Would you shoot an eleven year old soldier?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by imaplanck., Nov 2, 2006.

?

see post.

1. It's either him or me and I wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

78.9%
  2. I have to admit if an 11 year old with an AK47 jumped out at me I would probably hesitate

21.1%
  1. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I was just thinking about child soldiers and whether anyone/how many peope have lost their life from hesitating to kill the enemy in the shape of child soldier.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2006
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Hesitate until the moment the little bugger moves!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. baumgarten fuck the man Registered Senior Member

What is an eleven-year-old doing pointing a loaded AK-47 at you except trying to kill you? I don't see how ending his life for the sake of your own is any less moral than doing the same with an adult.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Well in the battle for survival you are correct baumgarten but one must remember that child soldiers are generally coaxed or forced into carrying their AK-47. They are used to flummox UN and other professional soldiers who are unaccustomed to shooting an 8 year old. Shoot to disarm but not to kill is the usual response to such situations.

8. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Yes but aiming may take away micro-seconds, which could be the difference between your life and death. If say someone jumps out at you from behind a wall, the quickest thing you can do is spray lead towards them.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Lucysnow, you shoot to disarm and you will die, I have been in this situation far more often than I care to remember, and I will tell you that the time frame of the situation doesn't allow for a precision shot that is required to disarm a armed opponent.

10. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hey buffalo......

Unless you are bruce willis of course!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~
    As always
    Zak

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Hi Zach, hope thing are good in your life, yeah, Hollywood does make people believe that you can do the imposable way to often, it looks good on the screen but it will get you killed in real life.

12. funkstar ratsknuf Valued Senior Member

I'll be honest and admit that I have no idea how I would react. I hope that I would keep my cool enough to snuff the little bugger, but I'm in no way certain.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

There were thousands of good men killed in Vietnam who hesitated to shoot a little kid with an gun.

Baron Max

14. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hi buffalo,

all going ok with me i hope things are ok with you..

Hollywood is too funny...

But i have to agree with funkstar, i would not know how i would react... I just hope to God i am not put in that sort of a situation...

~~~~~~
    Best to you buffalo
    take care
    zak

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

It might happen sooner than you think, Zak. Here in Dallas, there are little kids that think it's cute, a thrill, to point toy guns to watch how the cops react. Pretty cute, huh?

They've been working on banning "look-a-like" toys for a few months now, but toy manufacturers and retailers are scoffing at the idea. They seem to think it's cute, too.

Baron Max

16. draqon Banned Banned

shoot anyone who bears guns for he who bears gun will use it. The boy should not be seen as boy but a soldier ready to kill, with no hesitation he chosen his path and must fall like all the others on my path, who dare end my life. The 11 year old soldier was once a boy, but now is an object of a war, with one desire but to kill.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

But the news media and the sensationalist won't see it that way! And how the news media sees it, is how everyone will see it.

Baron Max

18. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

If it's me or him... I'd rather it's him... any age!

19. imaplanck. Banned Banned

I have to say, I would hesitate.
    It is either him or me, but everything good in me tells me it is wrong to kill a kid.
    Who wants to live to collect ones pension anyway?

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, is that to say that you think it's "good" to let him live so he can kill you and more of your friends and fellow soldiers? Isn't there any idea in you about "the greater good"?

Apparently almost everyone on Earth does!

Baron Max

21. imaplanck. Banned Banned

Well I dont! I dont want to be some sad old man who lists his defining qualities as having a bus pass and incontinence. I want to be young and shag chicks, anything else is as good as death to me.

22. otheadp Banned Banned

i've read interviews with child soldiers. when they grow up after the war is over they often had nightmares about what they were forced to do. children are innocent - they are corrupted by older people to fight... and to rape and pillage.

if i was the first one in a war to face a childsoldier in battle i'd probably hesitate. but they are soldiers nonetheless and they will kill. so if i was part of 'reinforcement' to a force that was ambushed and massacred by child soldiers i will not hesitate for a second.

23. riku_124 High School Smoker Registered Senior Member

i would shot the 11 yearo ld deado n the spot, if hes a soldior for the nemy he needs shot unless he putsh is wepon down, the greater good like baron max said