WTC & preemptive war: Who was right?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by TheAZCowBoy, Apr 7, 2003.

1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

"...read this carefully, Hype. You won't like it, that I can guarantee"
    It did not make me uncomfortable in the least. It does not make me conflicted with my present position. American policy has not relieved the suffering of Iraqis. Potentials for war of occupation, civil war and regional war cast doubts on whether in the end American policy will alleviate their suffering- but I cannot claim this with certainty.

What I can say with conviction is that there are clearly better ways to address the problems that the present administration is claiming to be resolving "according to plan". Examining difficult situations and seeking effective solutions is no exercise in futility, desperation, or depression.

There are some who just piss and moan without putting in the effort to gain understanding. I and many others piss, moan, listen, and think out loud about overcoming negative trends the US and the world are now presented with. Contentment with the big geopolitical picture right now is just as unrealistic as is despair. These are fateful, tragic, sobering, saddening, times with undreamed-of potential for bounty, progress, joy, and peace. Take either end of the last sentence alone, and you have an incomplete and even silly description of the total yin and yang of reality. I may be lost to headquarters, but I can still find a place near Center.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.