Worlds smartest man, a bouncer?! IQ 210

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by TimeTraveler, Feb 5, 2007.

1. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

The other animals have awareness to you know. You should respect that.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Obviously he is an idiot.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The problem also is that some of the best minds in any field come from abusive or brokjen families and some of the worst serial killers in the world had model parents. So the whole deal would absolutely pointless.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

You couldn't have said it any better.

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

"IQ" is obviously meaningless.

9. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

Bouncers don't just go around picking fights. They break up fights and toss people out who acting like asshats. So your violence point crushed......

Smart enough to find another job? Maybe he enjoys being a bouncer......the smarter man is the happier one not the one with the more prestigeous job and large bank acct.

10. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Can you explain why you believe that a person’s I.Q is meaningless? The tests that we are currently using to measure a person’s I.Q could be improved, but are you saying that President’s or Prime Minister’s level of intelligence is not important?

By the way, I would equate giving a gun to a chimpanzee to putting a person like George W. Bush in the white house. And I am not being sarcastic.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Honestly, I would trust a chimpanzee with a loaded gun and crate of nitroglycerin more than I would this man.

12. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I do not think that "larger bank account" even suggests "highly intelligent", but one does typically see the highly intelligent looking for jobs that are intellectually engaging. Those do not always pay well. Research scientists working for universities are not exactly "raking in the dough."

Similarly I know a lot of very rich, high-earning, people who, I would have to say if pressed, do not seem especially intelligent. I've heard it said that businessmen are the guys who got B's in college, while their lawyers are the ones who got A's. While obviously facetious, I suspect the general implication is true: corporate lawyers tend to be smarter than their clients...but their clients typically earn a whole lot more. A lot of work in the business world has less to do with being the smartest guy in the room, as it does with being the best at reading other people or the guy who's the least risk averse.

Similarly I have no doubt that academics are, in general, smarter than either lawyers or business people, but they earn a lot less.

My father was a firefighter his whole adult life, and was smarter than I am. He just enjoyed the physicality, sense of duty, and work schedule (four days on, then four days off). He lived his intellectual life in his free time. Perhaps this bouncer does the same.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  13. q0101 Registered Senior Member

I would trust this man, and it is probably because we have a lot of things in common. (With exception of the extremely high I.Q) I agreed with the majority of the things that he said in the video. I think this world would be a better place if the majority of the people at the top of our social hierarchy agreed with his ideas pertaining to eugenics.

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No offense, but I can see that your IQ is low. I said that "IQ" is meaningless, NOT the level of intelligence of a president or prime miniser. The IQ is meaningless because, as a measure of intelligence, it is not effective, it is not an accurate reflection of someone's level of intelligence. Someone in Africa who knows all the birds and can sign like the birds will appear really dumb with an IQ test when, in reality, they would be quite bright. IQ tests were designed to determine how likely people are to be a good piece of the corporate elitist puzzle. It has nothing to do with intelligence - they just want to know who would be a good employee.

I agree.

15. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Are you are saying that there is no correlation between a high I.Q and a high level of intelligence? I agree with what you wrote about the person from Africa and the corporate elite puzzle, but I.Q tests can give you a general idea about a person’s cognitive abilities.

16. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No, it can't because it takes into consideration only a portion of the intellect, thereby inflating it's influence on the overall intelligence score (since it is the ONLY portion taken into consideration!).

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Is he supposedly the world's smartest or America's? I always wonder if men like him actually ever get laid without paying for it.
    Arrogance is never sexy.

18. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

Intelligence is not the be-all end-all quality for which we should be selecting. In fact, there is no single such quality. Sorry charismatic people, and kind people, and risk seekers and people with anomalously good immune systems...but you have to pass this test to have babies, and charisma, kindness, risk tolerance and great fortitude get you zero points.

That aside, how would get the dumb to line up for the genocide? You are setting yourself up for revolution. Also, suppose you happen to fall in love with someone who's IQ measured slightly too low? Suppose the person was sick on the day of the test? Who administers these tests? How many trillions of dollars are we going to spend to make sure the test is accurate and fair, then to fight the coming War of the Dummies, and then to sterilize the survivors? (Remember, according to John Kerry, the U.S. military is mostly made up of the ones you want to sterilize.)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Besides, let's say that only the top 50% gets to procreate and that society becomes smarter as a whole without any negative genetic consequences that normally come with a thinning of the gene pool, who drives the buses in your world? Who picks up the garbage? Who wades through the sewage when it backs up into the street? The smarter you are, the less likely you'll be satisfied in some menial job.

I never thought I'd say it, but Huxley's Brave New World is a better solution than this, as at least he thought through those little problems.

19. draqon Banned Banned

Vin Diesel is a film actor, a bouncer, and his IQ shines well above others...

20. q0101 Registered Senior Member

There was no way for him to explain every single detail in a short documentary, but I think he would be smart enough to think about the various things that you mentioned if he was in a position to implement his plans. There wouldn’t be any kind of revolution or genocide if the man is as smart as he says he is. It would be illogical to try to implement any kind of forced sterilizations. I discussed my peaceful ideas pertaining to eugenics in previous threads. The word doesn't have to be associated with things like Nazi Germany and forced sterilizations.

21. Mickmeister Registered Senior Member

I don't know, there are times that I wish I didn't have a high IQ. I run into incidents of talking to average people that really is frustrating when they cannot comprehend what I am talking about. There are often times that I look at crowds of average people and envy their average intelligence. Most of them, with few exceptions, lead lives under the influence of society and are lead around without underlying knowledge.

22. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

He reminds me of that Cliff Clavin guy from cheers.
    He thinks he's wise.. but really.. he's full of shit. Wise people don't claim to have the answer. And FFS, he's a bouncer! You can just imagine what a know-it-all douchebag his father must have been.

23. Xerxes asdfghjkl Valued Senior Member

That must be really difficult for you, having such a high intellimagence :bawl: