Would you accept the chip?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TimeTraveler, Sep 11, 2006.

1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

The chip, would be the ultimate form of security, it would end all wars, every human on earth would be tracked every moment of their lives from birth until death with every action logged.

Would you accept the chip in exchange for national or global security? Would you accept the chip if it meant a world free from war?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Roman Banned Banned

No. I'm afraid of an alien threat. Wars keep us well trained to repel intergalactic invaders.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. original sine Registered Senior Member

That's a tough question. I would have to say no, because the potential to abuse the power of such a device would be overwhelming. Even though the ideal of peace in this situation sounds great, how could it prevent war? The chip would just keep a more accurate death toll, supply expenditure, and would reveal the location of every soldier/civilian.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. looking_forward Registered Senior Member

i have a better idea. check out my thread "who else is sick of the world?"

8. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

nope, I want my soma

9. original sine Registered Senior Member

Could it really be a brave new world?

10. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

absolutely not. my lady and i have both sworn that our children will recieve no chip either.

11. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I'd do it just for fun, though. Maybe if it had some video games in it.

12. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Hell no I wouldn't. Ultimate form of security? What a joke. Nothing is. RFID's can get bypassed and disabled so easily.

Nothing will ever be the ultimate security yet the government will continue to try it's hardest to supress us. Once we find a way to bypass the chip, they'll just stick us all in cages so that we really can't do anything and continue to use the excuse of them just doing this to try and protect us, lol. Fuck their protection, I can take care of myself. The government's never done a damned thing to help me, only put limitations on what I can do.

- N

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

no?
    the US government is directly responsible for every man woman and child getting the polio vaccine free of charge.

14. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

You're assuming that ease of identification would prevent wrongdoing. Sadly, some people are plain lunatics and just can't help sexually molesting old women, stabbing dogs or blowing up embassies. ID chips wouldn't change this simple fact.

A better system would be an implant that delivers a steady stream of endorphins to keep everyone happy, coupled with the ability to deliver severe electric shocks at appropriate moments. Naturally, 24-hour monitoring of everyone everywhere would be a prerequisite, but this is just a minor technicality.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2006
  15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Oh wow, gee thanks. All the trouble and limitations they've done to me all for a free polio shoot, woohoo, that's SO much worth it! Thanks, but I'd rather pay my $30 for the shot instead and have them not wire tap me, stick a chip in me, or anything else like that.

Heh, sounds like Harrison Bergeron.

- N

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

How? My father's dog has one and he got bitten by another dog. A friend's dog had one too and he got run over by a car.

How?

And then you just insert a blackmarket chip and your slate is whiped clean.

First make the case that it will garantee national or global security.

First make the case that a chip could prevent wars.

18. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

THEY can put a chip in my arm, when they pry my gun from my cold dead fingers.

-MT

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, yeah, but the other dogs did NOT have the chip! If they had, they wouldn't have attacked your father's dog.

But I wouldn't support the chip because humans need wars and killing to satisfy their innate need, their innate hunger, for violence and death. If they couldn't enjoy a good, bloody, deadly conflict, they'd have to invent one. As it is, they can enjoy the nightly news shows that depict all the world's death and destruction and violence -- it gives them their booster shot of mayhem so they can enjoy a good night's sleep.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to accept that humans are terribly violent creatures ...they NEED violence and killing in their lives, even if they deny it adamantly.

Baron Max

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This reminds me of a sci-fi short story I read online a while back, where everyone has a transmitter in their brain and their thoughts are transmitted to the government who uses high pitched whines as punishment and soothing sounds as reward (not certain about this part), the television giving off subliminal signals to keep everyone hypnotised. Cannot remember the name though. The main characters are a man, his wife and a son who rebels by removing the transmitter.

edit: Darn, should have read ahead. Harrison Bergeron it was, as Neildo said.

21. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

the chip will be the sign of the beast....

22. Mosheh Thezion Registered Senior Member

I OPENNED bank account.. a while ago..

and the lady asked... do you want a credit card?

i asked..'why would i want that?'

she said... 'cause without good credit you cant buy alot of things...'

soon, your credit will deside, whether you can sell... as it does now, in defining your loan status in starting a buisness.

you are all already marked. numbered... filed.. and classified as to your value.

-MT

23. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

unfortunately for the corporate thugs that want me implanted, my only redeeming value resides in my pants.