Would like to introduce myself...

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Cptn.Howdy, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Cptn.Howdy Registered Member

Hi All!
    I Googled "science discussion" in hopes that I could chat with smart people. That shouldn't be too hard to ask for and these forum topics look awesome. Been tryin to figure out exactly how Schroeder's cat is a wavelength and a particle at the same time, reading Turok/Stienhardt's universal cycle theories and even taking a class at Coursera about bioelectricity for the hell of it. Most of this stuff makes no sense but I want to learn it because intelligent conversations are fun and my friends are all drunks.
    Tell me you people have brains PLEASE tell me I'm not stuck with the knuckleheads I've been enduring!!
    Oh, a little about myself other than the above: I live in Southern California, I like beer, girls, sarcasm, and cooking animals. Can't type too fast cause I'm limited to a touchscreen phone at the moment (this whole thing took over an hour and my thumbs are sore) so, in the meantime, I apologize for any potential delay in reply, along with anything else in advance, including this run-on sentence. I also like lesbians, ancient history and work in insurance. My goal is to fire 80% of our staff. I have a cat too. Used to hate cats. Now I don't.
    So how ya'll doin tonight???

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

You'll fit in just fine here with those kinds of likes.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

You might want to bring your ego, too. It can get a bit competitive around here. Sometimes, while reading these threads, I can't decide who really is right--more so when the topic revolves around a heady subject. Best of luck to you.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Hello and Welcome Captn Howdy,
    I also use a phone. Its a Blackberry style. I do pretty good with this model.
    You like cooking animals? Does that mean your cat is on the menu?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Enjoy your time here with us and do come back often.

8. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

You will fit right in.

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Thread moved from "Free Thoughts" to "About the members". Redirect expires in two days.

Welcome to Sciforums, Cptn.Howdy!

10. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the Sciforums, Capt. :wave:

I really like Southern California tourmalines and Northern California Cabernet Sauvignon wine, used to live in Riverside.

11. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Btw, do you think I should change my avatar or do you like looking up my ass?

12. Neverfly Banned Banned

Cool. Do you believe Sciforums needs speed booster, as well?

13. seagypsy Banned Banned

I could see asking someone if they like looking AT your ass, but UP your ass.... that's just gross.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I'm not a visually-oriented person so I don't even have SciForums customized to display avatars on my screen. I am a verbally-oriented person and they just take up space and require more scrolling to find the next batch of words.

So the person who spammed the Moderators about the avatar in question will have to wait for one who has actually seen it to weigh in on the issue. Sorry, there's no specific Moderator assigned to this board so the e-mails come to all of us. Really makes our day.

Or else follow my example and just turn avatars off.

They could also put Bebelina on Ignore. There's nothing this klatsch of keyboard junkies hate more than having our posts go unread, so I suggest this might be the most effective way to apply social pressure.

15. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Oh, has people complained about my avatar? Nice. I like to stir up a riot. Always.

Seagypsy, you like my ass.

Aww, my avatar has been removed. ..me so sad.

16. seagypsy Banned Banned

I don't think I have ever met anyone as impressed with themselves as you are, Bebelina. You know what I find sad. I have seen your personal website. You have an amazing mind. Your art is beautiful. Yet you hold back your true greatness and only want to show us your ass. Everyone has an ass. That is nothing special, but the talent and intellect you show on your personal website is not something everyone has. Why not show some dignity and pride in what truly makes you special and share with us who you really are. I am pretty sure you are more than ass deep.

17. Neverfly Banned Banned

Seconded- well put.

18. Balerion Banned Banned

His name is Howdy
    An' he's a Cap'n
    His thread got rowdy
    That's why I'm rappin!
    Roll call!

19. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

That's very nice of you to say that, and true, but this is SCIFORUMS!! They don't deserve my greatness, they don't even deserve to see my ass, but that's all they got, and now they don't even got that.

This place is beyond dignity. It know not it's name.

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I have become a master of hijacking threads.

21. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Sorry I missed your ass, Bebe.

Mebbe next time.