Yahoo and Browsers

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by (Q), Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Someone is trying to send an attachment to an email account of mine. He said the attachments were beng bounced back and requested I get a free Yahoo email account and he will resend - he says it works just fine.

I already had a Yahoo account and activated the email portion today. Unfortunately, when I tried to send an email, it would not work. I could receive emails but not send.

I'm using Firefox as my default browser and decided to give the ole' Microsoft Explorer browser a try, and lo and behold, it worked fine, I could send emails with no problem.

Is there a fix for the Firefox browser or perhaps a tweak in the options section that needs to be done? Or am I doomed to use Explorer?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Firefox, by default, blocks certain types of popups which older IEs do not block.

To test whether this would solve your problem, you can elect to add yahoo.com to the list of your "allowed sites" via tools->options->content tab (at least, that's the path to it in Firefox 1.5).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Hmmm... didn't seem to work. If you use Firefox and have a Yahoo email account, are you able to send?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Yes, I just sent an e-mail with attachment without any problem, using Firefox.

8. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

And as I far as I recollect, my settings are pretty much default.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

And you used a Yahoo email account? Damn.

I'm going to try run AdAware and see what happens, In the past, data miners and other such greeblies did weird things to my laptop.

10. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

You don't have things like cookies disabled (tools->options->privacy)? Neh, that would be unlikely... I suppose sciforums uses cookies too to function properly.

11. mouse can't sing, can't dance Registered Senior Member

Yep.

Always a good idea. Personally, I use "spybot, search & destroy", but I don't know which product is better if truth is to be told.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Well, I discovered a couple of greeblies which I promptly deleted but it didn't help. Perhaps I need to upgrade, my version appears to be 0.8.

I also have used spybot and have found that AdAware finds problems that spybot does not and vice-versa.

13. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i didnt even know there was a firefox 0.8, but firefox 1.5 or opera 8.5 would both be suitable replacements.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

An upgrade to version 1.5 did the trick! Thanks all!

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Same here, I use Yahoo on Firefox as well using the default settings. It worked with the previous version of Firefox as well. Glad you got it workin with an upgrade.

- N

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.