Would McCain bomb Iran?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Mar 19, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=48062&sectionid=351020202

Would McCain attack Iran?
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2008/03/middle-east-wou.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-zoPgv_nYg

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Iran does support terrorism. The Katusha rockets landing in Israel were made in Iran. Their government is probably involved, but I haven't seen proof. Still, I believe a bombing wouldn't help, and an invasion would be a disaster. I think McCain is crazy enough to try either of these things.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It would be up to Iran to decide that questions answer.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Sure he would. A stray bomb will definiatelly hit the Iranian oil bourse...

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Naive... Like it was up to Saddam to get occupied...

9. Myles Registered Senior Member

McCain wouldn't bomb Iran even if he were Abel. He would get others to do it for him.

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Saddam decided to roll the dice thinking that Bush wouldn't actually invade . That now was a very bad decision on his part. Will Iran do something to provoke an attack, only Iran knows that answer. Naive perhaps but I'd rather watch what Iran does than answering a question that isn't answerable until Iran makes a wrong move.

11. otheadp Banned Banned

WOW

PressTV referred to Israel as "Israel" instead of "little Satan" or "Zionist regime"!

LOLOLOL
    :roflmao:

As for McCain's policy proposal, it's nothing new. In principle, which is what leftist tree huggers will talk about here, it is immoral and probably illegal to do what McCain is proposing to do. But we're not talking about any innocent country here like Denmark or England.

We are talking about the center of the world for Shiite jihad who are (a) doing the same thing themselves, (b) are sworn enemies of the US, regardless of which administration or party rules the white house, and (c) try to fuck up any sort of interest that the US may have anywhere in the world.

So, it is entirely reasonable, moral and necessary to do what McCain said he'd do 8 years ago.

Just stating the obvious here

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. countezero Registered Senior Member

It's funny how quickly the demonization of McCain, long beloved by the Media and the American Left, has begun. After years of attacking Bush and working across the aisle, Democrats, and those sympathetic to them, are suddenly talking about the man in similar terms W.'s minions did in the 2000 campaign: He's crazy, he would bomb Iran, etc.

The simple fact is I have no way of knowing whether McCain would bomb Iran, no way of knowing what circumstances he will face if he is elected. I think it's obvious, love him or hate him, that McCain has more experience in warfare and foreign affairs than either of the remaining Democrats. It also seems clear the US is in no position to start another war, something that can't have escaped the Senator's notice.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The left doesn't love McCain. We appreciate how he made some mediocre attempt to have his own opinions about things, but he's still a Neo-Con.

14. draqon Banned Banned

yes McCain will bomb Iran or at least fund the covert operations against it. Economic sanctions against Iran under McCain? for definite.

15. kmguru Staff Member

Assume for a moment that Iran's proxy create a major offensive againt Israel....then McCain will be forced to bomb Iran...then Iran will bomb Israel...then all hell will break loose...

anyone who follows this type of middle-east politics would like to post various scenarios?

16. draqon Banned Banned

yeah...Iran asks help from Russia, Russia plays like it didn't hear anything. But supplies lots of military equipment to Iran and China does so as well...so we got Iranian Vietnam so to speak...nukes? probably not.

17. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

McCain = WWIII, armageddon, and the end of the world as we know it.

18. draqon Banned Banned

yeah something like that. Good thing to look up to is his health, the dude is obviously very unhealthy...so a stroke probability induced by a noone seen/undetected chemical just is around the corner...

19. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

So, we are not gonna go to Mars?

20. draqon Banned Banned

most will stay, some will go. this isnt about Mars. This is about McCain and how he plans to bomb Iran.

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

yeah, but the point was, if the world is gonna get blown up, all the mars planning is in vain...

22. draqon Banned Banned

yeah well we got astronauts on ISS, they might take the Mars prize.

23. kmguru Staff Member

Since the last gulf war, we have developed some cool weapon systems that we are itching to test out against a real adversary. Iran just might be one fitted with Russian stuff. That has been the case for that last 60 years.

On the otherhand, NASA has some strong lobby in Washington....But when it comes to the Military...everyone takes a back seat....