Worst Job You Ever Had?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by darksidZz, Mar 12, 2010.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I sorted snails, dead and putrefied from living and firm, from a large concrete tank, at a farm for water garden plants.

It actually wasn't too bad, most days I would walk through snake infested ponds in waders, avoiding snapping turtles, filling orders for lily pads.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

One time when i worked at a bakery... the grease machine wasnt workin very good but the forman knew how to fix it... he stuck his hand down in the vat which helt the yellow-grease... rooted aroun for about 10 seconds an pulled out a hand full of insects which was cloggin the grease filter.!!!

Anuther time we pulled out a convayer-belt which was used to make spice bars... we loaded the belt up wit lumps of doe... an when the belt was started som liquid squirted onto the belt an spice bars... the forman looked at the gears an discovered what was left of a mouse nest an som squished baby mice... he cleaned the nest out an then wiped the red juice off the yellow convayer belt an we was bak in bidness... he said the heat from cookin woud kill any germs in the mouse-juice that got on the spice bars.!!!

BTW--Spice bars was a misture of pasterys which had been accidently droped on the floor an broken... water an som mor flour wooud be added to the broken pieces an mixed up an baked... they didnt rize much but they sold perty good an helped out the profit margine.!!!

A frind of mine worked thar 1 day an quit... said the place made him sick... lol... but his parents was still helpin him out so he didnt need the money very bad.!!!

I worked the steem washer a few times... an i wasnt suposed to put a pan in the washer unless it had green mold in it.!!!

Drops of sweat off the noises of the women woud splash onto the cakes as they put icin on 'em.!!!

One thang about the place tho... we put accurate date code sickers on everthang when it was wraped... an if som of the stuff we date coded wasnt needed it woud be stacked over by the wall... an then when it was needed... the forman woud look for mold... an if he coudnt see any he woud put new date codes on 'em an truck 'em off to the stores.!!!

O... an the mixer area was very impressive... the mixer bowls was almos 3 feet across... an we woud dump in 40(?) pound bags of flour at a time... an as the forman was teechin me he suddenly reached into the mixer bowl an was pickin stuff out... it was a mouse nest... he tolt me to be careful when pickin stuff out cause he beater coud take a arm off... the firs time i dumped in a mouse nest i tryed to time the beater so i coud pick out the nest... but after about 10 seconds the prollem was solved... the nest had completely disapeared.!!!

When i firs started workin at the bakery the forman said i coud eat all i wanted... what a deal... i was perty much gettin breakfast an dinner for free... but after a few weeks i started workin in areas whare i coud see how stuff was made an i never ate anuther thang made thar.!!!

O... an they had a huge walk-in fridge area whare we stored perishaable stuff... but it had been broke for over a year an wasnt even cool... lol.!!!

I worked thar for a year... an i had dreams about the place for about 30 years... lol.!!!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sandy Banned Banned

I really did LOL when I read that. I forgot how funny you are.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Sandy, doesn't the Bible say something about childbirth, being fruitful and filling the earth, something like that (in Genesis if my memory serves me right)?

Isn't it a womans duty to have children, is that not what God wants?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

My worst job was a paper round, the free weekly local newspaper. It meant delivering about 300 papers in a housing estate and I was tasked with slipping little leaflets into them first. Took fucking hours and I got maybe £15 a week, what was I thinking? I did it for maybe 3 or 4 months then jacked it in.
    Perhaps if iPods had been invented at that time it would have been more tolerable.

Sandy / String, looking after someone else's kids can be a nightmare, I know, but looking after your own child is completely different, this I know also.

9. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

10. John99 Banned Banned

Best job i had was working in a garbage dump. I was 19 to around 25, it was very creepy at night, with rats and bad smells. But man did we have some fun.

11. John99 Banned Banned

:facepalm:

i forgot to mention. i sadi best job but at the time i thought it was the worst but then cam e to realize it was the best.

12. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Ha... the city dump (about 1/4 mile away) was kinda like an amuzment park/zoo an admisson was free... you jus had to avoid the dump-guy or he woud run you off... ther was a constent rattle of tin cans from the rats diggin aroun... an i never will forget the unique smell of smolderin garbage... an once we fount som medical suplies which had been dumped... lots of needles an also som lumps of flesh... perty excitin.!!!

13. ScaryMonster I’m the whispered word. Valued Senior Member

The worst job I ever had was more to do with the bastard I was working for then the actual work, I’m generally a very easy going person but I came to hate this guys guts. And still years later I wish for fate to place me in a situation that allows me to take my evil out on him.
    Do you think it’s perverse to carry grudges like that for years?
    Because I have a list in my head and there are a few on it.

14. desi Valued Senior Member

I was an overnight waiter at Perkins on Friday and Saturday nights, after I got off my other job at another, nice, restaurant. I was 16 at the time and saw how much the waiters made at the Italian restaurant I worked at from 4 to 10 pm. Since I was too young to serve alcohol I had to bus tables or cook which paid well back then, in cash.

I figured I'd try being a waiter to make lots more money and I got the overnight job at Perkins. It was bad. People left pocket change for tips. I didn't even make minnimum wage most nights. It also cut into my partying time. I eventually just didn't show up anymore. When I came into get my last check, before I found out they would have sent it to me, I had to walk by the coworkers to pick it up. It was like a bad movie with all eyes on me taking that short walk that seemed like eternity to pick up my check and get out of there.

Some people live those jobs. Thank God I am not among them.

15. desi Valued Senior Member

I was an overnight waiter at Perkins on Friday and Saturday nights, after I got off my other job at another, nice, restaurant. I was 16 at the time and saw how much the waiters made at the Italian restaurant I worked at from 4 to 10 pm. Since I was too young to serve alcohol I had to bus tables or cook which paid well back then, in cash.

I figured I'd try being a waiter to make lots more money and I got the overnight job at Perkins. It was bad. People left pocket change for tips. I didn't even make minnimum wage most nights. Dealing with belligerent cheap drunks lost its lustre after the first few nights. It also cut into my partying time. I eventually just didn't show up anymore. When I came into get my last check, before I found out they would have sent it to me, I had to walk by the coworkers to pick it up. It was like a bad movie with all eyes on me taking that short walk that seemed like eternity to pick up my check and get out of there.

Some people live those jobs. Thank God I am not among them.

One interesting thing about that Perkins job was a girl left me her name and number on a napkin. We went out to the other restaurant where I found out she went to college with a couple of the waiters who worked there. They asked me how the hell I ended up going out with her since they went to a private school and she was 5 years older than me. She was also studying the exact same career that I ended up getting into. At the time she found out I was a high school student and promptly did the 'lets just be friends' thing which was fine with me. She was a positive experience.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

i grew up on a farm and know what its like to shovel poop. I have gotten up at 4 am to break ice so the cows could drink. I have carried a calf into a barn bare foot in the middle of a hail storm.
    I worked in a meat packing plant. I have cut into abscesses.

None of that was as bad as working at a construction firm. The women who was my boss was an anal religious control freak.
    I wasn't allowed to keep paper/binder clips on my desk because some one could walk by and steal them.
    Pencils had to be stored point down. Pencils and pens could not be stored with highlighters. If I did, she would rearrange my desk so that they were separate.
    I was reprimanded for using the Lords name in vain. Yes, it was a commandment she was determined I kept, even though I'm an atheist.
    When I walked out of the restroom I was asked if I had washed my hands.
    I only worked there one month. I have never hated a job as much as that one.