World Peace Document: Formula to Stop War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Guru, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Guru Registered Senior Member

My basic Assumption about war
    1. Countries attack other countries for earthly resources
    2. For generating profits for their defense companies/contractors
    3. I am not including strategic reason because ultimate goal is power over resources. Similarly I am not including religion because again ultimate goal is to have resources/ wealth/ property by using religion as the reason.

Proposed Solutions.
    1. No secrets: There should be no secrets - if you are not well armed then you are not ..if you are not prepared then you are not ..the goal is not to have war if having no secrets leads to that ..then so be it
    2. No Profit making: If you are a corporation/contractor working for any Defense industrial complex you have to be a not for profit organization.
    3. Distribution of natural resources: Earth's natural resources belong to everyone- whether I live in Greenland or Chile ..I own the natural resources of the world - it should be distributed to all the countries in the ratio of their population ..if a certain country does not want to buy that resource from the country possessing the resources then ..it can trade the right to buy what it needs.
    4. Religion: Religion should only be taught in schools/ universities as an optional subject ...and if you need to research more then do it using your own resources. No tax deductions or special benefits to any religious organization. They will not have any right of being a political party - their only job will be to act as guides and workers in Churches, Mosques, Temples ..etc..
    5. Weapon Manufacturing: Any weapons which are manufactured will have an international tracking by GPS installed in the firing mechanism...and should all be accounted for by country or origin and existence.

I am open to adding more to this list of items and would like your help in generating this world peace document. What do you think will work and what do you think needs more controls as far as the above ideas are concerned. We all as world citizens need to think about that a person killed anywhere in the world unjustly will spawn 2 very angry vengeful persons ..and as this grows our society will turn into a chaotic mess.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

1) and for political/ racial/ religious/ population pressure/ ideological reasons.
    2) do you have any evidence of wars started purely to generate profit for arms manufacturers? Sounds a little "off" to me.
    3) wars have occurred through religious differences when resources were not in question.
    How does having no secrets lead to having no war? How do you enforce "no secrets"? Who pays (and staffs) the "Anti-Secrets Organisation"? What are the legal implications of someone walking into a government office anywhere in the world and looking through their files for "secrets"? What classes as a "secret" - direct weapons research, new principles that may have weapons applications, armed forces strengths, politicians love lives? Take automotive research, if some has a new idea for, say a braking system, but doesn't want anyone else to market it first that's agoing to be secret. Are they allowed that? It may have military applications... And if you're going to prevent them keeping it secret and pass it on to all and sundry then why should they bother researching any more innovations?
    If arms firms aren't allowed to make profits then who is going to run them?
    Who is going to pay for "your" share of natural resources? Especially if you're a poor country and can't afford the shipping or any other cost.
    GPS in and of itself will do no good, (that will just tell the user where he is). But I get your meaning. Okay. Who pays for the increased cost of the weapons, especially as arms firms aren't allowed to make profits? How do you get all the old weapons in? Who pays (and why would they pay) to enforce the collection? Who puts up the forces (manpower, oops, personpower)? Who gives up their weapons first?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

I just don't think peace is something mankind is capable of. We have evolved from animals and such are still suceptable to territorialism. (is that a word?). We have emotions such as pride, jealousy, anger and many others that are capable of bringing us to war, but only one that can stop it, love.

As long as Humans roam the earth, we will see wars fought... its not a question of money, secrecy and religion. These might be the said reasons for going to war, but ultimately its one of the human emotions that carry it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Guru Registered Senior Member

Have you heard of secret energy meetings of US govt( both Clinton and Bush) ..Why do you think Vietnam was attacked because they thought there was oil in the basins of Vietnam ( research a little and you will find that the premise for that war was all made up by the Pentagon/CIA) ..Have you heard of a company named Halliburton...do you know that their share prices have more than doubled in last 3 years ..they have many subsidiaries which are defence contractors ..they all are making profits ..Lock heed Martin and Boeing had massive lay offs scheduled before the Iraq war now they are all declaring bonus and hiring like crazy - part of economic plan is to attack for resources and to vitalize the economy..

If you want to go a little back in the history ..East India Company was helped by British Army by attacking Indian subcontinent ..not only that ..the company ruled India for over 140 years and then was taken over by the British Government.

Have you read about why South Africa was ruled by Europeans till recently ..because de beers the diamond company wanted to reach the peak diamond production...

