of $5m 'TV scam'

President Bush was said to have approved the TV show

A Hollywood producer has been charged after allegedly taking $5.5m (£3.3m) from investors for a TV drama he said was backed by US President George Bush.

The US attorney's office alleges Joseph Medawar, 43, collected money from investors for two years but spent the majority of it on himself.

It said Mr Medawar had falsely claimed the White House had endorsed the proposed series, called DHS.

Mr Medawar had previously produced several B-movies in the 1980s.

He has been charged with mail fraud, relating to documents given to the FBI, and obstruction of justice.

"The US government will not stand for individuals who use the name of the government to commit crimes and steal money from victims," assistant US attorney David Willingham said.

More than 70 investors, including churches, had invested money in the series on the basis that DHS - Department of Homeland Security - had been personally approved by Mr Bush.

Heavily-promoted

Former Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge was also said to have offered his support to the project.

Prosecutors allege the money was spent on cars, houses and expensive dinners for Mr Medawar and his associate, Alison Heruth-Waterbury, who was billed as the star of DHS.

Mr Medawar heavily promoted the series, giving interviews to newspapers and taking out adverts in Hollywood trade papers.

But prosecutors allege they found no information "to indicate (Medawar) actually took steps to produce a television series".

Ms Heruth-Waterbury, who is co-founder of Steeple Entertainment with Mr Medawar, has not been charged in the case. Investigations are ongoing.

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

So it seems all you have to do in America is say hey, george bush has endorsed a new movie, i am making, then churches, and country bumpkins, hand over $5million dollars, for your fantasy project, all you have to mention is bushes name, and homeland security, and there writing there cheques out for it.

Then you get 2 years to live like donald trump, before the churches, and the country bumpkins twig on, such is the power of those magic words GEORGE BUSH AND HOMELAND SECURITY.

Watch out America every con man in the world, is heading your way, me too, i know how to say, GEORGE BUSH AND HOMELAND SECURITY, and for easy 5 million, i am booking my ticket now.

American churches seem to contribute, to some funny causes, or is it just because, that god fearing man, george bush was supposed to have endorsed the movie, What else are they investing in the oil markets.

I wonder if any of our american members invested:
    Baron max= i doubt it
    Cottontop= heavily probably
    skywalker= heavily probably
    neido=i doubt it

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Show me the evidence or I can't rule on the allegations. Anyone can make allegations, but the proof is another story.

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Heh, no way in hell would I endorse a TV show like this. If I invested any money towards something with "Homeland Security" in it, it'd be to dismantle it. Or hey, maybe I would invest in a TV show about Homeland Security only to show how much of a failure and money pit it is so people will want it gotten rid of.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

The US attorney's office, has the proof baron, but only the prosecution, and the defence, have access to the evidence.

"Show me the evidence or I can't rule on the allegations."

In order to rule on the evidence, you have to be the judge, are you presuming the position of judge and executioner, in this case, judge max.

8. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

"Homeland Security" is the biggest con in america, over hyped, and it managed to get george back into power, there are a shit load of ways to enter America illegally, your country borders, canada, mexico, if muslims really wanted to bomb America they could, if they can get to the uk, a island with a tunnel to france, the america is a piece of cake to hit, with all the entrances to america.

America i feel is very vunerable to a nuclear attack because of this, it is very difficult to smuggle a nuclear bomb into the UK, but in americas case it would not be.
    And i am sure when terroists, get there hands on a nuke, america is going to be the 1st victim, and homeland security can do nothing about it, because americas borders are like swiss cheese, there is too many holes in them.

and all this crap about homeland security winning the battle, against terroism, will be shown up for what it is crap.

America has been very lucky so far to avoid attacks, like the ones that hit the UK, my guess is because they are planning something spectacular for america, something alot bigger than bombs on a tube train & 56 dead , my guess when they strike america again, it will be thousands dead again.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And that's all it is, Vincent, guesses and emotional visions. It might mean something to you, but not to anyone with any degree of intelligence. Anyone can "guess", but it's usually considered as nothing but that ...a guess.

Would you suggest that leaders of a nations base their policies and actions on ..."guesses"?

Baron Max

10. Gustav Banned Banned

11. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Baron the Iraq war, was the biggest guess of all time, no planning for after the war or how the locals would react.

Guessing is a majour part of all governments, should we raise the taxes, should we raise interest rates, All governments make guesses, because nobody has a crystal ball, we dont know whats going to happen tommorow, we can only guess.
    Economies are made, and broken on guesses.

Only god does not make guesses.