Worthless college majors

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Syzygys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. CptBork Valued Senior Member

??? Was that meant to be added to the list? If so, I'd disagree- you can make a ton of money doing this kind of stuff, whether or not it actually has any real use.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Koalama Registered Senior Member

They are wrong about music therpy. My mom is a special ed teacher and they have a music therapist come in and play music for the kids. They make a shit load of money for basically no work.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. draqon Banned Banned

s**t load of money = successful college major

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Well, the difference is studying it compared to majoring in it. I can study something that I like in the library or on the net, it isn't necessery to pay a shitload of money for getting a degree....

8. anisotropyx Registered Member

I tend to think that all the majors on this list are useful. For instance:

Art History -
    People take art historians for granted, however they go scrambling to them to preserve and record some of the greatest achievements of the human species.

Religion -
    No, I'm not religious. However, even as "devout atheist" I have considered the study of religion as a career. Understanding religion is just as important as understanding anything that has that big of an impact on the world.

Philosophy -
    Many of the biggest achievers in the world today are philosophy majors; not because they spend their lives puzzling over metaphysics but because they CAN think.

So I think that, while most of these fields stray from the normal view of productivity, they are still very useful.