World's foremost atheist televangelist to attack children's literature!

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by S.A.M., Nov 22, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I love this!

Source

Dawkins v Potter

:roflmao:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Are you laughing at him for expressing his opinions? Or are you laughing at him because he doesn't believe in God? :shrug:

I'd think he has every right to write a book about anything he wants to. If people enjoy what he has to say he will sell many books and he and his publisher will become rich and famous. If however his book fails to generate any substantial income I would think we won't be hearing from him for awhile.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm laughing at him because I was right.

Btw, this book, I will be sure to read. I'm going to put an alert out for it immediately so I can get it from wherever it is first published in the world.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

About what?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

About him of course. Hes a woo woo.

9. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Well that's a given but there are many of those types of people out there who attract other "woo woo's" to them and they become a whole bunch of followers that are lead nowhere fast.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah. He has a mug and a Tshirt, I think. Also a doll. Maybe now he's targeting the kids, he'll come up with stuff to sell to them. He'll become an industry in another decade, most probably.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I really don't think to many parents are that foolish to buy his line of work.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Dawkins is a woo woo? Please explain, Sam. We know you can't, of course, but it should prove to be entertaining.

Popcorn, anyone?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You'd be surprised.

:m:

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

"I haven't started it yet, But i thought i might try to do a children's book about how to think for yourself and how to ask questions about interesting topics and how you might go about answering them, Which might be subversive to religion but i don't think would be explicit about that".

A book on how to think for yourself and how to ask questions? No wonder Sam "believes" Dawkins is a woo woo, those concepts are completely foreign to Sam.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Of course, there's some competition in this field:

Though if I were a kid, my choice would be clear

He's just trying to cash in on the children's market.

16. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

Thread moved. This is reference to art/culture since it's regarding an upcoming book title.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Actually, its regarding atheist evangelism to children. If it was a preacher writing a book to warn against the dangers of Harry Potter and such like to children, would you have moved it?

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Atheism never enters the relevance of the article or the interview except only to acknowledge Dawkins as a "prominent atheist."

Your claim of "atheist evangelism" and using the article to support it is a strawman.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  20. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Excellent thread S.A.M. Dawkins is a clown. He does great harm to science by trying to turn it into a religion.

21. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Excellent, I support this 110%. I was persoanlly devastated when I matured and learned that organized religion was a farce. All that time I wasted in church as a child, worshiping the false GOD Jesus Christ.

22. iceaura Valued Senior Member

The entire thread is based on a book review - it's your opinion of Dawkins' efforts based on what you assume will be the contents of the book (based on little or no apparent exposure to the contents of any of Dawkins' books, but then most reviewers probably don't read all the books they review).

Televangelist? That's a specific breed. Jim Wallis (for example) is a preacher who has been on TV, but he's not a televangelist. Your normal confusion of religion with theism should protect you from that one, if your spamfilter had a temporary glitch.

If you are going to maintain this obsession with Dawkins for many more years, some real-world information - including a reasonably accurate comprehension of what he is saying - would be worth looking into.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its not my intention to do a book review, but discuss how atheists evangelise their beliefs and his targeting of children to do so, as he himself has acknowledged them as a "vulnerable group". The book is just a medium of evangelism, like his videos and lectures. I'm surprised he is not calling the book, The God Delusion, Jr or There is no Santa Claus! [ages 2-6]. But apparently such discussions are out of the purview of religion.