Wonders of your favorite scify!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by George1, Feb 2, 2011.

1. George1 Registered Senior Member

strike...erm, lets see....nope, i have nothing more. if you don't have ARG's, your pretty much screwed, and no one could win. replicators would just...win.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. George1 Registered Senior Member

hmm...completely organic technology against replicators...now that would be epic. i would bet on the replicators though. no offense, but in Ark Of Truth, replicators were able to take control of a human. i can imagine them using the tyranids (which would win by its sheer numbers) against themselves!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I personally like nids because.

1. They are like replicators, except with biological matter, after completely taking all the biological matter from a planet the ships swoop down and gobble up the atmosphere and then the oceans boil and they continue to take it for water, and then the tectonics screw up and it becomes a volcanic wasteland of a dead planet.

2. They are all linked together into a central hive mind of trillions of organisms.

3. There are a whole sh*tload of them. And they come in all shapes and sizes, from foot long rippers to 30+ foot bio titans.

4. They can use metal

5. They kick ass.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. George1 Registered Senior Member

so, replicators vs nids= dam big of a mess.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Starcraft, all the way. Along with Macross, Geass and Gundam. Full Metal Panic is also pretty hilarious. My parents bought some start Trek movies, watched them, not bad

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

the only think is that the average tyranid has no intelligence. What happens is that the norn queens are the only sentient tyranids. They create what are called synapse creatures that practically act like giant cell phone towers, they communicate with the smaller nids and the hive mind working through the synapse creatures direct the hordes.

The tyranids use psychic energy. The thing is that the tyranids use practically no metal, maybe odd bits and ends of adamantium for tusks and teeth but that is rather uncommon. They wouldn't have anything to replicate with.

Hell, I wonder if the two sides would even fight. For example, the necrons in 40k are purely metal warriors with the souls of the necron race sealed inside, there are no organic necrons. The tyranids never fight the necrons, the only reason they would is simply because they are on a planet rich with organic matter that the tyranids want, they aren't interested in the necrons.

Pretty much the same thing goes for the replicators. Why would they want to fight the tyranids? A force significantly larger then their own with no tangible gain?

10. George1 Registered Senior Member

never watched any of them, except for FMP

love it.

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Yah I hear ya, the nids are like zergs on steroids.

12. George1 Registered Senior Member

erm...no idea really. but in that case, why would SW fight ST?? also no sense, when you come to think of it.

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

what the hell are zergs??

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

A single commenwealth battleship has about 40+ nova bombs. every single one turning a sun into a black hole. A stategicly well placed assault would just turn any galaxy in a massive black hole. one it started it will not stop. sucking it every galaxy that comes in it's path

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

you'd need a lot bobs then, cuz a galaxy has billions of stars very distant from each other. take a look at our supermassive black hole:
    it has from hundreds of thousands to billions of solar masses, and its at the center of our galaxy for a long long time. probably since the galaxy was formed, but it didn't suck the galaxy in. that's because of the vast empty space.

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Don't forget Star Wars, some of it are great, some not so great.....speaking of which, this is one of the better ones:

17. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Lol, FMP is hilarious, watch Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu (don't know/care how it is spelled). It is just plain comedy, its awesome.

18. George1 Registered Senior Member

as far as i'm concerned, most of it.

like:

or

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Protoss for the WIN however, protoss rules!

Even though it is not scifi, TOM CLANCY BOOKS, especially Rainbow Six:

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

cool...like this one!

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Some scientist believe there are black holes that where born shortly after the birth of the universe. and that they are so massive that they feed on entire galaxy's. as for the massive blackhole in the Milkyway. we are in a very young galaxy .

If you have then ships let's say you have 400 novabombs at your disposal. When you use them on some key places in a galaxy they would quicky grown until they merge in bigger ones. you have to keep in mind that a lot of little ones can do more harm than one big one.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Splinter Cell probably counts as SciFi, so....

The game is awesome. My mom walked it right AFTER a gangster yelled "Sam Fisher, your daughter is a fuckin' whore!".....too close for comfort....

Command & Conquer is also really good.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member