YAHOO MAIL issue...

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by The Flemster, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

I cant seem to get past the login/password page for my Yahoo account without it going straight back to said page.
    All my other Yahoo accounts are fine, as is the resyt of Yahoo when I'm signed in as my main person.
    I've found a way to read my mail by some bare-bones thing but I just wondered why this might be happening and if it was something I'm doing wrong...?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. EntropyAlwaysWins TANSTAAFL. Registered Senior Member

How long since you last successfully logged in with that account?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

i had a similar problem with my verizon account.
    it refused my login.
    turned out to be my browsers fault.
    somehow my installation of firefox had become corrupted.
    i uninstalled then reinstalled with no help.
    i finally uninstalled then scanned my directory structure on my C drive and removed every directory named "mozilla" and "firefox".
    i reinstalled and had no problems since.

if you are using firefox then try to log in with internet explorer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

He said his all other yahoo accounts are fine. It could be that:
    1. you were previously login to more than one yahoo account at the same time.
    2. and/or, you changed the setting of that yahoo account (say, change password, setting auto-response, etc) while opening other yahoo account (be it mail, messenger, or geocities)
    3. and/or, you changed the setting of the computer date/clock of your computer, let say you change the date into one year older, while your yahoo account is registered after that date
    4. you open just one yahoo account but in many windows, for example, one window is to display email list, other window is to display one particular email, and then you delete that particular email from the list, but the email is actually still opened in another window.

If it is no. 3, just reset the computer date/clock to default setting. If it is any other case, just contact yahoo customer service

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. leopold Valued Senior Member

so was all my other accounts and the forums i visited.
    the sole exception was the login page at verizon.

9. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

About a week now.
    I can get into it via Y! Login but that's a bit shite.

10. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Tried that. Made no difference.

11. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

1-- Only logged in to one account at a time cos Iknow it screws it up otherwise.
    2-- Didn't touch any settings.
    3-- Never touched the time settings on my pc.
    4-- Only ever open Yahoo in 1 tab. Ususally only ever have 3 tabs running: Facebook, Yahoo Mail and a third for general surfing- here, imdb, etc.

Btw, tried contacting Yahoo support. They're fucking useless!

12. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

I'm gonna try a re-install right now...

13. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Good luck for the installation. Btw:

What do you mean by via Y! Login?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You can login to your yahoo mail through some other way? Maybe you could take screenshot of that Y! Login, and then show the screenshot to the yahoo customer service. I hope the re-installation will work it out though.

Also, have you tried to login to your yahoo mail from other computer? And did it work? I had similar problem before, but it works just fine in other computer.

14. The Flemster Unstoppable sex machine Registered Senior Member

Y! Login seems to be some bare bones way of getting to your mail but there's not much you can do with it once you're there.
    The re-install didn't work, btw.

I may just delete the account and start from scratch but I'm worried I'll lose my Yahoo Group which I've put a lot of work into so far. Any ideas how to transfer ownership from one account to another?
    I've asked Yahoo but their customer service is terrible and they still haven't replied to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.