wy did jesus have to be concieved without "sin"

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by raherakthy, Aug 13, 2005.

1. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Lol, I dunno what's more amusing.. imaging an all powerful sky being make a species that can't help sinning and then coming down to kill himself to rectify his own fault, or realising people actually believe that shit as real. C'mon Lori, listen to what you're saying.. It's daft.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Why are any one of the other religions of the world, with rich histories and as much, or more, written documentation, wrong? Why is Christ and Christianity true?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Angelic Being Registered Senior Member

If you read my comments in my string U will 'see'!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

AB Jadon,

Your comments are one of the strongest reasons to reject christianity that I've ever seen. Have a nice day.

8. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

I agree with sl,

What does that say for the greater portion of humankind from ten thousand years ago till present who have never heard of Jesus?

9. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Hmmm...daft...nice word. Usually unique vocabulary turns me on, but...

Anyway, in Genesis, it was presented to "humanity" as a choice. Do you want to know good and evil like God does or not? Apparently we chose to know the difference, and personally I'm glad that we did. I wouldn't want to be a puppet. I wouldn't want to not understand God's law and why it is what it is. I like learning about the difference between, and the consequences of, good and evil...it's the meaning of life. And it brings me closer to God, and it brings understanding and peace.

So it wasn't His "fault", it was His will. That in the "end", whatever that means given eternity, He will end up with a creation that voluntarily wants to live with Him forever, and according to His law, and because of what they know about it, and about Him, through personal experience.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

It's not so much that they are wrong, they're just not complete. I've found, just from an overview of the world's major religions, that they're basically the same. You know, love is good...hate is bad...duh. Well, that is, the basic resulting behaviors of said religions are the same. You know, selflessness and charity is good, stealing and rape are bad...duh. And it seems that in every sect or religion, there are those who abuse it...who are malintentioned in their "use" of it.

11. enton www.truthcaster.com Registered Senior Member

Well Christ Jesus (Jesus the Christ) is of course sinless.

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

It wasn't the same before Jesus came...obviously. Isn't there another thread out there about "why the need for a new testament?" Aren't the differences between the two testaments apparent enough? Jesus' life and death changed everything.

13. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

A) A choice that they wouldn't have been able to understand until they'd actually eaten the fruit

B) Beings that they wouldn't have been able to distinguish between before eating the fruit.. god/devil, it would be meaningless to them.

Until they'd eaten the fruit they had no knowledge of good or evil. This is fully attested to in the bible. So, would they have known god was good? Nope. Would they have known the serpent was evil? Nope.

They both equal the very same thing.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

They knew God, and they knew what He said about the fruit of the tree of knowledge. They wanted the knowledge. Now we have it. I'm glad that I do.

15. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

Well, let's narrow the gap then: 2000 years ago till now.

There are still many tribes and cultures with people who died (in that time period) without ever being preached the Gospel.

Why are they going to hell?

16. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Who said they're going to hell? You? Or your "church"? Who in the hell is anyone to determine whether anyone else is going to hell or not?

17. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you can explain something to me.
    If we do not go to Hell for sinning (please check all my Bible quotes above) then why do we wretched sinners need Jesus to stay out of Hell?
    It makes no sense to me.
    In one breath you say that Jesus is the only way to keep us horrible compulsive sinners out of Hell (since we are all sinners, we all need Jesus to stay out of Hell).
    In the next you are saying that sinning doesn't get you into Hell.
    Sounds like a contradiction to me.

You seem to be saying that God came down here to save us because we were sinning and in his infinite compassion, wanted to offer us a way out of eternal Hellfire.
    So, since we would be going to Hell as sinners, he said, "OK. Come to me. Accept me into your heart and repent, and I will save you from Hell and accept you into my bosom if you are willing to be accepted.

Basically, "You are going to Hell because you sinned, but I am offering you a do-over.
    Do you want it?"

If that's the case, reason dictates that sinners go to Hell, unless they turn to God, and ALL people sin, so ALL people need God.
    Eternal co-dependency.
    I don't understand why anyone would chose to be a member of a religion that constantly tells you that you are a piece of $hit, that does not have the capacity to live without being a selfish sinning bastard.

So, what, then, if not sinning, is the ticket to Hell?

I asked about this earlier...
    Please show the Chapter and Verse that states this.

Well, YOU apparently...
    ...who claims to be speaking for the Bible...

18. enton www.truthcaster.com Registered Senior Member

Is this question ( So, what, then, if not sinning, is the ticket to Hell? ) meant for me? If it is, then I would say, God`s wrath is the ticket to hell.

19. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Actually, it was meant for Lori.
    She claims that (according to the Bible, mind you) sinning is not what condemns you to Hell.
    She also claims, however, that mankind, being the consummate sinners that we are, will go to Hell if we do not accept the path of Jesus (who she claims to be God) into our hearts.
    I think that:
    a.) That sounds like a contradiction in itself.
    b.) The Bible disagrees with her (and I quoted The Bible earlier in this thread to support my assertion).

20. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

The question for you, enton, was in response to this:
    What I said earlier in this thread was that I was not aware that this statement was made in The Bible anywhere, and I would like a Chapter and verse if I am incorrect.
    Where does The Bible say that Jesus was born without sin, or never sinned?
    It may, I am not saying it does not, I would just like to read it for myself, because I don't know where it says that.

21. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

So, does that mean that he was born without sin, or that he was tempted to sin, being man, yet denied it and stayed true?
    Is it a comment on his integrity alone, or integrity and birthright?

Thanks for the quote, by the way.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2005
  22. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

So, are you saying that it is the natural human condition without exception to sin, therfore we are all (being human) condemned to Hell unless we accept the provision, which is to accept the hand of Jesus in repentance?

I agree that it is the natural condition of mankind to sin (according to the Christian definition of "sin") which is why it seems like a stacked deck to me.
    Basically, it is creating a set of rules by which we simply can not abide, by creating the rules in direct opposition of human nature itself.
    If this is true, then why should humans be punished for breaking the rules that they simply MUST, by their own nature (which was created by God) break?

Am I missing something?

23. enton www.truthcaster.com Registered Senior Member

1 Peter 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

source: http://www.addbible.com
    http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/1Pe/1Pe002.html#22