Worst pop/rock songs?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Tiassa, May 26, 2004.

1. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

yes.

i agree to the last two posts and several others above that.

i really hate techno remixes of all kind.
    but i dont like dance music, and they are sorta similar.
    i heard awful before that, and i havent heard it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Haha, I remember that when I was younger. It had the Corey duo (Haim and Feldman) in it too.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

One song I find annoying is that Barbie song by Aqua. Hello barbie let's go party, ah ah ah. *screams!*

- N

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chunkylover58 Make it a ... CHEEEESEburger Registered Senior Member

Yep. I think it was from the "Dream a Little Dream" soundtrack.

Someone shoot me for knowing that.
    :bugeye:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

Britney Spears-"Opps I did it again" *Oh god why can't i stop listening to it.......

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Queen does suck. I think they might have a good song or two, I can't think of any right now though. The songs I listed are the worst of the lot. Melodramatic and sappy. "We are the losers... my friend... and we'll keep on fighting... til we give in..." I do like the mud on the face part though. The bicycle song is the absolute WORST!! It's so bad that it hangs in my mind like a stinking cloud of death and despair whenever I'm unlucky enough to hear it again. Bohemian Rhapsody is just stupid. Way too overplayed and highly overrated. I liked it for about 15 seconds when Wayne's World came out.

Metallica is lame because they were once so great. And I don't want to hear about how they just rehashed old motorhead tunes and yadda yadda. At one time, they meant something. If Cliff Burton were alive, he'd bitch-slap Lars until he gave him a brain hemorage (sp?).

Shit, I came up with another terrible tune, but forgot it while writing the above spiel...

How about Rock Me Amadeus. It's bad in a good way. I haven't heard it in years, but liked it when I was young. "Amadeus... Amadeus... Ama-deus... Come on and Rock me Amadeus..."

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Hey Dreamwalker. What do you think of David Hasselhoff? I hear he's god in Germany.

10. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

they dont seem so great nowadays but i think thats cause they ARE/were too overplayed and now noone really cares, theyre just a backgroound noise that everyone knows.
    but they do rule.

11. vslayer Registered Senior Member

definitely that one on the juice ad, arg cant remember name

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Amadeus and other

Re: "Rock Me Amadeus"

Personally, I love that song. (And "Vienna Calling," and "Der Kommisar.") But KPLZ, 101.5 FM in Seattle used to do the occasional decent parody song, even in the days before Bob Rivers came to town. And one night, after "Rock Me Amadeus" had spent weeks atop the local call-in countdown, they finally ran a parody that got so many votes it actually took down the original.

I don't remember much of it, but there were a few memorable lines:

"Baby, maybe you should remember
    Sly Fox (something something) the pretender
    Take that song and put it in the blender,
    Yeah-yeah-yea-ah!"

And also a sample that just said: "Poo-poo-poo-poo-poop on it. Poop on it! Poop on it!"

It was beautiful. The song was called, "Stop It, Amadeus!"

I should mention that while I made the customary Google search, I did come across the Final Draft of Shaffer's "Amadeus" script.

At any rate ....

I haven't a link for this one, but maybe someday I'll transcribe the lyrics.

•*Joanne Rand. "O.J.'s Song."

Literally, it's a soundtrack for the Bronco chase. The chorus is, "Mother I'm coming home." I actually think it's an amazing song, but only if I take it out of the Bronco-chase context. Otherwise, I just can't keep a straight face.

I'm not sure which is worse, Shatner's "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds," or "Mr. Tambourine Man." I mean ... "Lucy" is a thoroughly mind-blowing recording. It's beyond any rational description. Elton did better with the song.

Jeez, I can't believe I forgot this one. I just saw Spurious' mention of "Ice Ice Baby."

At any rate, I had downloaded a map for Rainbow Six once upon a time that had this soundtrack right at the beginning. After you programmed the bots, it was a pretty cool and macho-sounding line when the actual song kicked in. But, being compressed for the game, the beginning was unintelligible. I couldn't make out the phrase "Rob Van Winkle." Literally, the first line came out garbled, like a dying man saying, "Yo, Lord help me." And the second half of the line was ... a mess to say the least.

At any rate, the sample was:

I couldn't believe it when I looked up the lyrics. I'm rarely surprised, but I wish I had a picture of my expression because I turned aside and cussed, and a friend who had no idea what I was looking up laughed because he'd never seen me that pissed, ever. And then he fell over when he found out what it was. But still ... I went out and downloaded the damn song anyway. Ph@cking awful.

Last edited: May 27, 2004
  13. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

@ invert nexus

Hasselhoff? I didn´t hear of him for years. Nobody really cares about him and some have obviously forgotten him or never knew him at all. I do not know anyone who ever listened to the "music" he made.
    I do not think that he´s inanyway important to any German.
    Perhaps he was popular some years ago, but now he´s nothing.

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Dreamwalker,

Well, there's another theory shot to hell.

To be honest, I think it was Norm on the old Saturday Night Live who always made that claim. I think I have seen some entertainment news type stuff that mentioned Germany and Hasselhoff together too. That was probably awhile back too.

Tiassa,

I forgot all about Vienna Calling, I seem to remember liking that song too. It was kind of a sweet song, wasn't it? And Bob Rivers was cool, I stopped listening to him when he went over to 102.5 though. Howard Stern had my attention at the time. I wish they'd kept Don and Arnie to tell the truth, they were funny as hell. Anymore, I'm sick of commercial radio. I'll either keep it on the Buzz, Outrageous Talk Radio!!! or the EMP station. It's good for some unusual tunes.

I liked the What If God Smoked Cannabis tune, Chat Room to the tune of Convoy was good, too. Man, it's been so long since I've listened to them that I've forgotten most of them. I remember years ago they had a Roseanne to the tune of Roxanne. "Roseanne, you don't have to eat a turkey every night. Roseanne..."

But, I digress from the topic. Sorry...

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

We're Not going to take it - Twisted Sister

The Thong Song- Sisqo

I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred

Achy Breaky Heart- Billy Ray Cyrus

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Freebird.
    hate hate hate hate that damn song.

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Love Shack
    If there's one song that I utterly despise that's it.

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I love that song. I'm singing it in my head right now. My first peek at RuPaul.

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

You would.
    But it's a scientific fact that females are genetically incapable of distinguishing good music from bad... "Ooh that's got a rhythm you can dance to..."

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  20. superstring01 Moderator

"Parents Just Don't Understand" - Fresh Prince of Bellaire

Anything by Brittney Spears.

~String

21. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

You're kidding, right? That was the best vocal performance. Ever. In History.

22. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

Rock Anthem!

23. synthesizer-patel Sweep the leg Johnny! Valued Senior Member

That marked the moment when the B52s - pardon the pun - nosedived in their credibility.

well in fact they hadn't done much that was any good since their first album, but that song was a new low for them