Would you drink Vio?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Michael, Oct 21, 2009.

?

Will you buy and drink Vio - a carbonated milk drink.

1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

57.1%
  3. oh, there's he goes again with yes or no questions. Can't I "kind of drink it". Geesh....

14.3%
  1. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Does it have any booze in it?

if not....I'll pass.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I've also become lactose intolerant - which is actually normal (mammals are not meant to drink milk post-weening - so why continue to make the enzymes to break down milk sugar?).

In Asia carbonated milk is relatively common. But, I have no interest in drinking Vio. It sounds disgusting to me for some reason.

A little side story. I stopped a fresh produce market and bought a bunch of cheap pineapples and apples. Put them through a juicer (yeah, it does remove the fiber but meh...). It tasted great. So, the next day I was pouring a glass for this girl who was over and she was all worried because it was slightly oxidized and the color had changed a bit. She'd rather drink 10 day old juice from a bottle that had all these preservatives and "looked" like the "right" color then fresh juice!?!? Well, I told her it was perfectly fine and so she drank it and said yum anyway.

But, THAT sort of is what got me to thinking about what we think it normal and what we choose to drink.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. christa Frankly, I don't give a dam! Valued Senior Member

tell that to my 3yo who loves milk... lol! I can go with out it.. gimmie oj, koolaide, water, and tea anyways..
    '
    oh!! 1cup dry full leaf spinach, 1cup blueberrys, 1 banana, maybe a few strawberrys, and a cup or 2 of oj, blend till blended.. lool!!!

now that is really yummy! can't taste spinage, and you get your extra veggie for the day and yummy fruit!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

It's not "Coke" because it's not cola. If there was caffeine in it, believe me, it would be advertised in giant letters.

I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff tastes just like an ice cream float or soda that's been allowed to melt. How prosaic!
    Me too. Have been since I was about 30. It took a while to figure out what was causing all the gas. I can dance around it: cheese, yogurt, cream, etc. are okay as long as I don't overdo it. I can eat cereal by mixing one part heavy cream with three parts water and pretending it's milk. It's actually pretty tasty that way.
    Southern Comfort goes with everything.
    The Neolithic European population invented dairy farming so most people of European ancestry have the mutation that carries that enzyme into adulthood. I have too much Slavic and Semitic DNA.
    People who go to the trouble of eating like you do almost invariably get plenty of fiber in the rest of their diet so don't worry about it. You probably eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies too. Besides, fruit juice is loaded with vitamins and minerals and other good stuff like antioxidants.
    People in the food industry have whole notebooks full of anecdotes like that. I remember in the 1960s when a quantum improvement was made in the manufacturing and packaging of potato chips. They were finally able to build a potato chip that could sit in a bag on a shelf for weeks, and then sit in an open bag on the table in your TV room for several days, without going rancid.

Customers complained that they didn't taste right, and without realizing why, they were tracking down the brands from the factories without the updated equipment. The industry had to invent "artificial rancid flavor."

I'm not a chip fan but I eat one every few years and I notice that they've managed to wean Americans off of that rancid taste. I still don't understand why people like 'em. Maybe that's another enzyme I'm missing.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. codanblad a love of bridges Registered Senior Member

i don't drink milk due to taste, i wonder if they'll make carbonated soy drinks? i'd describe them as "like a birthday party that sucks". soy milk sucks in anything but its pure form. Also, i'm glad vio don't taste like human birthday parties, mine taste like bourbon and ash. for my gf, they tasted like more alcohol, a lot more ash, and blood, after she fell on her face.