Wow! The US is Becoming a Democratic Country!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TruthSeeker, Nov 5, 2008.

1. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I never thought I would see the day.....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm going to wait till all the votes are counted. How the hell do they know when the votes have not yet come in!!!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

<drives dagger into the chest of hope> The news media has decided for us already. Even Fox. Want me to stop and pick you up on the way to canada, Sam?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I don't understand this system at all. How can McCain concede? The votes are still coming in.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Gee, Sam, has this all been an act? Were you actually rooting for McCain after all? You seem more upset over this than me. (and I'm pretty upset)

9. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

SAM, should be obvious. If you get more then 50% of the votes you win - it's a majority!

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

SAM put it this way, if you have a seat and you have only 100 voters in that seat. You they have counted 50 of them and you have 49 they can quite easerly PREDICT that its unlikly that all 50 would have gone to the other guy

there for they would give predict a win for you

Now it doesnt matter if you concide or claim victory to early or even what the media says because its the electrol office count which matters but its a REASONABLE guess.

there were very few seats (only one i can think of) where they predicted a win to the wrong candiate in the last commonwealth election here and its possable they just said that one was to close to call

11. superstring01 Moderator

Here's why:
    • California, Washington, Oregon and Hawaii WILL go Democrat. They always do.
    • The nature of the electronic counting system allows them to sample a highly accurate cross-section of the electorate of a state to determine it's inevitable sway.
    ~String

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The popular vote vs electoral vote is confusing. It seems weird to concede on a prediction, thats all, considering how close its been.

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

S.A.M.

im assuming that your system is the same as ours where the PM is the won who wins the most seats in the house of reps

If thats correct just think of it like a whole heep of house of reps seats and whoever wins them all wins goverment

Its not correct but its how i manage to wrap my head around it anyway

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Well who the President will be, may make a difference for Americans. But I haven't seen anything from Obama that says it will make a difference for the world. Sometimes, being from a minority means you have to do much more to prove yourself than a majority candidate. Now what that means with Obama in the seat remains to be seen. Ultimately, he's just another politician.

So, for me, as yet, it makes no difference. Obama will be better for the US though. Americans don't realise it, but they have just made unbelievable all records global history. Its THE golden day in the USA. They have elected a coloured President, with a Muslim father and a Jewish grandmother. No one else can beat that.

15. Mr. Hamtastic whackawhackado! Registered Senior Member

Germany made global history with Hitler, too.

16. distantcube Registered Member

Yes. Obama says he's for change, but I think he's just trying to capitalise on the concept of change in order to win voters.

17. John99 Banned Banned

Can barely contain your disappointment.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

True, but tonight Americans have vindicated themselves in the eyes of the world. It means nothing to Americans I know, but its a special position.

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Exit polls my dear, they never lie!

20. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Who would have thought!! Now the though work begins. He needs to reform government. And let's hope he gets a 60 seat majority in the Senate. He needs to get lobbyists out of government. Let's see if he can deliver.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, he's a problem smoother rather than a problem solver. It will take more than his input alone to stitch the country back together. He's lucky that the Congress is on his side.

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i have to agree, no matter what he actually does the US has increased its stake. Firstly you have shown that your growing up and the racisium is part of the past for most of the country. Secondly concidering the influance internal US policy is having at the moment the fact that there is such a wide spread surport across the world for obama is a good thing. Well its been predicted that it may make australia's life a little tougher because Rudd will have to fight for contact but over all its a good thing

This isnt even to mention his policies which could be really benifical if put into practice

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Sam this is not official yet. It will not be official until the Electoral College convenes in early December. Once the members of the college cast their ballots, it will be offical. When we vote for president, we do not actually vote for the president. We elect members of the Electoral College who are pledged to vote for a specific candidate in the Electorial College.

At this stage of the game statisticians are analyzing the data and making projections of a winner based on the numbers and patterns they are seeing. All of the votes should be counted and final with in the next few days.