Yes I agree ..but that is the sad part about religion ..you cannot undo what you have started ..you need to wait for hundreds of years to let it settle on its own ...remember the Xian crusades against middle eastern countries, Spanish inquisition ... for 400 years the church never recognized the earth was round ..but I still feel that religion is used as a tool ... why do you have missionaries in different countries ..because they are preparing for blind followers ..so when church puts out an edict it will have political impact on countries where they have these blind followers ...do I hear a Ban on davinci Code Movie..

You have too many questions in your post and I love it ..because you are sincerly looking for answers and are not just argumentative like many members out here ...let me attempt to answer few ..
    1. If there are no secrets the playing field is levelled. Countries do not need to free a secret take over or military covert operation plan.
    2. Who pays for your government ..TAXES ..that should be part of the expenditure once we have reduced the spending on keeping secrets..
    3. The goal is to make the arms expensive and not accessible to general population and finally get them to fade away from our society...if the cost of arms increase the cost will be passed on to the end user. Once the business in not profitable the economics will take over and put the arms dealers and manufacturers out of the trade( goal).
    4. OK do not confuse the secrets or profit making companies with non profit. If the automotive company has a secret then let them keep it ..but remember if they sell to military then they are not allowed to have any profits...use the innovation to serve the people not the military ..if people are ready to buy your innovation then so be it
    5. The poor contry can trade their "share" to another country ..just like stocks on the market floor..if they cannot afford to buy then sell your right ..but then don't complain the buyer is using too much of resources ..since you were given a chance...( again if the natural resource is for Military /defence industrial complex then again it cannot be for profit)
    6. Again the non profit includes charging the customer for operatonal expenses ...just in case you were not sure ...but cannot make a single $ in profit

Let me know if this makes sense ...

8. Guru Registered Senior Member

Steve ..I agree it can be human behaviour ..but we do evolve on daily basis you do not make the same mistake twice on purpose ..it means you learn from your mistakes ..you progress in life ..yes we are territorial beings but if that takes away our freedom then does it make sense..if I want to buy a land overseeing the Pyramids of Giza as a citizen of this world I should be able to ..Borders are just political moves to keep power ..but that is a whole new thread of discussion...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Just a couple of questions for the time being:
    If a country is poor and NEEDS the resources then WHO pays for it? You want the shares to be distributed fairly. That country can't afford to buy the resources and if they trade their shares to get money to buy them they can't have the resources since they've traded away their "rights" to them... The poor will remain poor.
    I still don't see how - someone can make it perfectly clear they're going to invade, and if they have an overwhelming military force then they win. Unless by level playing field you mean that I, as the most powerful military force in the region, can swallow any nation I please, adding to my strength. And when I get large enough to threaten the USA (for example) your "no secrets" policy will inform me of where, when and with what forces they are going stop me. So all I do is move defensive forces into position and they decide "not today".
    And how do you enforce "no secrets"? By creating another UN, but this time with bigger guns and the wherewithal to use them? And with no secrets (or is the force that enforces "no secrets" going to break its own ruling) how will they manage to get anywhere without a fight?
    I'm not disputing Vietnam, Iraq or South Africa (Vietnam was "funny" in that the vietcong only happened to hide in Michelin owned rubber plantations...). They may or or may not be true. But not every war was held for resource reasons, a couple of "true" cases don't indicate that all were the same.
    So who would you pay your taxes to? If you don't pay them to the local government then why should they let you live there? If you do why don't you just become a naturalised citizen of that country?

10. Guru Registered Senior Member

1.what happens right now when a country cannot afford to purchase..it borrows. Secondly, the country can prioritize what resources it wants to purchase. For instance what would Tunisia do with Uranium ..if they do not have an Uranium enrichment plant. So they sell their rights to nuclear nations..and purchase Oil, iron ore or any other natural resouces they require.. Ofcourse mind you the international finance is not suspended just because we have some extra quota.

2. Countries once have access to resources would have no reason to attack ..let us assume the country becomes as big as US in military power ..why would they even attack US ...give me a reason ...Let say if you have the right to all the resources in the world ..why would you want to attack Iraq or Afghanistan for oil ..I don't understand the reason ..Maybe I am too Naive ..but I see no reason to attack another country ...when you can purchase their resource quota by bidding for it ..

3. If I plan to live in Eygpt then I pay them their taxes ..just like if you own a property in different states ..you pay taxes in respective states ..if you earn income from different state/countries you pay them their respective taxes..