Wondering how many Obama fans are going to enlist when pakistan is hit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by angrybellsprout, Jun 20, 2008.

1. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I choose "none of the above".

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

Didn't a Republican led government start this perpetual war?

Both sides go the US into this mess, and if you ask me both sides should never set foot in congress again.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hmm. Interesting idea. Third party?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Ok, I see you want to blame America first. Instead of the real terrorists committing the actual atrocities. We are in a war, and appeasing the terrorists by providing them aid and comfort with your blame America first rhetoric is treasonous.

8. Simon Anders Valued Senior Member

So you don't vote or you vote for a third party? I have sympathy for both those actions, but let me give nasty challenge to these choices.
    Rutger Hauer has kidnapped you and your wife.
    You have three levers to pull and four options.
    You pull lever 1 and someone beats you wife up badly.
    You pull lever 2 and someone rapes your wife after beating her up badly.
    You pull no lever and a man walks in the room and randomly pulls 1 or 2.
    You pull lever 3 and there is a .00001% chance you wife will be set free, unharmed. Other than this small chance event, the man will come in the room and is now vastly more likely to pull lever number 2.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The Americans already have military bases in Pakistan and are bombing people in the NWFP with the help of the resident dictator. As usual they are using precision weaponry and killing Pakistani troops instead.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25090111/

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Then risk the worse one getting in power, thanks for electing Bush by not voting for the other guy.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  11. Kadark Banned Banned

So, how many McCain fans are going to enlist when Iran is hit? When Syria is hit?

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I had no idea Rutger Hauer was even running. Isn't he a German or something? Hardly think he can win then.

13. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Or the other guy, by not voting for Bush. Why can't you people pick up my slack? Still a fair contest even if I don't contribute. I'll just move to Florigan.

14. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Huh? If this war had anything to do with the 9/11 terrorists we would have gone after the country that provided their funding, logistics and manpower: Saudi Arabia. If we had threated to bomb Riyadh instead of Kabul and Baghdad, King Abdullah would have tracked down his beloved family member Osama (does anyone really believe the Saudis couldn't find him?) and his head would have been delivered to the White House by FedEx Overnight.

The reason that didn't happen is that Bush is the scion of the energy industry and his family loves the Saudis. He lied to us about 9/11 so he could use it as an excuse to pursue his family's personal vendetta against Saddam. Bush is a traitor who has earned no one's loyalty. His hand-holding buddies who run Saudi Arabia are laughing at our expense while they cook up their next plan to attack The Great Satan.

BTW, killing 3,000 Americans in the past nine years makes terrorists a slightly bigger nuisance than lightning and bees. In those same nine years 200,000 Americans have been killed by drunk drivers. We know their names and where they live, so they wouldn't be nearly as hard to catch as terrorists. We could stop most of them by requiring a breathalyzer ignition interlock in every car, so we wouldn't even have to kill them. And it would only cost $5 billion, about what we waste on The War Of Lies in one week.

If we don't think drunk drivers are an important enough threat to bother with, then terrorists aren't even worth thinking about. Still, if we wanted to make a show of force against the terrorists just because we're macho American dudes and nobody better fuck with us, the country that needs to be destroyed is Saudi Arabia, not Afghanistan, Iraq or Pakistan.

15. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Angry you so called conservative really make me laugh! When you do not have facts to support your positions, you make them up. Obama has never said anything about invading and occupying Pakistan. He has said he would pursue and attack Bin Laden and his followers in Pakistan or wherever he finds them if local authorities are not up to the job. Now that is a position I support. Your beloved George II has now implemented that strategy. Kind of funny it took a Democrat to propose it before George II would adopt it. And in fact, George II has attacked positions in Pakistan in the last few months. But it took a Democrat to push him into it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/20/world/asia/20pstan.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/06/11/pakistan.troops.killed/index.html

I know you will probably not accept these articles as they are not from authorized conservative authors, but from the main stream (liberal, non conservative) press.

17. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Remember when those bastard Republicans got us into the Gulf of Tonkin?

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

That LBJ was a Democrat who deceived the nation into initiating an unprovoked and unjustifiable war doesn't excuse a similar high crime by the present Administration.

19. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Still the question is what are you going to do to support the war effort in Pakistan if Obama gets elected?

20. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Obama is not agitating for war with Pakistan.

21. OilIsMastery Banned Banned

Obama wants to draft every teenager in America to die in Pakistan.

22. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Yea, oil. What kind of drugs are you doing...must be good?

23. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And Obama wants the same thing, as the recent article illustrates.

Look, this is an issue of hypocrisy, which I think is what Oil is trying to point out. You can't go on about how Obama is the Peaceful Messiah, and damn the other candidates, when he has war plans of his own. It's an appeal to reasonability. Naturally, of course, by the time such an appeal is made it will invariably fall on deaf ears.