Would you read profesionals debating cutting edge theories?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Another God, Jan 5, 2004.

?

Would you use this forum?

1. I would go and read the debate in my field of interest, but npt participate in the public forum

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I would go and read the debate in my field of interest and participate in the public discussion of t

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I would go and read most of the debates whether they are fields that I normally deal with or not, bu

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I would go and read most of the debates whether they are fields that I normally deal with or not, an

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. I might be inclined to visit the site and browse over the topic/s, but I probably wouldn't really re

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It sounds boring to me, why would I want to go read something so technical?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Another God Registered Member

Hi everyone! I'm here to do some basic research for a website idea that I have, trying to find out whether anyone is actually interested in the idea or not.

Basically I want to know whether the idea of observing an online forum style debate between well respected leaders of particular philosophical/scientific theories would interest you? There would be several different debates occuring on various topics, with at least two prominent scientists/theorists present in each debate, each representing their personal theory. Anyone could read all of these debates, although only the professional representatives could participate in them. The public would have access to their own forums where they could discuss and comment on the main debates.

For instance, if you had an interest in philosophy of the mind, would you want to see Searle and Dennett debating their theories in a one on one environment? If this was 1860, perhaps Darwin would be arguing with a selected representative from the creationist theorists, etc.

If there is another contentious field which you can think of that you are interested in, then please suggest it to me in your reply (I am also looking for ideas of what fields would be worth having), and imagine that this debate would be taking place on the website in question. With this debate of your choice in mind, please answer the poll....

Thanks you very much for all feedback and ideas =D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SoLiDUS OMGWTFBBQ Registered Senior Member

I would go and read most of the debates, whether they are
    fields that I normally deal with or not, and participate in the
    public discussion to the extent that I can.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.