world leaders are cowards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EmptyForceOfChi, Sep 23, 2005.

1. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

It seems that lies spread about Julius Caesar by Roman patricians are the oldest surviving lies. Roman patricians did not like Julius Caesar not because he was a dictator, they did not mind way more ruthless dictators before and after Julius (who did not challenge to much dominant position of patricians as a class). They hated Julius Caesar because he was, to put it in the modern language, a class traitor. In other words, Julius Caesar did give a dime about ancient Roman proletarians - a.k.a plebeians. He did curb patrician greed somewhat, stopped land confiscations from poors, redistributed the wealth in the opposite direction to the natural flow, forgave debts.... Sure thing that Roman patrician "democracy" would never approve the above terrible, undemocratic measures. Thus, Julius became the greatest tyrant in the ancient history (victors write the history, remember). After, Julius death thousands of his supporters were slaughtered too to wash off the mortal insult to the sacred body of ancient patrician democracy.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mountainhare Banned Banned

Expanding the Roman empire, influencing Roman Culture to other countries, AND helping out the poor. BAD Julius, BAD!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. may_wentee Registered Senior Member

O.K. Tell Bush to put on his cowboy hat, jump on his Texas mule, load his Red Rider BB gun, light up his Monica Blunt cigar and lead the U.S. troops into battle. Iraq awaits his glorious charge.

May_wentee

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

Some people love to speak poorly of the Roman Empire, just as they love to speak poorly of America. They forget that Rome was the one nation of history to play its cards right time and time again than any other. I could think of worse things to be likened to than the Roman Empire.

Glory to the SPQR.

8. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

I don't much like Cromwell, but then again, some of my ancestors were Scots who supported the Stuarts.
    But, yeah, he did bring England to some degree of hapiness, but he fucked Ireland up beyond all mortal comprehension (slight overstatement).

9. Tavas Registered Senior Member

most politicans have to be elected.

Fear of not being voted or re-elected is a basic character requirement.
    So yes, world leaders are cowards. Unless you happen to be Castro or Mandela.... etc

10. Osama bin laden Registered Member

World leaders are cowards, they are but pawns, in my chess game, and soon it will be checkmate to Islam.

11. Clockwood You Forgot Poland Registered Senior Member

You know, I was just waiting for someone to post with that handle. The fact that it took this long is a testament to the maturity of the forumgoers... something I didn't expect at all.

12. mountainhare Banned Banned

Allahu Ahkbar!!!

13. Osama bin laden Registered Member

I see your face of bush, and i feel a big shit coming on, excuse me.

14. Tavas Registered Senior Member

Arrgh! what the devil are you doing with baby bush's head as your avatar. It has been 4 years, i know but don't tell me all those posts in philosophy has finally gotten to you. :m:

15. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

Wait'll ya see mine I'll try and make once Halloween comes. A pic of me in a chimp suit with a GWB mask on holding bananas, voting cards, wearing a crucifix and a missle strapped to my back.

- N

16. devils_reject Registered Senior Member

I can still see Bush and Stalin in action, maybe after a few bud and vodka respectivly. But Blair...maybe not even for all the tea in China.

17. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member