would intelligent aliens be smarter than us

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Zack034, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Zack034 Registered Member

If every life bearing planet follows Darwins theory and neurology follows the same rules possibly following the whole brain needs oxygen and other supplements to properly function then is it possible that the basic layout of their brains and body chemistry followed a more sophisticated advanced way. To get oxygen to the brain quicker or in larger quantities at a time of course proportionally so that it wouldn't be to much oxygen for the brain to handle at once and who's to say their brains even follow the common earthly need for oxygen maybe they've converted to using a more dense gas that our brains couldn't handle but theis eat it up quick enough to not harm them thus giving them a healthier more "nutritious" flow to the brain in return making them smarter and if its a planet with less gravity then theoretically the neurons can move throughout their brains faster making connections quicker just as light in space travels faster than it does on earth due to air molecules friction and gravity but gravity is the stressor of these and once again following earth neurology which could highly differ from other world s they may have more aggression than us as well aggression fuels intelligence those who have had mother's who had a substancial amount of stress during pregnancy will statistically have higher IQ.kids and kids with major to severe aggression problems from ages. 13-18 statistically have an IQ boost of about 16 points its a portion of the brain linked to aggression and those with larger parts of that segment of the brain generally have higher IQ's as well and look around us our closest predecessor is the chimp I believe with an average IQ of 70 or so point being this cells transform modify die out and the product you are left with is the most suitable in its own environment now let me ask you something have cells really had to transform and modify neurologically to survive on this planet Answer:not really in fact the experimental Lucy was pretty much the first and one of the last now its just humans who are developed neurologically on this planet but what if on another planet the importance of neurological development was realized much sooner and was spread out from our equivalence of the fish coming out of water if so a good 60% could be intelligent enough to produce systems as we do but from looking at our own planet one can only skepticize that intelligence is rare if so we might actually be in luck my final conclusion is that if there is another intelligent species chances are what will come knowing each and everyone of our luck it will be a real life reinactment of an episode off of the twilight zone

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Could you write that down in normal sentences and paragraphs?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Welcome to the Pseudoscience section of the forum.

To aid in further communication and discussion on this forum, I would suggest attempting to breakdown what you write from a word wall, to output that is punctuated and broken into paragraphs. Not doing so will likely cause most people to ignore whatever you are attempting to convey because it's easier to ignore than read.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Another woo woo

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Do aliens breathe oxygen?

How much less need gravity be to actually have a noticeable effect on neurons?
    Would reduced gravity actually have any effect all? Since the speed would actually be due to electro-chemical processes anyway, i.e. not gravity-dependent.

Link please.

Again, link please. I think you're conflating the effect of hormones due to stress with aggression as aggression - they aren't necessarily the same thing.

Link please.

9. Zack034 Registered Member

sure

10. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

if we are actually getting visited by aliens that in itself proves that they are smarter/more advanced than we are at this point they have goten intersteller travel down and we are miles away from that

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I particularly liked this bit:
    So suggesting that they followed a different route is grounds for going with "Earth neurology"?

I think I'd skepticize that intelligence is possibly more rare than you think it is.

12. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

I predict that alien life with silicon based neural network will evolve more rapidly and progressively to a higher IQ.

So much so that predator and prey play a match of 3D chess to determine who was fitter.