WoW,Travian,Imperion, what else is there?

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by NMSquirrel, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

burnt out on World of Warcraft,
    played Imperion (space project)
    heard of travian through Imperion have no interest in it..

What other Mulitiplayer games are out there that don't cost anything?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Existence is pretty fun. A lot of people get turned off by it when they first try it because it's so complicated compared to most games out now. The programmers allow the player to do anything they could think of in the game. The environments and player characters are are fully modifiable. Also, to top it all off it has surround sound and an infinite framerate - not to mention the graphics are killer. Oh and it's free.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. jmpet Valued Senior Member

I play Warcraft III. It's like a chess game X100 and it's free.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Link?

9. Sarkus Hippomonstrosesquippedalo phobe Valued Senior Member

D&D Online is now free-to-play.
    As a free player you only get to do certain quests, decreasing in number the higher the level you get to. You can then buy tokens (monthly or as a one-off) to unlock other things within the game, like some classes, quests etc.

But as a free game it's not bad for a while.

10. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

11. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

12. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

13. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

I play Warcraft on Chinese servers so it's free (and still in English). You can too, just find a Chinese person to guide you. There is a custom map called Dota that I have been having fun with. I second the giant-chess-game analogy. The isomorphism is the balancing and attaining an edge over your opponent to win. However tactics are less dependent on logic traps, and more dependent on build strategies and speed. This is the only draw-down for me.

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

15. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

I figured nobody would take it seriously but I wasn't sure

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I'm looking for a new online game too. I've been playing Vanguard for a couple of years, but the game is dieing and people are leaving in droves.

I'm not even sure if I can play single player games anymore. After just a few hours, I grow bored, and lose interest.

17. Search & Destroy Take one bite at a time Moderator

you could always do up armorgames.com

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

That's why I hate MMO's in a sense. They killed any passion I had for console gaming. Like everyone else I'm salivating for http://www.swtor.com/!

19. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

that looks like it could be a good one..also i am waiting for Star Trek Online (which you just reminded me of..)
    apperantly they are still having probs with development as i can't find the actual game..

20. stateofmind seeker of lies Valued Senior Member

Diablo 3 looks pretty darn good. I don't plan on getting it though because frankly I would trust myself more trying a hit of meth.

21. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

maybe star trek online IS active..here..but its 50 bucks for the game in stores

22. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

ok..played Star Trek Online..got up to Rear Admiral 5..there was nothing left to do but PvP,dailies, and bugged instances..(dont ask about the invulnerable Sulu's)..other than that it was pretty fun to get to RA5..there are space missions and ground missions,crafting,PvP (better be klingon if you want PvP for space)lots of borg to resist..

you gotta by the game in a store,(about $50)then you sign up for a monthly,trimonthly,or lifetime($300)..

then i found Stargate Resistance, downloaded the game for $20 got it installed then found out it was PvP only, no missions, they just drop you in a scenario with no instructions, i think it was designed for game systems and not computer, you get a book with the game CD usually,

i suppose if i had the opportunity to practice first it would be more fun..but i do not like getting jacked everytime i login..not fun..no opportunity to get better (can't practice when your respawning all the time.)..

still waiting on stargate worlds and star wars the old repuplic..

23. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

I let my Vanguard subscription run out, and so now I'm trying DDO. Several former guildies play and formed a guild..so it's nice to know at least a few people. Still trying to get used to the D&D rules...I used to play the tabletop version, back when you carried you dice around in a purple Crown Royal bag, but it's been a couple of decades since then, and have pretty much forgotten the rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.