Would you accept the chip?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TimeTraveler, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Most people really don't realize just how "classified" they really are! Anyone over the age of eighteen or so, will be in "the system" in the USA without even knowing it. Credit cards, cell phones, computer systems/Internet, email, toll tags for your car, employment history, college classes, drivers permit, health insurance card, ....the list goes on pretty endlessly. And few complain. Yet mention something like this implant device, and they all go ballistic. Pretty funny, huh?

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Yes, but they aren't all collected and administered in one database. I would be less afraid of the government than private entities getting control of all my information, since the government at least has some oversight.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Roman Banned Banned

Or at least an outlet for it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Terrorist. True patriots know that their government must operate without oversight to catch enemies of the state.

8. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Such "private" databases are shared by the vast majority of companies.

You have a strange paranoid idea about the government. Mostly the "government" can't stick it's finger in it's own ass without a complex blueprint and precise, step-by-step instructions!

Our government is an elected body that really can't do much in the manner of which you speak and seem to worry. There are safeguards all over the place for such illegal crap. Hell, Spider, our government can't even keep secrets from the press, for god's sake ....things are leaked all the time.

And yet you worry about govenment takeover or control of the citizens? Oh, my, you have a lot to learn.

Baron Max

9. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

I would gladly accept the chip.

What I want is targeted advertising. I want the producers to know everything about me, the consumer. I want to only see commercials and billboards and ads that apply to the things that I like and want. I would like to not carry a wallet anymore. Let the cops and the cashiers scan me. Let random people see everything there is to know about me. I want it all on my chip... my medical records, my lack of criminal record, my last will and testament, my check-card, all my passwords and login names.

Yes. Please. Yesterday.

Everything I own right now is already hackable. Worse, all the things I own right now can be stolen from me. I can't keep them all with me all the time. This digital peanut would have less vulnerabilities than my current stuff. I think the people that get in an uproar about "privacy" are the people that really think the Feds are concerned about them smoking a bowl twice a week.

10. Roman Banned Banned

Unless I carved that chip out of your neck and put it mine.

Bitch.

11. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Exactly. Which is my point. The fear-mongers love to point out the weakness of these systems without admitting that these weaknesses are stronger than any current system.

I had a guy "lift" my wallet from me in London once. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm always walking way ahead of my friends, I never would have known it, and wouldn't have gotten my wallet back. However, if you were to slick my neck or arm open, I would have a bit of a warning that my property has been stolen, and I could make the necessary cancellations.

A co-worker recently lost his wallet on a trip. The pain and hassle of cancelling so many things and getting new ones is amazing. His social security card was in there, as was his credit cards, DL, some checks...

When my chip gets taken, I make one call and the whole thing is taken offline and a new one is put in the same day. Better yet... make a system comprised of 5 chips, one in the neck and another in each limb. They work like RFID, where they can turn each other on and off. The neck chip does all the work, but only if the other 4 chips all chime in an "OK" response showing proximity. If you can get a GPS system integrated, you can use an online map to "OK" boundaries for yourself, so the system will shut down or contact authorities if it is outside of geographical limits that you set.

Point is, any of this would be stronger than leaving your checkbook in the glove compartment and carrying around wads of paper that requires no identification. And one of the things that keeps prices unfairly high is employee theft, which is drastically reduced in a paperless economy. Theme parks have learned this lesson well.

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

It is? Funny, I didn't see where I was able to elect our two recent additions to the Supreme Court, where I was able to elect the head of the CIA, where I was able to elect our Secretary of Defense, where I was able to elect, etc etc..

Mayor, Governor, House, and President is all I'm able to do. I have no control over their actions. Even a lot less when the person I didn't even vote for gets into power!

- N

13. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

That's one of the bonuses of all your items. Where they all each have to be hacked for prying eyes to see. In the case of your chip where ALL your information is there, all one would have to do is hack one item. RFID chips have ALREADY been hacked. EVERYTHING can be hacked. For all your important information, you do NOT want it digitialized.

There is no such thing as complete security. Hell, terrorism is an example of that. And the more eggs you have in your basket, the bigger target you'll be and the harder you'll fall, the WTC being an example as well. Your RFID to soon be an example as well.

