Womens Rights.!!!

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by cluelusshusbund, Nov 1, 2014.

?

Shoud adult women have the right to go topless anyplace a man can.???

1. Yes

2. No

3. Only if descretely feedin a baby

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

This is a private poll.!!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Yes. The reasons supporting laws against public nudity are weak.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I answered "No." These kinds of things should be determined by general community standards, and I don't think that we're at the point where a majority of the public would accept topless females in all of the same circumstances that they currently accept topless males.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

How is this any different from a woman showing her face or legs?

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I don't know. How is it different? You tell me. Why do you wear a top when you go swimming in the public pool?

9. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Who says that I do?

Why should we ask women to conceal themselves in ways that we do not ask of men? Do people have the right to restrict conduct that isn't harmful?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The problem is, as a species, we have sexualized the breasts to the point that revealing them is an intimate, almost taboo, act. Many view this the same as if a man were to go around sans pants... not to mention simply having billboards or vehicles with topless women on them have caused accidents in the past (see http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nts-day-moscow-s-distracted-male-drivers.html Advert featuring woman’s breasts causes 500 accidents in a DAY among Moscow’s distracted male drivers - before being impounded by police)

Is this correct/appropriate? I don't know... I do not necessarily agree with it... but I also don't see how we can, in any rapid sense, force society to change its views.

11. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

That's their problem.

12. sculptor Valued Senior Member

I suspect that you are projecting a cultural bias out onto the entire species.

13. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Nice map,
    hmm
    women are allowed to go topless in Iowa,
    still,
    I ain't never seen one do it.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Indeed, it is - however, if you throw the concerns of the masses out the window, you will find yourself with no support (not to mention a lot of confused, angry, and as a result, dangerous, people)

It does not hold true in all areas (tribal areas in Africa, for example), but in almost every industrialized nation (at least in industrialized areas), it is expected that men and women should keep their sexual parts covered... the biggest difference comes to "what is a sexual body part".

15. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

No one is forced to continue to look. If they're offended, that's their problem.

“Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it.”

16. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Absolutely. Those "baby feeding glands" are sexual parts and you women folk should keep them covered. Lest us men should be overwhelmed by impulse and give you women what you obviously want. Right. Seriously Kitt? The status quo is thus and therefore should always be...

[Grumbling about fundamentalists goes here]

17. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Absolutely not. Men if they are real men, have sexual desire and is a natural and a healthy response to women's sexuality. If you will have naked women walking everywhere than what will happen is that the men who have these sexual desires will be provoked to act upon them, moreover the sexuality that is between a man and a woman in bed will be halted, because "sexuality" will become so mundane that it will not be enough. I am talking here needs for BDSM, Swinging, and etc arising out of needs to get sexual satisfaction.

The West has already corrupted the idea of a family core values, now they want to take sex out of our lives.

18. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

It is a BIOLOGICAL response to want sex and having the sexual need to a woman who is acting in such a manner. Women have been provoking men for the entire civilization of humanity, the means have changed slightly, but it is with sexuality that a woman keeps a man at her bay. You want to unleash such a powerful weapon on a man and disregard the needs of a man entirely. Is wrong. No one is forced to look? SEX is in the mind first of all.

19. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Damn, I didn't know that my tits were so powerful. I better unleash these bad boys and put them to good use.

Wait a minute.

Sex is in the mind, but you're only attracted to our tits, is that right?

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Your lack of comprehension is... disturbing... considering that not four posts prior, I said:

Then again, if you were you pay attention to what I was actually saying, instead of cherry-picking specific sentences out of context, you'd have nothing to bitch about... so I guess that explains why you act the way you do

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You aren't here for actual discussion - you are here to stir the shit pot.

Sex is in the mind? I didn't realize that... I guess all the physiological responses to sexual stimulation (be it visual, tactile, et al) are "just in our minds"?

And once more - I would agree that such a closed-minded view is less than helpful for society... but I would like to see a suggestion as to how the obvious (and all to predictable) reaction that the larger portion of society would have to this (ranging from increased ogling and catcalling, something that your other thread implies you wish to stop) to anger and possibly even abuse (from the more... fundamentalist and closed minded individuals... remember, there are still "men" out there who earnestly believe a woman's place is in the kitchen, that she should not speak unless spoken to, et al).

If you want to change society... well, you have to do it slowly, or else it will rubber band back and snap ya in the face.

21. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

Who me? As a man I tell you that for me the priority goes like this: cute face, round ass, curvy body, tits, legs.

22. Trooper Secular Sanity Valued Senior Member

Holy shit! So, you would even consider my face, ass, body, tits, and legs as powerful weapons used against a man. Ah, so you're the burka type.

Women, if they are real women, have sexual desires, and it is a natural and a healthy response to a man's sexuality. If we have naked men walking everywhere then women who have these sexual desires will be provoked to act upon them.

The back of a man's neck, I don't know why, but it's a huge turn on. You'd flip up your collar, if you know what's good for you.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  23. youreyes amorphous ocean Valued Senior Member

See the thing is if you have naked men walking, the women are not turned on by it, not even close. Women are turned on by the mind of a man and the large size of his penis. So the same strategy is not going to work.

No there is layers of sexiness that woman has and in no way am I for burka. I want woman to be half sexy and half not sexy. Burka is too much, walking on street in bikini is too little. Balance is what I strive for to see in a woman, a little see this cleavage, semi-short skirt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.