World War Z

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Killjoy, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

`
    World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War - by Max Brooks

I could have sworn this had been mentioned already, but - ever unafraid of appearing the buffoon - I shall do so (again if such is the case), as I am about 4/5 of the way thru reading it.

Pure "check your brain at the door" type stuff, I gotta admit... fun, tho' - in a twisted sort of way.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Written as a series of interviews with survivors of a worldwide conflict between humanity and the same sort of shuffling, shambling, moaning, groaning, ever-ravenous animated corpses which populated the George Romero "living dead" flicks.

The cast of characters includes everything from an unscrupulous businessman who marketed a bogus vaccine for "African Rabies" - as the affliction which re-animates the dead is known for a time, to a Japanese internet addict who discovers the plague of flesh-eaters has arrived literally at his doorstep only when he can no longer log on, to a veteran of the "Battle of Yonkers", where the US military discovers that most of it's "toys" designed to mangle the human body are virtually worthless against a foe impervious to everything but a head-shot.

Rumor has it a film version is in the works.
    Can't wait.
    LoL

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sweet
    Ever played Dead Rising for the Xbox 360?

It's just a Big Fat Zombie Hack N' Slash

Best
    Game
    Ever

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.