Would you recognize genius?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Syzygys, Apr 8, 2007.

1. witynity Banned Banned

HEHEHEHE...YOU ARE SO RETARDED I SHOULD BE NICE TO YOU. I was referrring to "your" graph being conveniently and erroneously used to measure intelligence! LoL!

GENIUS, Weren't you the one who compared americans ignorance of geography to not only africans but "subsaharan" africans???!! That was so stupid, it was comical.

PAY ATTENTION CHILD, LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU.

CHINA HAS A POPULATION IN THE BILLIONS WITH MOST THAT DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO EDUCATION. AMERICA GIVES FREE EDUCATION FROM GRADE SCHOOL TO HIGH SCHOOL AS WELL AS HIGHER EDUCATION THROUGH LOANS, FINANCIAL AID, AND SCHOLARSHIPS. AMERICA'S POPULATION IS NOT EVEN A THIRD OF CHINA'S POPULATION BUT MORE RESOURCES PER PERSON.

DO THE FUKING MATH, YOU DISHONEST TWERP.

YOU'RE FUKING MAKING SHIT UP AND BLUSTERING, THE AVERAGE IQ'S ARE A GENERAL INDICATION OF THE INTELLIGENCE OF THESE COUNTRIES AND IS FAIRLY ACCURATE.

ASIAN COUNTRIES, THEN EUROPEAN, THEN NORTH AMERICA, THEN MIDDLE EAST, SOUTH AMERICA, AND FINALLY AFRICA.

YOU'VE GOT COW HEADLIGHT EYES! WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THE OBVIOUS?? DENIAL IS GOOD FOR THE EGO!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Using an alternate account is against the rules. If you can't play nice, and by the rules, you should find another forum to troll.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

witynity has been permanently banned as a sock puppet of iam.

iam has an automatic temporary ban for clocking up 20 infraction points in recent times.

iam: you will be permanently banned from sciforums if you attempt to use another sock puppet during your ban period.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

A SOCKPUPPET?????

WHAT GAVE HIM AWAY?????? HOW COULD YOU TELL??????

8. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This happened right here in Washington DC and it was a stunt perpetrated by the Washington Post. It was foolish from the start and everyone knew it. People going in and out of a subway station are in a hurry. Jesus or Mohammed could be standing there and they'd rush right past him, even if they recognized him.

If it were a rock and roll band playing a song that was easily recognized, with a technique whose quality could be judged in a few bars, people might at least acknowledge the musicians. But very few people can recognize a piece of classical music from a short snippet of it. Furthermore, solo violin music is not popular in America so most of us can't easily judge the quality of the artistry. We can tell a world-class violinist from a student in a recital, but not in a casual environment.

This was a stunt and should be regarded as such.

9. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Good. That is three of us that see this in the exact same way. As rubbish.

10. fadingCaptain are you a robot? Valued Senior Member

I thought it was an interesting article. Not surprising however. Most of us are in such a hurry going about our lives. When do we stop and enjoy the beauty around us?

The fact that this was in DC means little. I have been in subway stations from Paris to NYC and I doubt he would have gotten a different result most anywhere else.

The article speaks to a problem I see with modern society in general. We give very little attention to the immediate, the now. Its always planning for the future or looking back at the past. Sometimes we need to take a breath, sit, and enjoy whats right in front of us.

11. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Yes yes of course. But nobody is going to do that at a subway station. You'll get trampled!