Would you work in the freedom tower?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by alexb123, Dec 20, 2006.

1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Surely it would still be a major terrorist target? After watching the last lot of workers jumping I couldn't work there.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Not until it's renamed back to French Tower.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

And Manhattan is renamed Nieuw Amsterdam.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

heh...wij bent trots. NOOIT DE FRANS-RIJK!
    VIVE AMERICA!!!

8. Hurricane Angel I am the Metatron Registered Senior Member

You'd probably get huge benefits and money. I'd work there, but keep a parachute under my desk.

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

The commute from the UK without Concorde would be just too long.

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

you are asking whether i would work in a city office... in america... in a building which has already been destroyed once by corporate consiprators?

no way.

11. draqon Banned Banned

we need AI rocket system atop the freedom towers...that way when an object approaches too close like 1 mile in air...the rocket initiates automatically and destroys the target.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What if a seagull flies too close?

13. draqon Banned Banned

than colorful red firework display...to remember people of freedom.

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Big warning signs saying "ABSOLUTELY NO SEAGULLS!!" should take care of that eventuality.

15. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

No, because it is an ugly building and all New Yorkers (including yours truly) loathes it.

The Freedom Tower is also the most absurdly named tower in the history of mankind.

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

No, keep the name, maybe they could use it as a prison.

17. zanket Human Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't work there. It will be the holy grail of targets for all those the US has harmed, and the number of people who would die trying is probably now in the thousands thanks to Bush & cronies. There are plenty of ways to cause damage to the building & occupants without destroying it. I would visit the building's observation deck. I wish they had kept the original design, but I still think it looks far better than the twin towers did.

18. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I'm a consultant and I don't get to be too picky about the gigs I take if I want to put food on the table. If I were offered an engagement in the Freedom Tower I'd probably have to take it. It would make me uneasy. But I rode a motorcycle every day for 25 years so I understand the concept of risk analysis and management. Even if I spent one third of every day in the Giant Finger To Osama, I would still be far more likely to die in a road accident or a fall at home.

And even though many people who know me think my politics come close to classifying me as "anti-American," even I felt some faint stirrings of irrational patriotism after 9/11. I'd probably get a kick out of being a participant in the GFtO.

We simply have to rebuild it and there is no shortage of Americans who feel that we simply have to occupy it. So if you don't want to work there don't worry.

19. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

The "Freedom Tower" is a cop out. I'd gladly work on the top floor of a rebuilt World trade center.

20. te jen Registered Senior Member

I'd learn how to skydive and then keep a freshly packed chute under my desk.

21. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

MadAnthonyWayne:

-Precisely-.

22. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

To me you might as well call the viewing tower the Bin Laden Balcony.

23. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I'd go no further than a desk by the entrance. When it comes to the crunch, guess which of us is getting out first?