Worst Fake British Accent in Cinematic History?

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by goofyfish, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

YEA BABY YEA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

just for the record its $2.99 USD a month

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

George Lazenby (or something) he was an Aussie, a model or something. He was James Bond in 'On Her Majesties Secret Service' and boy did that film stink!!

Sean Connery in The Hunt For The Red Oktober, brilliant. I loved it.

Most British actors try to sound too British in US films, I don't know why, but they do. Like that guy in Deep Rising or that other guy in The Replacements. No-one sounds like that!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Worst Fake British Accent in Cinematic History?

Ahhh, another occurs to me: Carrie Fisher - Star Wars.

Her first ten lines were in this upper-crust kind of British accent.
    after that it was like she was Princess Linda from Jersey.

:m: Peace.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Whole cast of Eastenders, definatly

8. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

O.k, here goes:

I dont agree with Dalton was the worst bond ever, I think it was because of the story lines he had. They were rubbish, The living day lights was the worst official bond movie in my opinion.

I dont think that George Lazenby was a rubbish bond either, because it was a good story line and he seemed to fit the character well.
    This is where you can buy it: Amazon.com - On her magesty's secret service

He was a Bond, he starred in an official Bond movie (albiet 1) - He was a Bond.

He is Scottish, to some that means he is British, but i dont believe in all that 'UK' crap. Vote for an independant Scotland, thats my message.

I actually liked Roger Moore as a bond, i liked the jokes, i dont think they were over done like the new bond movie. I think the new Bond movie is the worst of recent times, it isnt a real bond movie in my opinion, it has only one memorable line in it by John Cleese. It resembles a Die Hard movie, all big bangs with no depth to the story line. Starring bad actors Halle Berry and MADONNA [wtf!] just tops of the reasons why this is such a bad movie. Hell, even the sound track is shit, its just another pop track.

Brosnon is a good bond but has had his fair share of bad plots, Die another day being another one although still resembling a bond movie (unlike the new one). Connery i say is the best bond hands down.
    As for the worst brittish accent i'd hace to say Kevin Costner in Robin Hood
    Oh i hated that film, it was such aload of crap. His accent was hilarious.
    Just for the record, there is no evidence to support that Robin Hood ever existed.

Hale Berry shouldnt have been in that movie, it was a tradegy to an already bad plot. Just because she has nice assets doesnt mean that she should have been in that film as many people have said to me.

He was James Bond in 'On Her Majesties Secret Service' and boy did that film stink!!
    Not as much as the new one! I actually like that movie - On her majesty's secret service.
    Sean Connery in The Hunt For The Red Oktober, brilliant. I loved it.
    Yeh, i love that film, i want it on DVD.
    I think the stereotypical English accent in American films is hilarious, i have still to meet an english person that talks like that! he he.

Are you talking about: K-19: The Widowmaker??
    I havent seen it but its supposed to be slanderous to Russians and completely non accurate storyline (its based on a real event)

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Oh man, the best one I've seen recently was in Independence Day, where that "English" chap (lol) was like 'Oh those American chaps have found a way to defeat them, jolly o' when a real brit will be like -
    'Oh those f*cks from the US have stolen all the f*cking glory again. F*ck this and lets go kill us some aliens and lets no hope any stupid f*cking yanks get in our way'
    And that isn't intended as a joke either :bugeye:

Isn't it funny that many British actors can do better US accents than the US actors. Take Black Hawk Down, most of the cast were Brits and that guy who got deafened is from Scotland. Also Band of Brothers, how many British actors do you want!!

10. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

I havent seen Black Hawk Down OR Band of Brothers.
    * Hangs head in shame *.
    Those are the next two war movies for my DVD collection. Which would you recommend I buy first?

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Band of Brothers for sure!! It'll set you back a lot tho, but it's worth it!!

12. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

if you like halle berry, watch 'swordfish'.

she has a nudie scene. hehehe.

13. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Halle "blah" Berry, who would've thought she was an actress :bugeye:

14. pumpkinsaren'torange Registered Senior Member

i love REAL british and australian accents. *swoons*..just thought i'd share.

15. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

Worse, but very GOOD exactly because of that, Brad Pitt in the Snatch, where he plays this British Gypsy boxing dude. They gave him some unprounacable brabble, so that even the British people couldn't tell if it was gypsy english or not, Fun movie all the way were i actually learned to apreciate his acting qualitys, behind being some pretty boy....

And I really like how the powerfull yet polished noble voice of Sean Connery literally FILLS a room with grandeur/anger/laughter/tension when he plays a king Magnificent!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2003
  16. chewienieto Registered Member

Guess what nightfall, I´ve already seen it.Its a cool movie, even witout halle (wait a sec, what i´m saying) corretcion: its a cool movie, but whit halle, is a very cool movie.

Yes cap, im talkin about that one, i suggest you to see it and be witness of a very very very bad russian accent

17. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Second Broderick

That was the second thing to mind when I saw the topic title: Matthew Broderick.

I was also thinking of Costner in Robin Hood.

But now that I'm thinking of such things, my favorite "English" accent in art is probably Roger Waters' "Pict" role at the end of the song "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict".

I'm a sucker for the Irish accent, though.

thanx,
    Tiassa