Xandros Operating System

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by lixluke, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Has anybody ever tested Xandros Operating System?

It seems similar to Windows XP.

1. My friend hates Microsoft, and wants me to find him an OS similar to XP, but linux based. Does anybody have any idea what free linux OS I can install for him that is easy to use and stable?
    2. Has anybody ever heard of Debian GNU/Linux? Would Debian OS be a good choice? I went to the Debian website, and cannot seem to find out if Debian even has a Graphic User Interface desktop.
    3. What are the features of Debian? I checked their entire website to see what the features are, and couldn't fine any information. WTF. Does it have a good desktop, office application, etc? Does it support filesharing like Utorrent? Does it have a good media player for various file types: mp3, wmv, avi, mpg, etc? What about CD/DVD burning capabilities?

I'm basically looking for a good Linux OS for office applications (desktop publishing), internet browsing, filesharing, media playback, and DVD/CD burning.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

Xandros is crap
    If you want debian based, try either kubuntu or mepis
    sabayon is also nice, it has a more advanced GUI, but you'll need a good graphics card to run it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

does it run pc software? or do I need some multi-operational software for that as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.