WWIII When and why?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Gravity, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Big ones come along every now and then. Does anybody have any predictions how the next one might start, and how it would go?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

Some very, very old threads!

Unfortunatly there're no decent opponents in the world, so all our lovery tech is wasted on the likes of the middle east etc.

Wars make sky news interesting.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Revolution Registered Senior Member

China and its 1/3rd of the world population with land going bad and a 200 million man strong army starting to run out of food.............?

8. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I've thought the same thing. China and India - we are rewarding companys who outsource to them (that means giving them resources and technology!). They have more people, more natural resources, they are developing fast, they already have nuclear weapons (and Chem and Bio too), they are hungry and motivated.

9. towards Relax...head towards the light Registered Senior Member

"They have more people, more natural resources", Gravity

Not true, and natural resources are going to be probably the largest obstacle that both those nations will have to confront in order to continue to develop their economies. Water is becoming an extreme problem in both China and India, and some agricultural techniques being used are a trade off for the present as opposed to disaster in the future.

10. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Which part isn't true? Just the natural resources part? In a grand a sweeping dismissal - specifics are good. I'm certainly open to the possibility that they have less resources left than we do (*I* don't pretend to know it all, I'm always learning) -- however I've heard it said that they have not mined and drilled as large of a precentage of their resources as we have.

Of course, our Neo-con's speak about wanting to let everybody in the world have the ''American Dream'' -- but if 1 Billion Chinese all want to drive Hummers, shop at Walmart for plastic crap and eat MacDonalds swill . . . then we are in really big trouble, there surely isn't enough resources for that!

11. Preacher_X Registered Senior Member

well i got one but its religiously oriented so i wont bother posting. if you wanna hear it ill make a thread in religion, if not then ill shut up. its got to do with Muslims, Jews, Christians, Israel, Al Aqsa mosque, Trees and alot of other stuff. interseting especailly now in the light of recent events this whacky idea now makes sense :bugeye:

i think a major crisis in the Middle East could spark of a regional war which would then affect the rest of the world who inturn would have to be involed. America was ready to invade in the 73 oil crisis.

the next Arab-Israel war could turn nuclear.

also a popular newspaper in the UK (Guradian i think??) says that in 30 years time there will be a massive food, water, oil crisis which will affect western countreis aswell, and will lead to nuclear war as a result.

then of course we got Judgement Day, the end of humanity if you believe in God

but for those people who dont believe in God, if God wont destory us with Judegement day then humans will destroy themseleves one way or the other. one one push of a button, one hasty move and...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

the assasination of Franz Ferdinand was enough to trigger WW1, in which 20 million died. WW1 was meant to be the "end of all wars" and what happened, 20 (or so) years later WW2, this time even bigger and with 60 million dead. once again a war to end all wars. we've got i think 25 large wars since then.
    alot has changed since WW1/2/ now America and Russia have enough nikes to destroy the world 8 times over, poorer nations are getting nukes, and terrorism is at an all time high etc etc etc.

ICBM's, chemcical weaopns, nuclear terroism... the list goes on and as long as we go on about like we are now thye list will get longer.

12. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Nasty ends could clearly happen because of religion . . . not likely because of any actions by mystical magical gods and demons, but more likely because of the idiots who want to *fight* over mythology. "My God can beat up YOUR God! Naa naa naaa naa naa naaaa!"

13. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

Read the Star Trek encyclopedia. It'll tell ya when World War Three will happen and how many people will die.

Seriously, though? Hmm . . .

I'm pretty sure it will be either a conflict of religion or Bush that'll start the war . . . Vote for Kerry and we may have a chance!

14. Insanely Elite Questions reality. Registered Senior Member

The global war on terror is WWIII.
    The clock is ticking.
    The bell is tolling.
    The fat lady is warming up her voice...

15. Killr Carrot Banned Banned

no it aint. id say soon now when the middle east runs outta oil... then BOOM!! and about fucking time too!!
    then i can unveil the creation of the NEW third reich.. and then everyone shall be happy under the german flag. everyone better learn some german cause it wont be long now... muhahahaahahaha

16. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

Except the new Third Reich will gather under a flag that is red, white and blue. And it will be english they are speaking.

17. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

ha. except this time they'll win. :m:

18. Blue_UK Drifting Mind Valued Senior Member

French, then!

19. Athelwulf Rest in peace Kurt... Registered Senior Member

. . . New Zealand?

Du meinst "Das VIERTE Reich"!

Ich habe das schon getan! Du hast nicht! Muahahahaha!

20. Gravity Deus Ex Machina Registered Senior Member

This thread reminds me of a great sticker I have, I can't find a copy online to post a link to here - but it shows a wall that people have painted big red, white and blue stripes over something - and you can see what they were trying to hide showing through, a swastika. And it says below "Call yourselfs patriots all you want, but your true colors are showing through".

Any research on the Bush family fortunes history shows this as not being a whacko idea.

21. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

i think a terrorist is gonna walk through the desert, trip over one of russia's lost nukes, FedEx it to moscow and trigger full-scale nuclear war. Yes, this is kinda from Sum of All Fears, but it makes sence, why couldn't slick-as-snot terrorists provoke the bigger powers to turn each other into radioactive waste? And while on the subject of manipulation, what about massive computer hack strikes designed to demolish global economies? That could make alot of powers very very cranky, possibly at each other

22. s t e p h Registered Senior Member

terrorism is now profitble in the stock exchange.

i can remeber watching a documentray about some computer geek who from his local library hacked into NASA, the CIA, FBI and even the defense ministarys files. a cyber terrorist attack on water, electricity, or something related can cause huge effects, with the people responsible never being found.

23. Raven Registered Senior Member

I am not certain when a WW3 will occur, if ever though it probably will sinse most humans refuse to grow up, be civil and use their brains. However, I think that it will begin with China. There is an ancient Native American prophecy that says this. It was pretty acurate about the Nazis and space travel. Will it happen, I hope not but is Bush remains president he'll probably pick enough fights to cause ww3.