WTF has Obama done so far?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Nov 4, 2010.

1. Facial Valued Senior Member

I'm beginning to wonder whether this two-party system works. Maybe we need to inject some new parties into power, the Libs or Greens?

There is some difference between Republicans and conservatism in general - that's why in New York, they have the Conservative Party.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No. Not abandoned. "Convenience" not involved.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Can't be done, with our present voting and government system 2 and 1 parties are the only stable mathematical possibilities. Aside for government systems which allow for multiple party coalitioning without merger, we need to replace our antiquated plurality voting system with a preference based voting system to make 3rd parties viable.

8. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

:wallbang:

None of you really understand or care to understand what is going on I think. Does anyone really care to look at the media? In days past, a hundred years ago, many different people, competed to bring you a wide variety of perspectives. Now? It's all owned by the same very few people that buy your candidates. Do you understand who is feeding you your information? Do you care? Have you followed the massive media consolidation that has happened since the late eighties making it ever more simple to program and brainwash the masses?

Have you ever looked at the institutions where you were educated as children, and the powerful interests behind setting them up and why? What about the necessity of compulsory STATE sponsored education? It happens while your minds are young, and it has to do with how you are taught to think and react to authority. Why doesn't anyone question their assumptions anymore? We assume that modern democracy, in a system so flush with cash even works. . . why? Because we have been taught since we were children that it does, and there is no question about it that it does, of course, right? Why look into it then?

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results? If the conservatives win, do liberals expect things to get better? No, of course not. If liberals win, do conservatives expect things to get better? No, of course not. Is either side truly ever happy with the situation? I wonder. Do things ever get better for anyone, ever? Sure, the ruling elites that are in charge, gaming the system. . . c'mon folks, you call me crazy, a conspiracy nut, w/e. But hell, look at it logically, follow the money. Turn over your one dollar bill, look at the top of the pyramid. Who runs the Fed. Which families have always run the money system and who does the system always work for, no matter WHO is in office?

Let me answer that one for you. It isn't the lower classes. If they were educated, even the tinsyist bit, maybe they would vote. That WOULD be a threat to the folks who really control the system, but they are too busy with national sports, video games, fast food, American Idol, shopping, etc. etc. It isn't the middle classes, they are taught to hate the lower classes, all because they are given paltry, and I do mean scant bread crumbs, compared to the corporate welfare and military spending fat cats in Washington waste. And it isn't even the filthy stinkin' rich who support the ones who do actually benefit when the conservatives are in office, so they do their best to brainwash and propagandize the lower and middle classes to vote conservative with divisive and non-sense issues, which in the end, fiscally, these parties are against their own interests, so these classes can become if more stinkin' rich. So who does benefit no matter who is in office? :shrug: How about the ruling elites?

They make up less than 1% of 1% of the population. In fact, you can name the families off on your fingers and toes. And they own you. You waste your time arguing like little children about partisan politics while they gather in private smoke filled rooms telling the pols what to do, it's a big joke, it really is.

I for one have found after studying history, that most presidential administrations don't have a whole lot of power to affect change, and if they try? They are summarily done away with by the real powers in charge. Look what happened to Kennedy. Look how they did in Carter. When Reagan thought he was going to make real changes. . . they sent him a real message, didn't they? These powers behind the scenes invariably have the different administrations break their promises, and the laws. . . all of them do it. If you are so starry eyed as to believe otherwise, you are deluded.
    This is a short clip of an Obama campaign speech and Mr. Obama's "hopes"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjtUYQNzTFM&feature=player_embedded
    Do you think he was lying then? I don't necessarily. But when he and Hillary dodged the press after getting the nomination to meet up with the Bilderberg group to cut some deals. . . I do believe that he made some hefty compromises. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIPik872K64
    It's how the game works. . . the folks with the money are in control, not these pols. Dems, Repub. Who cares. In the end, they're all owned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Yeah the internet feeds me information as I stopped watching traditional media years ago, and piety those that still watch that drivel.

As for changing the fourth estate I'm all for it, but like changing our voting system, it will never happen. Our journalist industry is ruined and mutilated beyond recognition.

Please I question the vary nature of reality regularly, certianly I would be nice if school taught critical reasoning and metaphysics in K-12 but that is not going to happen, the USA has been dumbed down to an idiocracy, nothing can be done about it.

So wait if I flipped a coin and expect to get the same results every time I would be sane?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010