- N

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What if the chip malfunctions and accidently causes you to vote Democrat?

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

You elected your representatives for congress ..they then REPRESENTED you in their own actions in the congress. You had a voice in the selections of the Supreme Court justices, there were confirmation hearings for the appointments of the CIA, the Secretary of Defense, etc., etc.

There are checks n' balances all over and throughout our system of government. The president can make almost no policy without the consent of congress ....which YOU voted for! The president didn't take us to war all by himself, the congress APPROVED that action ....yet everyone seems to want to blame the president?! ...LOL!

As to you not voting for President Bush, let me ask you something .....if YOUR candidate had been elected, would you want others to continually question his powers and his actions ...constantly protesting, etc? Or are you one of those people who thinks that they know world politics and such that you know more than the president, his staff and the congress?

We elect people to represent us in the USA, why don't we stand back and let them do their job?

Baron Max

16. swivel Sci-Fi Author Valued Senior Member

Damn. Baron beat me to pointing out the horrible logic of Neildo, and give him a lesson on the structure of American government.

Damn you to hell Baron. I'm developing carpal tunnel while trying to keep up with you!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'll bet you would eat shit if your government told you. Or kill all the jews. Or all the muslims.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ahh, but, Spurious, you forgot about the checks n' balances within out system of government. "The Government" can't just tell me to do things like that without sufficient approval of the congress and the courts. It just doesn't work that way, Spurious, regardless of how and what you think.

Now if they told us to kill blacks and Muslims .......?

Baron Max

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Let's presume the following situation:
    They passed the patriot act2. It says you have to kill all muslims. Will you do so?

20. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, hell yeah!!!!! Geez, just think of the great target practice! Wow, we could all have BBQ pork and beer, then go out hunting 'em down on the streets like animals! Geez, who could ask for fun than that? Well, okay, it might be even more fun if Muslims AND blacks were included???

Baron Max

21. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Actually wrong, as I mentioned in my post, I didn't vote for those guys in power. I sure didn't elect any of em. They're not representing me but only those who voted for em. I'm not responsible for any of their actions because I didn't vote for the sons of bitches. And believe me, I know how the system works, Aussie boy.

Yes, of course, if the people believe that person isn't doing a good job. You think our opinions end the moment we cast our ballot? Psssh, hardly. So much for writing our congressmen, eh?

Because it's the people in charge. Those in power represent us. We don't just vote, sit back, and let em do whatever the hell they want. We can take politicians out of power. We did it with Grey Davis and put Arnold in charge and we can do it to whomever else we want. Just like a publicly traded company, the stockholders are the ones in charge, not the CEOs.

Nobody blames the president solely, they blame him administration. It's just easier to say Bush rather than a whole list of names. His administration were the ones who cherry-picked intelligence for him to form his opinion. Their lies and disinformation convinced congress to vote how they did. This is the reason why information and charisma is power. You can easily increase the odds of someone voting how you want by telling them what you want them to hear. And again, I wasn't represented during the vote to go to war because the person supposedly representing me isn't the one I voted for and their stance is the complete opposite of mine. Surely when someone barely wins their title by a 50/50 vote, there's sure to be a major dissent with half of their decisions.

- N

22. leopold Valued Senior Member

actually it was american and international intelligence that convinced them.
    americe is not soley responsible for the disinformation on iraqs WMD.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

So you're not happy unless YOUR candidates win? That doesn't say much for you ideals about the system of voting and government, does it? If YOUR candidate had won, wouldn't you want everyone to sit back and let HIM run the government ....since "The people" elected him? Or are you a hippo-crit?

So, by that, I take it that you support a new system of government ...."Government by Protest"? The group that yells and complains the loudest wins? ...and then the next few months, we go through the same thing? "Government by Protest"? Hmm?

So you only go along with the voting system of the American people ....as long as it's what YOU want? What about what THEY want? And again, if YOUR candidate won, wouldn't you want "the people" to support him? Or are you a hippo-fuckin'-crit?

Baron Max