X-wing? Take the test...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by DJSupreme23, Jun 27, 2003.

?

What did you score on the test?

1. Authoritarian

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Centrist

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. Conservative

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Liberal

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. Libertarian

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. guthrie paradox generator Registered Senior Member

But they introduced minimum wage stuff here in the UK and unemployment didnt jump. Plus you have to also weigh the benefits of bringing up the bottom line.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. aghart Registered Senior Member

Not very scientific but it seems i'm an authortarian.

so don't argue with me or I'll have you shot!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

According to your answers, your political philosophy is libertarian.

Your Personal Self-Government Score is 100%.
    Your Economic Self-Government Score is 70%.

I guess that is about right. I wouldn't know, I avoid politics like the plague.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Teg Unknown Citizen Registered Senior Member

DJSupreme23

That is a very spurious argument. The fact of minimum wage causing unemployment is only a fact in the same way that tax cuts create jobs. There is no data to support either of these claims, just a bunch of rhetoric.

In the historic sense there is a ton of evidence to support the reverse argument that a lack of minimum wage causes unemployment. Think about the great depression. Without wage protection agricultural titans hired and fired laborers at whimsy with the specific intent of creating mass unemployment. Why? Because if your job is on the line you will work harder for more. The same thing happens today in the underground garment industry and third world jobs.

The idea that unskilled workers have limited productivity is also dead wrong. Any product you can think of has at least some component created by "unskilled" labor. Unskilled just means a lack of school, a very desirable hiring trait because of the fact that they have a lower pay scale. In actuality the unskiled worker does all the work and receives none of the pay. All management does is hinder longterm productivity. They set quotas for production and fire damaged workers (pregnant, injured, unionized, etc.). These cause a climate of fear and concerted efforts from the laborers to hinder production. The laborers do not feel the profits and thus have no incentive to be productive.