Would you accept the chip?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TimeTraveler, Sep 11, 2006.

1. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Neildo, you are setting a silly precedent. You are opening the door to have "your candidate" powerless when you do "win". Which means that nobody can ever have a mandate, which is some sort of pretend-anarchy with a thin coat of democro-icing.

Good luck with that one.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hey swivel

thank you for this.

Eventhough i can see your point, if the hackers hack into your chip they can take out all the various digital media implanted not just the odd wallet or the odd passport bu the whole dammned lot!!!!

Hell they would know everyhting about you....

Dictators would have a field day with this technology..
    But then

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

The chip would consist of two parts, one part is implanted in the right wrist, and the other is in your left shoulder. Using a more limited RFID technology, with a much smaller range, the two chips would have to be within inches of each other before one activated the other. The second one has all the information, and will not transmit unless the first one is within this range. That way, the system is not always transmitting, or even readable. It would be like throwing a hard switch before the system can be used, which would protect against even accidental charges.

Even simpler, make it so that the chip can only transmit one inch in diameter, so in order to pay, you will have to pick up a scanner (just like the credit swipers we use on counters today), and hold it to your shoulder. Perhaps you also have to enter a pin number for most uses. This would still allow paramedics, security, etc... to scan you. But it would be very difficult for hackers to get that invasive without you knowing. Especially if there was a 5-second delay required for all transactions.

Geez... I'm not even that bright, but I can think of dozens of ways to make this system safe, and all the bright people keep blubbering, "Hacker, hackers, hackers" with drool running down their chins. Pot-smokers of the world, RELAX. The system will be volunteer-based, not mandatory. This is to improve the life of those of us that don't break the law and don't see the cops as the enemy. We pay the cops to protect us from paranoid law-breakers like yourselves. You guys can always be the next generation of blue-hairs that holds up the line by writing a check.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Uh, well duh I'm not gonna be happy unless my candidate wins especially when they may have a completely different view than mine where they can enact laws that affect me in a negative way. You better be damned sure I'm gonna be pissed if some liberal gets elected that says they're going to enact a law to ban all guns or whatever else. You better be damned sure I'm gonna be pissed if a candidate wins that all of a sudden says they wanna intiate the draft. What the hell do you think? LoL. And how is that hypocritical? Just because one vote happens, it doesn't mean it's permanent. Heck, look at congress and our laws. Many laws that fail get one tiny little thing tweaked and then get submitted in hopes of that side getting the law passed. They'll try over and over again until they succeed. It's no different with us lowly peon citizens and our votes.

That's not a new system of government. That's always been a part of our democracy. Where've you been?

Dude, you're a fuckin' moron. Votes aren't pemanent. When someone gets elected, their position isn't permanent either. They can be removed at any time the people want to try. All a successful vote means is that a person gets to currently be in power, it doesn't mean they'll remain in that power for their term. That person only has the job for as long as the people allow them to have it. If enough people are upset about it, they can vote em out. There will always be people that disagree with a vote because no person is ever elected with 100% of the votes.

I'm not seeing any precedent, that's exactly how it is. Most officials always have some group trying to get them out of power. The only reason they fail is because their views are in the minority. Rarely does an elected official screw up so badly where everyone wants em out. If they get enough people to go along with em, that official can be gone. And no official is powerless even if people continue to try and ge them out of power. As long as they're still in power, they can do their job. It's only when enough votes come that they're out and are powerless. Half the country dislikes Bush, yet he doesn't seem so powerless does he? Once the majority agrees and tries to get him out of power, then he'll be gone, but until then, his power remains.

Believe me, whatever you can come up with, it will be hacked. There has not been one competely effective measurement of security EVER. Every single time someone comes up and says this is hack-proof, it's been hacked in under a week. Many times the program is even hacked before it's released because they're that good, able to to even acquire it when in the developers hands, lol. I always look forward to new technology that claims to be the best because everyone gets to make a pool and win some dough.

- N

8. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Wrong. Not even close.

Nobody has hacked PGP, or any of the really good encryption algorithms. And even PC games recently had the almighty StarForce protection scheme that was unbreakable, leading to the relative crash of the PC piracy scene. The only thing that stopped StarForce was an amazing amount of pressure brought by gamers claiming that StarForce was killing their CD-ROM drives.

You can't talk out of your butt, and use hyperbole, and expect to be taken seriously. The XBox 360 was hyped as uncrackable, and it has been out for almost a year with no reliable mod-chip.

And again, I am coming up with ideas, you are just making stuff up with absolutely no knowledge of the subject.

And your political views are still bunk.

9. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Isn't that exactly, precisely, what they said about many of the last encryption programs that were invented/developed? But they were cracked, weren't they? Hmm, makes ya' wonder, don't it?

Baron Max

10. leopold Valued Senior Member

you tell 'em neildo.
    sometimes you piss me off with some of the things you say.
    but this post makes me wanna vote you for president!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Dude, anything can be cracked. Hell, the first method is to bypass security altogether! A classic example in regards to PGP:

"Like all cryptography systems and software, the security of PGP can be lost by misuse or by indirect attacks which avoid hard cryptanalysis. In one case, the FBI obtained a court order permitting secret installation of keystroke logger software on a suspect's computer; when they harvested the information, they recovered his PGP passphrase and thereby gained access, by way of his PGP private key, to all his protected files and emails. He was subsequently tried and convicted.[1]"

Um, heh, and StarForce isn't unbreakable. It's been cracked and can be bypassed.

You can think up any ol' security measure, and there will be a way around it, or through it. There has not been one single 100% secure system EVER.

Thanks, I try.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

- N

12. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Accept chip?

Fuck no!

13. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

What about the humans who arent violent? I don't understand why you'd want insecurity for the sake of the most violent among us.

14. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

How do you know that? We have the internet now, and super computers. Also don't you know government and private entites work together and sometimes are the same?

15. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Depends on the chip inside the voting machine.

16. leopold Valued Senior Member

yes, when hell freezes over.