!World Trade Center Disaster!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by sderenzi, Aug 12, 2006.

1. sderenzi Banned Banned

I am just wondering how many of you here think the WTC disaster was really as big a deal as it's being made out as. I mean listen if they hadn't gone an built skyscrapers that are multiple stories tall, an if they didn't try piling people into cities skyward, well then there really isn't a problem. The only reason I think the situation developed is because there are just to many cities, to many people living, an this is natures way of getting rid of some of us.

Also you can blame the airlines, there is no reason for so many flights to be going around the world especially now that there is the internet, you can conference call on Web Cams for christ sakes!

So in effect the airline industry is just as pointless as it was when it began, an the idea of flying things all around the world merely to satisfy someones desires is ludicrious. Who cares if people in America taste Japanese food?

I believe the final collapse of society as it is will occur, mostly because people instinctively want things to change.

Besides all that the people in those towers were gonna die anyway, like in 10-15 years half of them wouldn't even be alive, they'd have died of heart attacks. So much for changing the world terroists!

Basically do you even care, I mean people are dying of starvation all the time, there is alot of BS going on, those who died in the towers were only a handful of the real world populace that is being left to wallow in misery.

Oh yeah, I read a review on the movie "World Trade Center" an it was saying they wanted to express how the wives had courage an strength during a difficult time! What difficult time you dikes, you weren't the ones trapped in a building that was being burnt to the ground!! This is so ridiculious a comment that it makes me wonder if humanity is loosing its reasoning. The wives didn't need any courage, except maybe afterwards when they realized all they were doing was sitting at home on their butts letting their men pay for everything, what a joke!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Ok... why do we think we build up? Seems people want to move to New York... and people have to work? When you run out of area... you have no choice but to go up. Plus suppy and demand keeps a lot of people out. It's expensive to live there.

People travel for all sorts of reasons. Family, business meetings (some just cannot be handled on the Internet), travel, etc.. Travel makes it easier to do what we want to do.

Then don't travel. Stay in your hometown and be happy about it. Some people want or need to travel and you don't have the right to stop them. And you don't have the right to critize those that want to or those that sympathize with them.

That or realizing changes and power that man was just not built to handle.

It's not a matter of who kills who or why... but where the blame of the cause is shifted. If a heart attack kills Joe, then someone will blame his diet, lifestyle, maybe even their god (but in an understanding way.. or maybe not). If Joe dies from suicide terrorism, we blame the terrorists. And this is what the terrorists want. They want us to blame them, fear them, and do as they want. Fear is a powerful tool.

Terrorism is a smaller and more easilbly controlable problem compared to stopping AIDS in Africa. I think it is better to try to eliminate all those small problems that have plausible solutions than to spend the time on AIDs/world hunger/etc that might never stop.

Love is a powerful in the human brain. I think it's a mechanism to keep groups together and keep what one likes to themselves. It was a survival technique. We don't like in the wild anymore so love seems to have taken an even more powerful role of keeping people together to live with just humans (since it seems to be group verus group verus group.. etc). When someone in your group dies, it's a hard thing to cope with. How to explain it? I don't know.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

What about the innocent pets of these people who now might not be eating as gooder quality food? I hate these pets! I hear some of these pets are now mentally ill, I'm pleased.

Has your food quality declined in the past few years?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sderenzi Banned Banned

Alright you are right about the pets, I too care for them an don't want to see there food change :-(

The wives on the other hand, well, they only care their husbands are dead because it means they'll actually have to work for a living instead of living off them!

8. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

So women marry men so that they don't have to work for a paycheck?

How about those women with children? Isn't that a fulltime job itself?

What about the men who lost their wives? What about the single people that died and their family is sad? How do you explain that?

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

nah, the loss of 3000 innocent lives is no big deal at all.

10. sderenzi Banned Banned

Come on please! Raising children is no full-time job, they wouldn't even need to raise kids if they hadn't popped them out of that hole between their legs!

It's the womans fault she doesn't have a way to support herself, instead of using logic she just wants to breed an then seeks a man, any man, to give them money. I think it's an hilarious joke, woman are horrors!

11. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Sam DeRenzi is 25 and has never kissed a girl. Right Sam? Or never 'dated' (a quaint and peculiarly American concept). Whatever.

As for all that other rubbish: well, it's intended to provoke but I think Sam does have a point. If the WTC attack had happened in a non-Western country it would be all-but-forgotten about by now. But I don't think living in single-storey buildings or crossing continents by road would stop a similar thing from happening in the future. Not that we'd do this anyway. It's we in the West who are trying to bomb everywhere else back to the stone age, I don't think there's any real possibility of us going back there.

12. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

If civilian deaths are still around 100 a day in Iraq, that's the equivalent of WTC every month.

13. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

You are suggesting she should have known what was coming in the future?

I want to know... what do you want humans to do? No woman have kids... everyone works?

And bullshit that raising a child isn't a full-time job. At market pay rates, a stay-at-home mom's salary would be about $130,000 a year. You tell me that isn't a tough job?

Bullshit... men are the ones that want to breed more than women. If you notice.. it seems most women fall in love.. get married... have a bit of fun.. then have children. Some even want to make careers before having children.

You have to remember.. it's men that make women progenant. Not the other way around.

14. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

My problem with the WTC incident was that the rubble wasn't carted away on Donkeys. It could have created a job source of employment for our 4 legged friends. They are keen on hard work, unlike the wives of the dead. I didn't see even see a handbag full of rubble being carted off by any of them, laziness, just pure laziness!

15. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Relatively, the WTC wasn't that big a disaster. 6000+ kids starve to death every day around the world. Twice the number that died in the WTC. I think the thing with the WTC was that we saw it unfold, we saw 3000 people die in one go. People flew two jumbo jets into skyscrapers. Skyscrapers are common place, like streetlights, drain covers, etc. The last thing anyone expects is two of them to collapse because people have flown jumbo jets into them.

Children dying every day is something we've been numbed to, because it's been a fact for so long. If somebody herded up 6000 and killed them all in one go, and we then saw it on tv, I think it would be pretty huge.

It does show how people only really care for themselves though. Out of sight and out of mind and it's fine, but when there's something shitty going on in your part of the world you're up in arms about it. Or spending billions on arms and killing people for it. Saying that, you do see some genuine compassion - firefighters, office workers who went back, volunteer teams, etc. It's just not balanced though.

16. patty-rick Registered Senior Member

IT is a big deal because to the malicious intent behind it, to manage the logisitcs of such an operation and have it pulled off so far away with no purpose but to cause fear, this is what makes it a big deal hey Israel is getting bombed heaps of people are dieing, people are starving all over the world these are big deals as well, the loss of life 3000 odd people on 9/11 wasnt the part that made up the big deal, it was the fear, western culture cant fathom suicide bombers, we dont have the depth of social religious pressures. 9/11 was a big deal because it opened peoples eyes to another part of the world brought it too us

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

There are several threads on this topic currently active. An excerpt from my last post under the thread "Are you prepared for war?"

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's the use of discussing this on Sciforums? I mean you know all the answers already, it's just a bunch of slackers bitching about stupid shit while they should be working!

19. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

Ignoring all the rubbish and stupid statements about women having babies and weather or not its a full time job, blah blah blah. I want to focus on the original question at hand....Was the WTC as big a deal as it seemed to have been. Personally I say yes, however it seems that we saw it first hand and more detailed because there is much much more media coverage in today's world and video tape than there was say 20 years or so ago. Perhaps if we had as much video and media capabilities during the attack on Pearl Harbor it would have blown people's minds (not to say that it didn't) or even battles in the Civil war and so on. Now we are a world of seeing it as it happens and seeing it from all angles. Don't get me wrong, I still believe that 911 was and still is a big deal, but how would we think if we hadn't seen the video and media coverage?

20. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

Just for the record. Raising kids is a hard job. Hats off to Absane for recomending such a generous salary for my job at raising kids. Thank you.

21. Genji Registered Senior Member

On an individual basis it's a monumental tragedy, of course. When you look at the US population total, amount of damage done and our wild expensive over-reaction to this single event it doesn't balance. When you consider the million lives lost in tiny Rwanda, now THAT is a catastrophic disaster. 3k dead in a country that is over 300 million? A pinprick. Russia, Germany, The Korea's, Vietnam, Iraq, Occupied Palestine and many other nations have lost significant numbers in long running wars, disasters and genocide, the US is a big crybaby if you ask me.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  22. Genji Registered Senior Member

The US LOVES to threaten and talk tough, invade 3rd World countries and talk a mighty amount about being all powerful but toss a dart at us and instantly we are rolling on the ground screaming and crying and begging for sympathy. It was a very bad event, no doubt but compared to what the US unleashes on poorer countries? Like a bully that repeatedly beats and rapes those around him, then one guy punches him in the gut and it's WW3. Remind anyone of a recent similar over reaction that led to many, many more deaths than the original punch?