Wonders of your favorite scify!

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by George1, Feb 2, 2011.

1. George1 Registered Senior Member

ok, LAST VS POST,OK?
    yes, 25,000 STAR DESTROYERS! but millions of other classes of ships. fighters, frigates, cruisers... hell, no better proof that they had the ability than the wonder i mentioned: the 900km DS2, 60% build in less than 4 years.
    considering the SD is 1,600 meters long, how many SD would the DS count for???
    hmm? LOTS. they only had 25,000 SD because the Imperial Senate kinda dragged the Empire back. and combined with other things, like the fact that until the Rebellion there was no one to challenge them, there was really no need for more.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. George1 Registered Senior Member

nids??? if only i knew what that is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

The only problem is that the tyranids have potentially billions of ships. To put it in perspective, the tyranids weren't born in the galaxy where the events in 40k take place, the originated at some other galaxy and after completely wiping out the races they moved on to another. We don't actually know how many galaxies they wiped out.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but a large battlebarge from the space marines can often be from 4-6 km long and the largest around 12-14 km.

And yet there are many cases where the average hive ship could easily hold the entire ship in its maw. That means hive ships from 7-20 km long.

And there could be hundreds of millions of them.

And for every stormtrooper that gets killed there is one more tyranid. And for every dead tyranid that body gets recycled into a new tyranid.

Yet the pathetic deathstar gets destroyed by ships no larger then a small transport. Twice... in a row.

Epic fail.

8. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

that's 40k slang for tyranids, another is "bugs"

theres a type of gun that actually fires a seed pod that on contact shoots out dense tendrils that will encase entire troop formations.

9. George1 Registered Senior Member

ok, you seam to think i said SW would win, which i didn't! i know what the tyranids did. they could take well...ANYONE!

as for the DS- "the power to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force!" which is true for the first.
    and the second was destroyed because the empire under Palpatine was highly overconfident. the same reason toke down the Third Reich so fast (if you ask me, if it wasn't for Hitler, WW2 could have lasted a lot longer). they ignored vital flaws, cuz they thought the rebels had no chances...which was kinda true, cuz they did it out of pure luck (by luck, i mean the overconfidence of the empire).

10. George1 Registered Senior Member

tendrils??

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

yah, thats basically what it does. It shoots out tendrils that grabs any soldiers it cans and binds them and constricts them until they die, and if they don't die then the other tyranids kill them.

12. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

That's not so much luck as well, skill.

The DS's were massive wastes of money and resources.

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

well, if you do the calculation of how many SD they could have build with all that sheer amount of resources...BIG wast. no one said it actually helped. but neither would a nuke if your enemy fires them at you first!
    well wong calculated the ds2 to be equivalent to some...fifty billion galaxy class ships.
    http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tech/Industry/Industry2.html

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  14. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I fail to see how wong is qualified to make that silly assumption.

He's a fanatic, and fanatics will make up anything George1.

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

ok, you just proved your the fanatic if you really believe that!

16. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

WTF who's the better android Data or C3po ? Romy from adromeda will kick both there asses in everyway you want and is at least extreemly sexy lol

17. George1 Registered Senior Member

hehe, good point! BUT I PUT MY MONEY ON MEGATRON!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

No, I'm a cynic. I kick up ant piles to watch them freak out so to speak. Especially self absorbed ones. You fit the bill.

I couldn't care less, they are fiction dude. I do have a real life you know.

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

V'ger all the way

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

UNICRON!hahaha

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

tyrannid hive mind... I suppose?

Although I guess its not a robot, lol. I figure its gotta be the largest intelligence

22. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

well those tiny replicators from stargate would have a fieldtrip with megatron and V'ger lol seems like size doesn't really matter hehe

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

leaving the tyranids