would you want to live to 100?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by lucifers angel, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

It's Lucifer Angel's thread, so can we keep polluting? Because I wanted to say that nano assembler is pseudo-science.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

DNA has yet to make me a cheese sandwich

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Things in the same realm as DNA are obviously possible, but not something that can custom make molecules in anyway wanted, like a cheese sandwich from scratch. These people think nano technology will allow us to arrange atoms like legos.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

in time it will.

8. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Why? Exhumed says it's impossible. Normal chemical behavior > our desire.

9. draqon Banned Banned

well I say it's possible. our desires constantly change. We wanted to fly, we can fly now. We wanted to have food all the time, now we do if we want to. We wanted stars and space, well here it is the moon is now a place for alien flags and debris of last century.

10. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

We wanted time travel, and now we have no time travel...except forward...

11. draqon Banned Banned

don't be so hasty... in time we will or in time we will realize that we don't need such.

12. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Well yeah, but it was kind of dedicated to Inzomnia..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  13. Xx Dukes xX Registered Member

I would not want to live 100+. My body would fail and life wouldn't be worth living. I think after 70 you have gotten the most out of life and the rest is just sitting around playing cards or baking cakes all day. You could say " It's Suicidal not too" but I think you're emo for wanting to feel nothing but pain for the rest of your life. Eh?

14. draqon Banned Banned

what you define as "pain" for others is time to live.

Emo is this crap->

Reality thou is different

15. Xx Dukes xX Registered Member

lol @ the pic, I guess you're right, and who knows your body might work perfectly fine, and you can become the person you wanted to be.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Yeah, I'm wondering why everyone is so convinced they will have fallen apart. Its decades away for most of us. Plenty of time to get healthy or at least have medical science help us along to a better body.

17. Xx Dukes xX Registered Member

I'm 14 so for me by the time i'm 100 I will be a robot before I die

18. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Never mind, I'm confusing two threads..

Me -> :crazy:+

and :sleep:

I'm off to bed..

19. sandy Banned Banned

I want to live as long as I'm supposed to live. As long as I'm destined to live. I will do my part to stay healthy. I know people in their 90s who are in great shape--very few problems. One was my friend's great-grandmother. She lived to 107, was sharper mentally than people half her age, drove very well until 95 (!!) and had a great life of travelling and evangelizing wherever she went.

My only concern would be my teeth. Since they're perfect now, maybe I would have to have implants when I'm old and they start to go. Or veneers.

I have no fear of body issues. Spiritual health is more important to me than any of the others.

20. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Until I lose my will to live, for example I am living in a nursing home when I am 95, I have alzheimers. I would have no will to live and so my life is essentially over. Also when I know I have accomplished what I wanted to in my life.

21. sandy Banned Banned

22. Kadark Banned Banned

I would only wish to live to 100 or more if I had my health and alertness. Without a healthy body and a responsive mind, the quality of life plummets. I work around very old patients at the hospital on weekends (usually with Alzheimer's and other neurodegenerative diseases), and it really makes me appreciate what I have now. If my life is to come down to sleeping in a hospital all day without any knowledge of the world around me, I would much rather pass away at a younger age.

23. flameofanor5 Not a cosmic killjoy Registered Senior Member

I think I'd go crazy if I lived that old...