Worlds smartest man, a bouncer?! IQ 210

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TimeTraveler, Feb 5, 2007.

1. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Eugenic son of a bitch Chris Langan.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

He's an idiot.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Oh my days, that guy has been stealing my notes or something.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Pfff, I've been saying that for years and my IQ is probably half of his.

The world could do with a bit of eugenics. Either that or just wait until we can replace the working class with robots that can complete a sentence without swearing.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  8. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Oh how I wish I had a chimpanzee, a loaded gun, a crate of nitroglycerin and you all in the same place right now.

9. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

That's knowledge, not intelligence. They could be as stupid as an entire american and still know all the birds, "sign" like the birds, etc.

Intelligence is mental agility. Knowledge is nothing to do with intelligence.

or

Intelligence is the speed of the CPU. Knowledge is how full the hard drive is.

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I am reading Einstein's biography. Being smart doesn't equal how successful one becomes or how one can handle life's problems. Einstein had a hard time to find a job after getting his degree....

11. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Wow me too! It's settled then, I am a genius.

12. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Kenneth Wayne Jennings III (born May 23, 1974) holds the record for the longest winning streak on the U.S. syndicated game show Jeopardy! Jennings won 74 games before he was defeated by challenger Nancy Zerg on his 75th appearance. His total earnings on Jeopardy! are US $3,022,700 ($2,520,700 in winnings, a $2,000 2nd-place prize in his 75th appearance, and $500,000 in the Jeopardy! Ultimate Tournament of Champions).[1] Jennings held the record for most money won on any game show ever until the end of the Ultimate Tournament of Champions (first aired on May 25, 2005), when he was displaced by Brad Rutter, who defeated Jennings in that tournament.

After winning, he began working on a book, Brainiac: Adventures in the Curious, Competitive, Compulsive World of Trivia Buffs, which explored American trivia history and culture. Jennings also appeared as a member of the mob (sitting at podium #13) on the game show 1 vs. 100 in 2006, and in 2007 Jennings was the champion of the first season of the US version of Grand Slam.

Born in Edmonds, Washington, Jennings grew up in Seoul, South Korea (1981–1992) and Singapore (1992–1996), where his father worked for an international law firm and then as Asia Pacific Division Counsel of Oracle Corporation.[2] He watched Jeopardy! on American Forces Network television while growing up.[3]

Jennings graduated with a degree in Computer Science and English at Brigham Young University, where he played on the school's quizbowl team for three and a half years. He graduated from Seoul Foreign School where he completed an International Baccalaureate diploma, and achieved honors at Brigham Young.[citation needed] Jennings attended the University of Washington during his freshman year.[4]

Jennings is a Mormon, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He served a two-year mission in Madrid, Spain from 1993 to 1995.

As reported by The Salt Lake Tribune and other sources[5], Jennings is a member of the Democratic Party, which some feel runs against the grain of the cultural leanings of many members of his church.[6]

Now residing just outside Seattle, Washington, Jennings identifies himself as an avid comic book and movie buff with a website listing his top 4,000 favorite movies. He also writes questions for, edits the literature and mythology categories of questions of, and is otherwise active in the National Academic Quiz Tournaments (NAQT), a quiz bowl organization;[7] in particular, he moderated (i.e., read questions) at the 2005 and 2006 NAQT National High School Tournaments in Chicago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Jennings

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

What's your point? Jennings isn't the smartest, he only knows trivia well and hell, he is a Mormon, that would disqualify him anyway...

14. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I don't think that analogy is correct, it's more like Intelligence is like the Mathematical Co-Processor that knows what to do with Mathematics, if it didn't know then the computer wouldn't function very well, perhaps it would slow down as the main processor is then taken up with "Attempted functions" to replace the Mathematical Co-Processor.

So Intelligence is not a direct reference to speed, but the ability to examine multiple references of data and draw a conclusion. The data that's examined doesn't even have to be connected to the subject directly, i.e. Take Newton's Gravity with a Falling Apple and cross reference it with other falling objects. (Of course it all gets a bit Galileo.)

15. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Yeah except you just used the word KNOW. To know something is to have knowledge, right? Which has nothing to do with intelligence.

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

If you hadn't of guessed computers are built to carry out a function which means they obviously have preplanned influences much like a person would if they were trained (and technically they are from birth through observation)

I'm sure it's said throughout the entire thread that IQ (Intelligence Quota) was originally based upon the Brain Mass in relationship to Body Mass, Ergo when someone got a question right in a Quiz some people might snidely retort "Big head!".

Obviously you could have a head filled full of neurological Axioms and Neurons however if they haven't been trained to any avail, you might as well ask a bowl of porridge for an intelligent answer.

17. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

I think he's an interesting guy. It's interesting to observe the way "smart" people's brains work, especially in response to difficult questions. Not saying I think he's the "smartest" man in the world, but easy to learn things from people like him.

18. Betrayer0fHope MY COHERENCE! IT'S GOING AWAYY Registered Senior Member

He's surprisingly alike to Norsefire..

19. Carcano Valued Senior Member

I agree with much of what he has to say.

The majority should never be allowed to rule...through an absolute democracy.

Giving birth is a responsibility to be earned...not a right.

I support some form of eugenics and a conditional democracy.

20. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Whats remarkable about his views is that they dont seem to have any emotional content.

His thinking isnt dominated by anger, hatred, envy, etc.

He examines society in the same way an engineer takes apart an engine...with utilitarian objectivity.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  21. Carcano Valued Senior Member

22. Carcano Valued Senior Member

A true eugenics ideal would be a boon to the Jews...the Ashkenazis having the highest average IQ in the world.

23. skybo67 Registered Member

Intelligence Based segregation.

What you suggest is treating those with lesser intelligences as second class citizens which is unconstitutional and unethical. If the past can teach us anything it is that acceptance, not tolerance, is the way to go. Now you say that people with an IQ less than average should not be allowed to reproduce, that is all fine and dandy accept that that would take away their rights as a human and rights as an animal because we are all animals and if you take away the ability to reproduce then you take away life. Because the main objective in life is to reproduce, to interact and become intimate with other people, now I am not in any way all knowing and infallible, but I am sure that the meaning of life is not to sit idly as life passes by; which by taking away somebody's god given rights as a person would do to them. So you can ramble about you're ideas and theories and test anything you want, but know that segregation and oppression on the base of intelligence will never happen.