Would You Vote for BUSH?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DoctorNO, May 18, 2004.

?

Would you vote for Bush?

1. YES, because he's the right man for the job.

10.0%
  2. YES, because there is no better candidate.

8.8%
  3. NO

71.3%
  4. I'm not voting anybody.

10.0%
  1. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Lets see Bush's chances of winning in SciForums.

Why would you or would you not vote for Bush?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Arditezza Banned Banned

I would vote for Bush, because there is no better cadidate.

I believe that the Republican agenda works and is in the best interest of this country. There are very few of the Republican ideas that I don't agree with. (I am pro-choice, pro-stem cell, and pro-gay marriage/rights to name a few I don't agree with) I think that the Bush Administration has made some mistakes, but that overall the decisions made by the Republican members of senate, congress and the supreme court have been solid. We are better off in many ways with the Republicans in power than with the Democrats in power.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

If I could, I would steal his election; what goes around comes around doesn't it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. eddymrsci Beware of the dark side Registered Senior Member

I am a Canadian here, so I can't really vote for either. However, if I had the right to vote in this election, I would most definitely not vote for Bush. This whole attack on terrorism and weapons of mass destruction in Iraq is an absolute mess. Why did Bush start a war on Iraq in the first place? he thought there are a bunch of weapons that could threaten the national security, and went there alone over the U.N.'s objection. But did they ever find any "weapons of mass destruction" as of yet? (seriously I want to know, I heard they never have)
    so Go Kerry... and Paul Martin

8. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

DoctorNO, why did you have varying reasons to vote for But just a flat NO for not voting for Bush? You could have put "No, I really like Kerri" "No, I will support whoever can beat Bush" "No, I really like Nader" "No, I really like Kuscinich" Do the poll options perhaps reveal a bias? Perhaps you think there are a few different reasons one might vote for Bush, but devote no thought to reasons somone might not?

9. John_angry Banned Banned

Bush is too fucking interested in Iraq!!!!

10. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

Yes, I think people have noticed that before and stated it a little more eloquently and with fewer exclamation points.

11. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

I vote no because the preemtive unilateral Bush policy toward other religions/nations, kills American soldiers dead.

All for a lie and oil profits for Cheaney/Bush team...and that's nothing to die for.

12. Fukushi -meta consciousness- Registered Senior Member

And don't forget to go see the next Michael Moore movie!

The movie got a fifteen minutes standing ovation at Cannes filmfestival!

'Farenheit 911'

13. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

I don't like anyone who's running, therefore I will not vote.

Its a moral obligation to only vote for people who you feel will do a good job in the position, and I don't really think Kerry, Bush, or any of the other clowns running would be up to my standards.

sooo...maybe I'll write someone in I suppose...

14. DoctorNO Ultra Electro Agnostic Registered Senior Member

Sorry but I live in Canada & the only candidates I know are Bush & Kerry. Honestly I really dont care whether or not Bush wins. I have no love nor hatred for him. I dont care about Iraq but I do like america.

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Let us look at Kerry for just a moment. He voted for the war in Iraq to begin with now he is voting against it ,or so he says. Is that a good way to be a good leader by changing your mind when the situation needs to be helped not done away with?

Kerry wants to increase taxes, which he has voted on many times, do you all want higher taxes?

Kerry wants to help everyone but doesn't say how he can do this, do you want to be lied to more than Bush is already doing?

I do not see many things that different about Kerry that would let me think he was a better candidate only a different one.

Choose the lesser of two evils because they both will do what they want with whom they want. Kery will give out his handouts to his people that vote and help elect him just as Bush does with his people.

16. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

i dont mind paying taxes. taxes are what bring forth many of the luxuries we enjoy in this country that are often taken for granted. bush in bankrupted government and civil services by his fiscal irresponsibility.

and kerry voted for the war assuming things wouldnt be handled with such a cavalier attitude as bush's/ you cant blame him for voting for the war when information was manipulated and now being against it because that manipulation has come to light.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

So then because Kerry didn't research the reasons for the war we need to put him into the presidency, that does not make any sense to me at all. If we are going to be putting a man into the white house then he should be able to research the most important things himself and not ne led to believe things that are not true. I don't want someone who can be "conned" into believing anything, that shows me he is easily manipulated.

Bush has stuck to what he said and won't let the peoples of Iraq down in the future BUT Kerry will pull out the troops and let whatever happen , happen. I do not think that would be a way to solve the Iraq situation but the way Bush is going , to me, is the best way that we have. Troubles will happen and they will be resolved but don't let the Iraqi people down by leaving them alone.

18. c20H25N3o Shiny Heart of a Shiny Child Registered Senior Member

I wont vote because I'm in the UK but my British perspective on Bush is that he is not really looking at local American issues.
    We have the same problem with Blair. They all too interested in the glory of the big stuff to concentrate on local politics.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

America was "attacked" by a foriegn nation and is at war with those that were behind the attack. Those terrorists that were sent into America were and are being sent into many other countries to attack them also. Those who fail to see this are blind and want only isolationism to hide their heads in the sand and not seeing the truth as to what terrorists are really up to.

20. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Well, Kerry didnt have the "research" tools like Bush had, Cosmic.

This is stupid-Bush, Cheaney and a very vocal (and hated by the hard Right) Colin Powell has said over and over that Iraq posed no threat at the time.
    At least go to googlenews.com and read Powells statements to the press.

It's like you have a filter blocking anything that bucks the standard Bush zombie speech-talk.
    When Bush talks to a neo conservative group at $2000 a plate he sounds like he is in bizarro world. "stay the course everythings going great freedom axis of evil liberations for all"
    I don't think he could handle a one on one public debate with Kerry.
    And I know for a fucking fact that Nader would bust his chops hard and make him look like the FOOL he is.

Btw, I don't mind paying taxes..I'm so glad that I can work and pay those taxes many people can't.....who else will pave the fucking roads?

21. Cazov I eat plastic Registered Senior Member

The only nation we're at war with right now is Iraq...and Iraq hasn't attacked us since we last smacked them down (well, they shot down a predator drone, but meh). If you're talking about terrorism...yea, it's a real good idea to declare war against an idea...

Hmm...can't argue with you there, though I do believe there is more than one terrorist group, and I doubt they all work together and conspire to "destroy the West" or whatever...

I think its more of a matter of "why did the terrorists attack us?". The answer is simple; they snapped. This is just a giant response akin to something like Columbine. We poked the "weak" one too many times with the sharp stick and they snapped. I'm not justifying their behavior, but it is understandable based on the things the US and other countries have done...

That being said, isolationism isn't the way to go right now, but neither is total annihilation of everyone who doesn't agree with Bush et al. Instead, what would be best for the US in the long run is to stop being such an asshat in international affairs, if we're going to prop up rebels, we should damn well stick with them until the bloody end, none of this "oh, lets give them weapons now because they happen to dislike someone we dislike" then later make the person an enemy because they won't bend over.

When a nation acts like a bully there WILL be a response and that response probably won't be pretty (as we've already seen).

22. shrubby pegasus Registered Senior Member

this post is absurd. when the president and all of his lackies come to you and say look we have all of this evidence here, or a slam dunk as cia director tenet put it. the president should be blamed for not doing his research. he was the one claiming the urgency of this crisis. you seem to be the one who has been conned into believing anything. you are easily manipulated if you buy into the propaganda thrown out by by the bush admin on a daily basis

23. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

I'm voting for Nader. Kuscinich is along the same lines but he's not as well-known -- not to say Nader is much either, heh.

It's just too bad people only see and vote for Democratic and Republic parties. Go Independant!

- N