Wtf!

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by laladopi, Jan 3, 2009.

1. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

IF THERE IS SUCH A PROBLEM WITH ME, HAVE ME BANNED.
    I do not understand why my name is getting slandered for my inability to write perfect english. All most people do on this forum is bash other people to make themselves feel more empowered. There are only few that I can actually see through my "virtual" flaws. This is ridiculous a troll, that's going to make me cry? or think that my life is a waste? pathetic.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

Make your life plenty and live plenty as you make of it, make your life scarce and live broken hearted and deprived.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tnerb Banned Banned

No problem with you, as of a few months Sci time you have already started a few well debated threads and also debated and kept up with them, if anything you are a good example of sciforums members. You post well and inquire a lot.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

I haven't seen you say/do anything that would deserve such treatment. Just consider the source(s) and move right along.

8. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hay, I have no problem with you, so who is threatening to ban you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

It's fun and it's easy

It's fun and it's easy. That's all. Just remember that it's easier for some people to whine about rubbish and rot than be constructive. And it's certainly easier for some than delving into philosophical abstraction.

You're doing fine.

10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Ignore these dicks. Someone who bothers to try and post constructive stuff, and actually think, is worth any number of weak minded idiots who do nothing but put people down.

11. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

12. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Tell 'em to go fuck themselves, and to concentrate on complaining about the mod that can't even friggin' spell if they want something to fart on about !!!

I'm still trying to figure out where I can get some of this "Achole" shit he keeps talkin' about drinkin' !

:mufc:

13. LadyMidnight Catherine J. Registered Senior Member

Where is this happening?

Sometimes, people who are unhappy, insecure, and socially-disabled use the internet to spread their misery and enhance their self-esteem. That's most likely the problem with anyone who is jeering you on an internet forum. Don't give them the satisfaction of upsetting you.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Insert Title Here)

Quite frankly, I think that since it is so wrong to be offended when people's inability to read, think, or learn compels them to say ugly, stupid things, it is even more so when someone's spelling results in something akin to a train wreck.

I've encountered more than a few over the years who have made undignified spectacles of themselves throwing tantrums both idiotic and offensive because they lacked reading comprehension, basic logical skills, or simple knowledge. Indeed, someone might believe that 2+2=5, and that is no reason to denigrate them. However, when they refuse to accept that 2+25, and prefer to denigrate anyone who believes differently than they do, well, I've been told by one of my fellow moderators that trying to explain the point to such a person is perhaps the worst insult ever seen that did not use profanity.

So as far as I'm concerned, people can lighten the fuck up about spelling. The only time it comes up for me is similar to syntactical issues: sometimes a person is perceived or read wrongly. Hell, I properly assigned a verb to a subject the other day, but that wasn't what the author meant. As a result, I sat through an unwanted data transfer. Lesson learned: Do not expect syntactical propriety in written instructions. Rather, slow down and calculate the intuitive meaning.

However, this sort of ambiguity is that people have different regards toward what is intuitive. And sometimes, the difference of a single word—or, indeed, a single letter—can completely alter the meaning of a sentence. This can be a challenge, although I generally don't have that problem with the moderator you noted. It is more difficult when people start using words and turns of phrase incorrectly.

Still, though, except in the most extreme of cases, which we rarely, if ever, actually see around here, people who take time out to throw fits about spelling, vocabulary, and syntax are aiming to score some sort of abstract point in their private notion of competition. To consider our thread starter, for instance, the issue arose when someone decided to simply lob a brick at her; the comment had nothing to do with the topic, and simply expressed the commenter's disdain regarding the other's manner of expression.

And, as to that, all things told, I try not to be surprised anymore when people demand linear and exacting expressions. It often seems as if abstraction and the art of thinking and expression are held in contempt. It may not be surprising, anymore, but it's still tragic.

15. Tnerb Banned Banned

Very true Tiassa.

Very very true... There is a lot to the way that someone words something, goes about something you've described this very "very" well. I prefer to use the word kicked to the teeth, I didn't see the actual part of the thread where that happend although I noted a quick skim of lala's post and a few of the other ones- As quick as that I could note that lala was deeply insulted and was similar to cyperiums spasm with the philosophy section a few days due to a girl.

I was upset. Actually, it was time to do the same thing you've done with the brillant post above. I guess once again and as I've stated over and over again an obese ammount of times, it is about sciforums quality as a forum.

I could go on. It is n't right for someone to leave this forum due to someones posting their reason for an innocent opening post. And it is just as wrong to degrade someone based on their... posting to sciforums (IMO).

16. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

It's not upsetting. It's just really annoying and pathetic.

17. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

It's not a matter of someone telling me that I should be banned.
    It's a matter of stop complaining about me and have something done about it instead of cackling with others about me being a troll. grown up.

18. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

wutz da bg dael iF da spel iz rung!

19. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Hell's Bells !

It's certainly no Earth-shattering tragedy when somebody uses their for there, or your for you're. It's a degenerate age. These things happen.

Señor Achole, though - that guy's speaking in tongues sometimes... or writing in 'em, anyway.

Dat shee-ut ain't right.

Puddle Puppy no like !

Him commence t' yappin'

Damn t'ing Buuuuurrrrn !

Ja !

Ja !!

Its'a be like a beeg, beeg Faaaaaa-Ya !!!!

20. laladopi time for change. Registered Senior Member

Your funny killjoy.

a meen like sheet ma spellenz aint right butt ya still gitt wuh i'm sayn shit.
    I prefer to write like this. It looks way more pretty.
    I do not intentionally try to ruin my native tongue.

21. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Notes on Señor Achole

Perhaps. But have you ever tried to find an underlying pattern? It's not perfectly consistent, but there is one there. The gentleman's spelling may be amiss, but not to any comparable degree as some people's savaging of logic, comprehension, or knowledge.

An analogy in life: Nobody speaks perfectly (read a transcript of pundits discussing an issue on cable news for an excellent example; in the written form, they're sometimes nearly incomprehensible), and not everyone in my life speaks clearly, concisely, or according to whatever other criteria we might devise in order to make a moral issue out of what we perceive to be their intellect. However, there are many reasonably well-educated, well-spoken people I simply don't like to be around because their ideas and expressions are ethically inconsistent or morally repugnant. I would rather involve or surround myself with well-intended, honest people even if they can't always say what they're trying to say. I would rather invest the resources of mind and friendship getting to the heart of that than pretending hatred and disingenuous scheming are praiseworthy. Maybe I'm unusual in that, but I'm hardly unique.

Likewise, I'd rather pick through the written carnage and seek ideological gems than pretend a half-wit bigot is smart because he spelled 96% of his two-syllable words correctly. "Señor Achole" might spell his words poorly, but he's got a decent head on his shoulders and an admirable conscience. And if he misfires occasionally because he can be a bit dramatic, I don't see how that denigrates him specifically. Most people do that.

22. draqon Banned Banned

you can at least try to spell words correctly, it is not funny anymore you know.

23. gluon Banned Banned

Those who cannot speak english correctly, means that their ability in this world is not slandered by themselves, but the world slanders them.

If they result in anger over what they don't understand, then they may find themselves on the same line of misunderstanding as they found you,

But if their ability is impuned by their correction of how they see you, is meddled with their happiness of what they require,

then their requirements is nothing but despair and loneliness of the words you speak, so has the real power now?