World of warcraft

Discussion in 'Computer Science & Culture' started by vslayer, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslayer Registered Senior Member

is there any way to sign up without a credit card? i bought a game which supposedly has 1 month free play, but i need to give them a credit card before i can play. does anyone know of a way of signing up without this, or maybe a way of cracking it?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thecollage Registered Senior Member

BANNED! Suggesting illegal activity! Wow, you tossed me in the can for a day for talking about answering machines.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

OMG please.. help keep sci forums WoW clean.. don't post them here...

Sorry, just don't like WoW..or DoTa
    suggest you search torrents.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

WW3 yay!

8. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Yeah, some stores sell gaming cards that you buy and can input the codes online for those that don't have credit cards.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie_test=1&product_id=780002

- N

9. sly1 Heartless Registered Senior Member

dont....do.....it.....

I played wow for about a year.....was extremely debilitating to RL socialization.......I wouldnt suggest it.....

10. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

yes....WOW is bad for you, unless you dont have friends in real life anyways.

11. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Apparently someone committed suicide in china after playing WoW..

12. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

You know your a computer nerd when...

You tell your friends you are going to get married....and they know you're talking about your WoW character.

13. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Wow sucks. Someone had to say it.

14. vslayer Registered Senior Member

it may very well suck, but the point is i paid $40 for it and i expect to be able to make my own judgement of that.

15. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

You can get married in WoW?

Has anyone seen the new WOW ads with Mr T and Willlam Shatner?? Gosh i'm so gullible with it comes to advertising

16. Bells Staff Member

No you do not need to provide credit card details if you only wish to use a game card. All you need to do is enter the numbers on the game card and that should be it. If it keeps coming back and asking for credit card details after you entered all your details (name, email address, etc) and the game card details, email Blizzard.

From memory, you can simply enter the game card details or your credit card details and then move onto the next step.

I understand they were having some issues with billing and payments a week or so ago, so that may be causing the issue. If it keeps asking for credit card details after you have entered the game card number, email them at: billing@blizzard.com

This may also help: Pre-Paid Cards

And any other questions about billing or account administration can also be found here: Blizzard Support

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007
  17. thecollage Registered Senior Member

wow sucks and you wasted $40. now you are trying to save a buck by your illegal actions. BANNED!

18. thecollage Registered Senior Member

this thread belongs in the cesspool.

19. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i entered my game card details on page 1, then 2 pages later it asks for additional payment. i wonder if telling it that im in oz will change the signup process...

20. Bells Staff Member

Ah hang on. Do you mean the game-card or the free month trial you get with the actual game when you bought it (when you buy the game, you get a one month free deal)? You still either need a credit card or a pre-paid game-card to set up your account, regardless of the free-trial period leaflet you got with the game itself.

You still get a month of free gaming, but you need to have either a credit card or a pre-paid game card to set up the account. Once the one month has expired, it will then draw from either the credit card or the pre-paid game-card. With the credit card, if you decide you don't like it, you can cancel the account before the one month free period is over and it won't cost you anything. With a pre-paid game card however, you can't get your money back.

21. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Please, someone invent a virus that kills WoW users. sorry Vslayer, but we need you here, not in WoW..

22. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

yes i do,ou go and biy a pre paid top up card from places like game, or pc world and go to the wow site and type in your details on the pre paid card.

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

hum humm!! i play WOW i have a lvl 67 night elf hunter called longview, i also have a lvl 14 paladin called Loocifer! we're not all nerds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.